San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed} (Part 1)

I think it’s out of spite which is sad because it didn’t need to go this far over video game elves.

5 Likes

Technically the elves themselves were already magic vampires. They need it to live. Although the alliance high elves were more about not wanting to siphon from corrupting magic… then they got void elves and high elves through customization.

The blood vampire thing is good for blood elves on horde. The name blood elf sort of also skews that more to horde with actual blood ya know?

The alliance also took werewolves. I was surprised the alliance got both a void and light race from subraces those are opposing. Contrasted with the nature and arcane based races of highmountain and nightborne. The blood elves and orcs sort of already called dibs on blood magic. Bloodlust also skews vampires to horde. Vampire shamans with the bloodmoon :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

I’m not as big of a fan on neutral anything tbh but I also prefer the customization route because I see it as the most easy to request atm as well as being of benefit to BE fans in terms of adding a second visual theme.

I stand by thinking if the base toolkit or what have you is given stuff can be asked for to continue it later if not all is given at once.

5 Likes

i added san’layn and dark rangers to a thread i created on shapeshifting specs. would appreciate your input. i’m slowly but surely going thru all the classes.

The Great Shapeshift

2 Likes

The San’layn have had a rough life and continue to have quite a bit of a journey of survival in a world (of Warcraft!) that seems to be against them. I wanted to link some music on the spooky side that somewhat reflects this:

Still hoping the San’layn make it on their long journey to the Horde side of that character creation screen! :wine_glass::bat:

4 Likes

God, people suck. It’s difficult having an opinion now days. I’m going to hide in this thread. It’s warm and dark here.

7 Likes

Yeah.

I intend to hide too. Lol

7 Likes

I mean it’s not even just here. You have an opinion and people ride your butt about it when they disagree. This time it was over me not liking a specific trio of pokemon and now I’m the villain. :stuck_out_tongue:

I express my major discontent with lore, the writing in WoW and how story matters and how the Lich King (among other favorites of mine) were ruined. People then proceed to tell me I’m whining, I’m stupid, or unworthy and shouldn’t play the game. The thing is, I barely do.

8 Likes

I get that.

Everyone here (wow community) always wants to fight it feels like.

Doesn’t matter what you do or say someone chooses to have an issue with it.

7 Likes

I hate the constant fighting. I grew up with perpetual conflict transpiring around me. It’s really immature to see a person with a conflicting opinion and then target them because you disagree.

7 Likes

Lol, you must not deal with people that talk about politics or that want to talk about politics all the time because that’s legit all that ever happens.

4 Likes

Interesting input indeed! Though San’layn aren’t really class-locked, as there’s instances of variety in them, so I’m not sure restricting them to one class would do if that makes sense. Plus, I would imagine wings could be a mount which would be easier than making it a shapeshift. I also don’t like there’s no customization in shapeshift at all, so we’d get a DH situation where your character doesn’t look like your character, just a cookie-cutter form x.x

Oh dear… what happened?

Those types of people are ruining the game as is, and their opinions are less than dirt, to be honest. Shadowlands story was horrid to me as well. Lore is entirely shattered. Until we go back to Azeroth, and even then, things have changed forever, eh. Honestly, only fix is to wake up as the MC at the end of Legion and say ‘oh it was all a bad dream’… which they aren’t going to do, unfortunately.

Entirely agree there… I actually am nearly completely turned off to the game & forums after the recent incident. It shouldn’t impact me as much as it did, and by saying this it could just tell the bullies that they’ve won, but I don’t care anymore. I’m just… numb now to something I used to have a lot of passion for.

Yeah when someone tries to turn the way I was born into politics or religion I get a little (okay a lot) on edge ><

6 Likes

This is completely understandable and I feel you, I’m the same exact way especially given that seems to always be a very touchy subject that people want to tell you how wrong you are and it’s like hello I’m me and I for sure know myself better than you.

5 Likes

Don’t know if I’ll return if they don’t restore a semblance of decency to the lore. The WoW community save for a few pearls is awful. I had a RL friend join the game only to be immediately turned off by the inconsistency and disrespect for the lore and the hostility of the community.

Yeah, I wished they’d make Shadowlands and BFA just a bad dream too. What they’ve done is so abhorrent to me.

Yeah, being bullied is no fun at all. I’ve been bullied nearly my entire life.

Politics can eat my butt.

6 Likes

I can sympathize. Along with people taking advantage of my kindness. Well, we won’t let unhinged people bring us down.

San’layn for the Horde, or neutral if the faction barrier finally shatters/loosens due to neutral guild/pve options.

You would think, but logic isn’t a thing for some folks.

Going back to this, repeating you would think, but some people think I’m an evil mastermind for even suggesting it.

Gods I’m just so tired of people. I just hope Blizzard are listening to the folks who actually contribute to the community in good faith as opposed to the faction extremist bullies. I’m not renewing my sub come November though.

And yeah, Blizzcon thing got cancelled. It was a wreck last year and actually made me quit the game. So I wasn’t looking forward to it this year either. They’re evidently still working on stuff, and ‘excited’, but I have little to no enthusiasm. I’ve made my mark here and shared my ideas only to be harassed by unhinged individuals. I appreciate all that have supported me though, in all seriousness.

My responses will be in this thread and some other AR threads but few and far between, because as I said, I’ve been turned off nearly entirely to bothering after that situation if it’s only going to lead to a bunch of bullies who get offended over pixel elves in video games.

4 Likes

I know that feeling.

Personally I find it ‘flattering’ if people think me saying something is so detrimental that I’m seen as a literal boogieman who’s foul machinations will destroy everything they claim. It means I must have made a good point if they are THAT scared.

Trying to be positive…

Que the Oogie Boogie song!

It’s literally the only thread I have notifications on for lol

I do to.

3 Likes

Yes this. :yum: :yum: :yum:

But never this, I never want to faction barrier to be gone especially not after Blood Elves basically being shared to Alliance in the form of Void Elves almost 100% and us not getting the same treatment with one of the Alliance races 100%.

1 Like

Good to see this. More positive changes for the workers & hopefully the company continues to improve as a whole. It does seem like they are making an effort, which is very much needed, both with inner-company and community.

5 Likes

I thought up another allied race intro speech for San’layn, which is the speech you hear from an allied race’s leader when you create a new character of that race. I’ve done this before, but I wanted to try again with something different.

For this, I went with just a general leader for San’layn speaking as opposed to something Kael’thas specific, though I may do one of that sometime in the future.

Here is what I came up with:

"We were Kael’thas finest in life. Hand selected as the elite to help lead our people towards a brighter future.

We were strong.

We bravely stood before the Scourge, fighting for what felt like an eternity to our last breath where others would have been slaughtered in mere moments.

We were strong.

Despite being cursed and forced to serve the Scourge, we kept resisting until we finally broke free from the Lich King’s control and this vampyr curse placed on all of us.

We. Are. Strong.

Brothers and sisters of the night, stand tall! For not even death itself can stop us! No longer will the Darkfallen hide in the shadows as others deem us as monsters to be slain. We will fight against this world that wishes to deny us our existence, for we have found a place within Horde, who fight similar battles as we have, and have been given purpose once more in joining our brothers and sisters in Silvermoon, allowing us to continue what we pledged to do in life and protect our home against those that seek to harm it!

We shall take what the Scourge gave us, take control of it, and claim it as our own! The world will learn that it can not deny us anymore, and it will know what it means to be San’layn!

For the Darkfallen! For Silvermoon! For the Horde!"

Not perfect by any means, of course. Just something I wanted to attempt. :wine_glass::bat:

7 Likes

I am just going to assume it’s all PR for now until I see more tangible improvement.

4 Likes