San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed} (Part 1)

Okay so people have pushed me again and again to watch that and I will soon, I feel, but I did read the first book and didn’t like it. It didn’t hook me. People say the show is better than the books though. So I really need to give that a shot for sure.

Trust me, the show is better. The music alone makes me want to rewatch it.

1 Like

I adore a show with good music. I’ll have to give it a look :slight_smile:

1 Like

The first two seasons are on Spotify if you want to take a listen

1 Like

Since people are trying to figure out exactly what constitutes as San’layn customizations I figured I would take a crack at it.

San’layn (As a customization) need at minimum

• Fangs
  • Undead Skin
  • Bat Like Ears
  • A Dark Eye Option
  • Claws (Can be taken from Demon Hunters)

Can be helped with

• Dark Eye Makeup (Can be shared with Dark Rangers)
  • Red Eyes (Can be Shared with Dark Rangers)
  • Scars/Damaged Ears
  • Ombre Hair (Curtain color combos can add that undead look)
  • Darker Jewelry Colors

Would be nice to have but not highly likely

• San’layn Voice Files.
  • Altered Racials
  • 'Heritage" Armor like set.
  • NPCs calling you “Darkfallen or San’layn” for a racial name
  • Special Mount.
5 Likes

There is a lot of “fallen” Sin’dorei customization suggestions that should be able to fill out an entire race slot or get close to filling one out.

If Blizz does not think it is enough to fill up a race slot why not mash the different groups together? They already have common ground considering how loyal the San’layn and the Fel Blood were to Kael’thas.

Thalassian Dark Rangers and San’layn could easily be squished together to fill a race slot, but I worry that Dark Rangers would have to lose their banshee influence.

Love this, Drede. Just like I love what you suggested in my Dark Ranger thread. I can’t like it because of the forum’s dumb arbitrary like limit.

4 Likes

I’d be a bit disappointed since I think their the easiest option for a second visual theme for Blood Elves, and I would hope that got / gets addressed

1 Like

I think you’re probably right on that sadly.

Back when the Allied Race concept was young I theorized a “Grab Bag” of Undead Elves borrowing from each, but San’layn stuck out a bit more as a unique thing with Vampiric Mutations/Probable Racials/Posible Culture so it kind of overpowered the “Zombie Elf” and “Ghost Elf/Banshee” concepts.

It’s why I think it would work better as a “Skin” with possible Racials/Features added latter via a subface system.

Thanks, I would do one for Felbloods but there isn’t an active thread on that.

Oh I hate that “feature.”

I’m participating more so I’m punished for showing support! Great concept!

1 Like

I like your list still best of all because it breaks down everything specifically including colors and you always add stuff when someone asks you to and I love that. :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Come to find out DH do not have fangs, which is disappointing. :confused:

Otherwise yeah, looks good.

Jet black/amber is also what I’m thinking as well.

Out of curiosity, who? Likely a thread I don’t want to be involved in already more than I am or something?

2 Likes

I appreciate that. I like breaking things into categories so they’re easier for others to digest and for me to keep track of them.

2 Likes

I thought that was the case, but that might be Night Elves confusing me.

Mixed in with the general “Red Eyes” discussions over the last couple weeks.

1 Like

Yeah, granted night elf fangs are super awesome too. If you want my honest opinion, Thalassians should have fangs or at least the option in general. I mean…

^ She didn’t spontaneously get these upon becoming a banshee.

^ She too has fangs

Why. don’t.Thalassians.have.fangs.

#fangsforThalassians

6 Likes

Wow, people are super petty. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Yeah I’ve noticed that a lot lately x.x

2 Likes

They really are, however and regardless of that hugs to you both. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

3 Likes

:hugs: to you too.

2 Likes

My last few days of posting until Blizzard gets their act together to give BEs an actual customization pass with what should be a second visual theme.

But I’ll keep up the support for as long as I can

4 Likes

Hugs! We’re able to share some good stuff anyhow. I guess on Halloween I’ll share some OC art. I’ve shared liike all I have in this thread though… so like… won’t be anything new, but hey, art is art. Maybe some good music as well, I dunno. I wish I had new stuff to share :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes