San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed} (Part 1)

I’m still waiting on the Tinkers he promised, lol.

yeah, they are big teasers. they did that to helfers for 12 of 14 years, always making us get quests from them and so on.

oh he’s had failed predictions?

That would be really sad if all we got for losing pretty much all of our races customizations to Void Elves was red eyes, I would legit believe there was an Alliance bias then and I have always been strong about there isn’t a bias in WoW for either faction but that would seal the deal for me.

3 Likes

Yeah he thought tinkers were coming after the Mechagon stuff was revealed. Which would have been nice. I’d like Tinkers and Bards.

oh i thought you said before that you expected thats what they’d do, and that you’d accept it. dont dark rangers also have undead skin tones?

Yeah, the Alliance got blue eyes and hair colors and likely more. Eye color isn’t viable customization to be even REMOTELY satisfactory. High elves might rely on ‘blue eyes’ or something because that’s their entire shtick, along with ‘regular hair’, but Dark Rangers and San’layn would need undead skin tones at the bare minimum.

Then, San’layn would need claws and fangs to be acceptable as San’layn, otherwise you’re legit a Dark Ranger (Which is cool, and great, but not what this specific thread is advocating for to be added ALONE) and not a vampyr, especially with the absence of lore.

Absolutely not, I’m not accepting bare minimum. Also this isn’t to say you don’t have to. You can do whatever you want, I’m just saying it won’t be even remotely enough for me. Especially if blood elves get no other additions baseline anyway like tattoos or scars. “Red eyes” don’t make any distinction. It’s just an eye color.

4 Likes

I think it’s honestly the other way around. If we get San’layn customizations, we can do Dark Ranger easily. Because red eyes and pale skin are all we need for that.

San’layn is a few eye colors, hairstyles, bat ears, cracked skin, dark make up, long nails, etc.

6 Likes

did you change your mind since you said that? i mean i want people to be happy and excited to play the game. if it was up to me, you’d already have playable san’layn and dark rangers.

2 Likes

Still rooting for you guys, I really hope you get it some day or at least a lot more options for Blood Elfs to make it as close to a San’layn as you can.

4 Likes

No, I don’t recall ever saying ‘red eyes would be enough’, and if I did, I was pretty much lying/annoyed/desperate.

The game is pretty much dead for me. There’s a lot it would take to bring me back. Red eyes for blood elves isn’t going to cut it at all. I’m not looking for some flawless barbie elf with red eyes. I’m looking for:

All of this + fang options too.

After all the work we’ve done in here to share lore ideas, customization ideas and just… this thread might have random off topic stuff, that’ll happen during nearly 10k posts, but so many of us have shared SO MUCH CONTENT and ideas that have gone completely and utterly ignored. So to be just given red eyes and be told ‘be happy’… no.

Thanks very much, that’s kind of you!

6 Likes

not just red eyes. undead skin tones. arent dark rangers undead? i realize thats not the whole kit, but surely blizz is aware of this thread and would know the proper customizations to add for san’layn. the problem seems to be getting them to do it

3 Likes

Yeah undead skin tones would be a bit better along with the red eyes and would be satisfactory, they can just unlock DK skin tones anyhow given…they literally did it for hair. I think it would satisfy a ton of people. I’d be a bit happier then, yes, though still would hope for scars/tattoos (for blood elves in general).

The thread would still be going for the rest, but yes, in that case the toolkit would be a very good step and likely satisfy a large margin of people beyond just red eyes.

It still boggles my mind that they unlocked the unique hair DK have but aren’t doing it for the skins, it seems really simple. Sigh.

2 Likes

boggles the mind. also the blue eyes, red eyes and undead skin tone data leaks back at the beginning, pulling them and only giving back the blue eyes. :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Oh yeah I remember hearing about that :frowning:

San’Layn would be more involved than other subrace looks they’ve already given people. But it’d be so worth it. And they do have some assets already in game. Some of it could be filled in by opening up NPC options to players. Hell they aren’t even using the San’layn models anymore since they killed them all off. Players might as well use them. :triumph:

1 Like

well vamps make more vamps, so they prolly arent all dead. and they dont have the excuse that there aren’t enough of them since they can spread like a virus. you dont have to wait for mom to carry to term, give birth, then raise them from infancy. they make all new vamps of fully grown adults and one vamp could sire a whole village, in short order, and spread exponentially. kinda creepy lol

Looks like we may be getting a brief content preview tomorrow:

“The next World of Warcraft: Shadowlands Content Update will be unveiled soon. Catch an exclusive glimpse at the latest chapter in the WoW saga this Thursday, November 11 at 10:00 a.m. PST, right here on worldofwarcraft com and on YouTube. See you there!”

I will of course keep an eye out for it and see if there happens to be anything of San’layn interest. :wine_glass::bat:

6 Likes

Any assets from npcs will probably need to be worked on a bit to get them up to current par for characters I’d imagine…

Still I’d want blizzard to do it. Lol

3 Likes

That’s what I’m hoping. I hated that, really. They have interesting lore, and they just disposed of them.

1 Like