San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed} (Part 1)

4 Likes

You are managing it very well.

2 Likes

Spotted this art on twitter I had to share!

SOURCE: https://twitter.com/Ami_onna/status/1451589070728175642

11 Likes

I’m not sure if I asked this here before, but considering San’layn were once Kael’thas’ followers, would they still be loyal to him assuming he managed to come back as a San’layn somehow? Or forgive him in general?

When Kael’thas’ followers were raised as San’layn, they were still fairly loyal to him. I mean, they did fight for and die for him at the time. However, given what all Kael’thas did, I’m curious how the San’layn would feel about him in general after learning about his actions.

It’s a reason why I feel like Kael’thas’ redemption can’t really be a thing just because some psuedo party vampires yell at him and then decide if he’s totally good now. If he came back as a San’layn, I feel like he’d have to work to gather the other San’layn’s trust, who could have some resentment towards him. Both for his betrayal of his people and also for his followers dying in battle and become what they are because of him, although thinking on that second part, can Kael’thas be blamed for it? I need to look at the details of the death of his followers again to remember what exactly happened.

It’s unclear what will happen with Kael’thas after Shadowlands. This is just moreso me speculating some as a possibility of what to work with when thinking about playable Horde San’layn. As I said before, there is plenty you could do with them and have it be pretty interesting. :wine_glass::bat:

5 Likes

I got a new job and my back hurts, but anyways give me vampire blood elves

7 Likes

Grats and aww!

Also I saw you in game! (I never see anyone when I’m on Draenor server so I was especially excited)

San’layn for the Horde!

7 Likes

Now that’s what I’m talking about!

6 Likes

I saw you too! I did a /smile

1 Like

I never see anyone either ):

Only Lance and Somand but thats bcz we were questing together on alts lol

1 Like

I’m still waiting to run into you and well other people I really like because I’ve only ever ran into Fey, lol. :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I don’t think I ran into anyone back when I played, but I’m on a roleplay server and typically in cities or at my guild base. If I was at my guild base, people would need to go out of their way to find me. We were in open world though. It was my “City of Monsters” guild. Good times. Hopefully we’ll get the playable monsters someday.

2 Likes

Not gonna lie, I would totally go out of my way to find you if I thought I could just because then I could be like oh my gosh it’s Fall and then after I’d get really shy because that’s my personality but then it would be back to normal. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

3 Likes

If I had seen your ff apartment I’d have run into you in that game but idk if that counts I never saw it by the way omg sad

I redecorated my swtor apartment for Halloween just bcz and it’s F2P to log in so I just did that super fast, I only had so many themed decorations or I’d have done his other house but I imagine his main residence to be in the capital lol

2 Likes

It still makes me so shocked because I was on Proudmoore for so long and still live my best alliance life when I play alliance which isn’t my favorite but it’s cute I like the beat sort of in a it’s off key way

1 Like

I LOVE my FFXIV apartment :heart_eyes: I’d love to show it sometime if you ever do hop back into the game. Housing is just something SO MUCH FUN and I’ve been saving up money in the game for an actual house too. We shall see how that goes.

Aww that’s so sweet! Haha I’d probably be roleplaying and a bunch of stuff would be going in /say or emote. I used to multibox roleplay as well, that is, playing 2 characters at once, since my typing speed is so fast. I don’t think Blizzard realizes just how much the game means to roleplayers. We always get the short end of the stick, screamed at by elitists for not being ‘real gamers’, and what have you. We just want to tell stories and have fun.

6 Likes

Or screamed at by people when you mention how objectively bad the writing and lore is now.

3 Likes

Brownie points to the artist cause he used the new Belf “tiara” style without the tiara -I insist, it looks best without it-.

I´m quite certain I´ll never cross paths with any of you in the open world, maybe on a raid pug or dungeon pug (I mean, I belong to the obscure dwellings that are the LATAM realms).

Tbqh, it´s like an epidemic that trascended the gaming industry since like 2019 or before… GoT final season comes to mind for example.

4 Likes

Oh you are not kidding. I hope this trend ends soon because I hate it.

2 Likes

We all kinda do. I guess Danuser didn´t read the reviews regarding the public acceptance on Daenery´s ending arc for GoT considering he shamelessly poached it for the WoT can of worms.

3 Likes

Tabletop roleplayers are the OG gamers though so the claim that roleplayers aren’t real gamers makes no sense

5 Likes