San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed} (Part 1)

This game is so close to dying it actually makes more sense to see Blizzard not caring about its paying customers and just quietly doing the same old, not paying attention as they silently kill this wonderful experience of an MMORPG.

If only they’d go back and refind the RPG parts…

Sigh…

2 Likes

Just wanted to say you’re one of the brightest members of the community I’ve had the pleasure of interacting with and you continue to keep your chin up, stay positive, and give your ideas through the chaos. I really, really appreciate this more than you know.

This speech is lovely, to be honest. I really would love to see the implemented into the game. It’s so important to note that the San’layn fought for Silvermoon and died for it on the icy ground of Northrend. They were fighting for their people, and this is why I am fully confident that an anti-hero arc where they fight for redemption and their city, like the Death Knights, is entirely possible.

It’s also why I do, while I wish the blood princes would come back and lead, think Kael’thas would make an interesting Blood King. I think the San’layn would be super neat as defenders of Silvermoon city. Blood Elves represent the daytime guard, San’layn could guard the streets at night and feed upon their enemies, never allies (without permission). It’s also a throwback to how forsaken came through and were the blood elves’ only hope. I feel like the Blood Elves can extend a hand to their fallen brethren with that in mind and give them a chance.

Gods I wish. I agree with the sentiment too. Toxicity has clamped its jaws on the community, and it just seems like we scream into the void, only for the void to constantly want to steal the ideas presented here. But the ideas are indeed still flowing, even if just a little.

I do apologize for my lack of ideas lately. I repeat myself a lot, but… well. Given the recent happenings and how I’ve been giving ideas for 3 years, with lore, implementation ideas, customization ideas, and what have you, I’m a bit drained (yes that is an intended pun.)

5 Likes

I figure one of the more awesome things that might be game design wise hard to implement might be, hear me out, willingly embracing other players, just with the hopefully there option to restore to half-unlife as I mentioned before.

Still, could be truly spicy PC wise for people to consider, or another thing to maybe be salvaged and altered, to allow more DK’s and more DH’s in time? Just story idea reaching, brainstorming a bit, wondering what might work, what might not…

1 Like

Given I’m firmly against all class/race restrictions, yeah I fully think it could work.

1 Like

The question would be doing it well.

And the fact that Blizzard hasn’t changed yet is pretty clear it’d be done badly for now.

What I do like though is at most one racial class restriction, with the caveat that an in-game item would award the player who uses the item permission to make one of said class on any realm, however once that’s done they are a normal character.

I’d love to one day see WoW be an actual world, Earth sized in game, and on one single solitary server. With last names. Just, the sheer effort seems like Blizzard’s not going to see the advantages of that for a while.

1 Like

Well the thing is, people argue class restrictions based on ‘well this culture wouldn’t do this’ and it’s illogical because everyone honestly isn’t a hive mind.

“Blood elves wouldn’t worship the wild gods” who says that’s a hard rule, though? If you are devout to the loa or wild gods, you could be granted druidism. If you make a deal or honor the elements, you could be a shaman. If you have strong willpower (Because the lore says that’s literally all it takes), you can be a paladin.

I don’t understand why people have the ‘your character has to follow everyone else of their race, it makes no sense in their culture’. People break off from cults all the time. People break off from communities all the time. People move locations and adapt to different cultures all. the. time. So, it’s illogical to think that because you are [x] race you can’t use [x] magic.

There are really rare exceptions like void elf paladins which wouldn’t make sense, as evidently it’s canon they would ‘explode’. Except… we have disc priests that balance light and void magic. In their lore. So even then, it’s like ‘what?’. Plus void paladin could just be the melee version of a void priest.

People might bring up undead druids, but why can’t they have the undead part of druidism, drust, which would be like a ‘shadow priest’ to light?

People wrongly say undead can’t wield the light where as per lore, yes they 100% can, no they don’t get turned to ash, they DO however feel INTENSE pain, so a true undead paladin would be extremely noble (or evil) to wield the light regardless of the pain they deal with on the regular for doing so. One doing so would need to have exceptionally strong will.

So there are no reasonable arguments. Even Demon Hunters have no excuse. Why can’t the Illidari train others? Why does it have to be Illidan? Flat out, it’s dumb lore, it should be trashed. They retcon lore that is FAR more valuable, so saying something as simple as ‘The illidari taught the art of demon hunter to everyone else’ isn’t difficult.

Anyone with free will should be able to learn any magic type, there’s nothing saying you literally can’t be a character with willpower and approach a trainer to learn it. Your backstory will require you to have to do so for years, or change a religion, but…

…it’s stupid how there’s so many ‘faiths’ in WoW for things like druids and many wild gods accept all followers, yet there’s no instances of [x] race aside from trolls worshipping the loa or night elves worshipping the wild gods. No excuse.

1 Like

I wish blizzard would dedicate servers to people who want a less restrictive lore environment. Like how they made classic servers. The private servers I have seen advertisements for tend to be less restrictive when it comes to lore stuff. Not everyone cares about the lore like that anyway. I think if wow had more of an anything goes server that would be a nice place to dabble in cool race/class comboes, no transmog limits, more off the walls rp, and something like deciding alliance or horde like pandaren do for each race. It definetly would be interesting to play WoW like that. I don’t understand why we don’t have servers like that. Say other games have different servertypes. Warmode made all servers act the same besides rp servers. I think a no rp restriction server would be nice and fun to play with all the wow assets.

Just as I have seen some cool vids of people playing dnd with different rules in short clips. Wow being so lore restrictive can hurt the appeal of the game.

1 Like

WoW doesn’t appeal to or like roleplayers. They cave to classic people, they cave to hardcore, but it seems like any major roleplay stuff like literal logic when it comes to lore (neutral guilds or removing class/race restrictions) they won’t even look into. Much less things like customizable housing, RP mode where more people could enter an instance and there’d be no mobs, actual decent story, and what have you.

This is a great idea, of course, but will they ever do it? Of course not. They care about classic players and the top 1%. Likely why many in the RP community are flat out leaving at this point.

3 Likes

Adding another post to this thread to request San’layn customizations for Blood Elves including but not limited to red eyes and burgundy/pink hair colors. :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

And if it’s customization, give us some juicy lore through a night-warrior like questline :smiley:

7 Likes

For sure, I’m in for that, I actually liked the unlocking the Night Warrior questline which is why I did it more than once. Lol. :blush: :blush: :blush:

3 Likes

On the topic of lore, I do think exploring that underground area and even turning it into a city would be so neat. Anhket (spelling?) The old kingdom is one of my favorite dungeons. I enjoy it when I get it in timewalking. But I think it could be expanded.

A return to Azeroth and perhaps Northrend revamp is admittedly a dream of mine. Utguarde Keep, the castle-like structure in Howling Fjord, would make a really neat raid. I would adore if they expanded that.

3 Likes

It almost was if I remember correctly.

1 Like

Not every real life human follows the constructs and conventions of their cultures or society in real life, I sure don’t. Why should the races in WoW be any different? There are outlying individuals for every race, sex and gender. Besides, WoW’s lore has become very inconsistent and full of retcons so I wouldn’t put too much stock in it anymore.

Ahn’kahet would make for a great place for San’layn to build a city and even a super secret civilization. Imagine! Bats and spiders together.

I’d love a Northrend revamp too, but I no longer trust the current writing team at Blizzard not to ruin it.

3 Likes

This made me think awww cuteness and ewww gross both at the same time. Haha.

2 Likes

Yeah I think you’re right. UGH I WISH IT WAS THOUGH D:

Well! The scourge are rampaging, and I still firmly believe the prepatch isn’t enough to settle that…so there’s chances for some good stuff if only they would take it.

SO MUCH THIS. I don’t get why it’s so strict, it makes no sense. IT’s why any argument I see with ‘well a night elf would NEVER do this’, I discount. Who are you to tell me what my character would do?

YES. People had been talking about the secret city idea a long time ago and I absolutely adore it. Gods I wish it was to be a thing. There’s so many neat ideas there.

MAybe there’s some small chance that Blizzard has been following this thread and is like ‘man that city idea is great let’s make it’. And it happened a LONG time ago (so… like years ago) meaning it’d be coming out soon. Eh? Eh? :frowning: :bat:

I think I can convince you to go the former :slight_smile:

Ever see the sky puppies?! Flying foxes are amazing.

3 Likes

When this happens to me, i usually dispatch the rude a-hole with a “unless you are offering to pay for my sub, me thinks how I play the game I pay is with all due respect, not your business. So pay my sub and make your opinions known, or don´t pay it and stay salty because I literally disregard it as useless BS. Your pick”.

Feel free to copy it for the next iteration of idiot trolls on the internet, Balesong. It works, they usually don´t expect to get a figurative btchslap in exchange for a “bad joke”. And I do suspect it makes nervous some of them, you know, the ones actually NOT interested in conflict.

Indeed, but then again as a middle aged human? I think people aren´t truly “targeting” nobody, they are just bored and want to troll. So when they get “burned” thanks to their bad joke, some desist inmediately.

3 Likes

I’ll be sure to use my own version of your suggestion on what to say. Thanks for the advice. <3

2 Likes

wait, let me clarify something:

are you saying that if a player of the opposite faction agreed to it, a san’layn could do the vampire thing to them and now they’re horde, as if they’ve been sired?

haha i have met this incarnation of you a few times! you are blessed, considering if i even look like i might be irritated, things devolve quickly and i get in the trouble

1 Like