San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed} (Part 1)

Oh I think I remember that. Yes something like that then they added orc masks and stuff.
But lorewise we were getting hints before in wotlk! Like right now they hint at bards and I am seeing an unusual amount of tuskarr in the shadowlands. (hoping for them). I hope they use Kael’thas with the san’layn on horde and connecting with the dark rangers/undead elves on the forsaken.

2 Likes

Yeah for sure! Hm, not sure if I will have vampire art to share by then. But who knows, I might! If I do, I will share it. If not, I’ll likely nab some with sources to share with you folks. I ran an in-game event years ago (Think it was Hallow’layn) with some screenshots I shared a while ago. It was fun, we got some good shots.

Yeah, with the Transmorpher beacon, that would make it cool. I really do hate how you can’t choose which boss to shift into, or even like… the expansion you’d like to select. Would have been perfect for events like that, I feel, if there was to be one someday for San’layn support.

Oh well. I’m sure there will be cool vampire designs popping up now that we’re closer to Halloween. The entire month of October, after all, is spooky month.

It’d be a good idea if Blizzard, on Halloween, announced playable San’layn. Just saying. :bat:

Edit: I really hope someday Blizzard starts adding in things for the holidays more. They do pets but it’s be cool if there was more variety, you know? Maybe a title one year, maybe a mount (could even be a recolor). FFXIV does it and I like that a lot.

8 Likes

Would be nice to get like a pumkin chariot mount. That broom.mount could have different versions as refular all year long mounts (with the cast time so there isn’t an excuse to add them). A wicker golem mount be cool though and a on fire version that can be like the burning man stuff in undercity.

5 Likes

This makes no sense. Is asking for random customizations about a race not affiliated with the horde for the sake of it. Wouldn’t even work with Belves and the holy features they have as these obviously wouldn’t be mutually exclusive. Not even talking about paladins.

I think most would prefer an AR.

Failing that customization is all one can hope for.

It’s fine if you’re not interested just don’t play them.

6 Likes

Ah yes, a pumpkin chariot would be pretty cool. I wonder what it would be drawn by. (The pumpkin vine pets, but bigger, perhaps?)

One could hope! As much as I dislike Shadowlands, it does have some pretty cool mounts, especially the new bat model. Said mount would be awesome for a San’layn character.

6 Likes

San’layn still aren’t Horde and don’t have modern NPC (or even past) presence past Dreven betraying the Forsaken.

San’layn riding on Sinrunners!

The Horde finally gets some horses. :stuck_out_tongue:

(I’m mostly kidding)

8 Likes

I believe Blanchy can fly now (spelling?) so that’s cool, I mean why not :rofl:

I do like winged horses a lot. Would love an updated version of Invincible, for example. Imagine a horse with bat wings? That would be pretty neat.

Oooh like this one, I like that.

Huh, invincible looks different than the in-game mount. We do have a few ghost horses but not ones that look quite like this.

Speaking of horde horses, I really wish forsaken racial models got updates so badly. Well, all racial mounts for core races need a MAJOR update. They look terrible compared to the newer models. Would be nice to have a complete overhaul of all of that, and old sets even, but people are so stuck in the past I doubt it will happen. It’s a shame.

11 Likes

Yeah Ok. I’m sold on this one. lol

4 Likes

I would like some vampire chocobos (hawkstriders) myself. But I do wonder what a san’layn mount would be. I think a racial mount that flies would be better for them then just one that is grounded like most allied races. Unless it is the undead hawkstrider. Maybe with red anima eyes.

4 Likes

Blizzard gave us void elves a starcursed hawkstrider so I could see that happening.

As much as I love the starcursed hawkstrider I’d hope they’d put more effort into it for San’layn. That feels too easy to me. lol

1 Like

I know you are trolling but void elves literally didn’t exit before they were released. Alleria was like the first one and recruited some elves we never heard about before… wheras San’layn have been part of the horde (via a trial), shown they are interested, and still have remaining forces, and Lana’thel’s soul is still with the Jailer. There is story room in there for a recruitment scenario for them as an allied race with Kael’thas redeeming himself doing it. He identifies still with the blood elves. And the Venthyr are very connected to the Nathrezim which seems the san’layn were magical replacements for when the lich king raised them. They also would have close relations to the blood elves, the Illadari - most blood elves in the illadari were followers of Kael’thas, the current forsaken, the dark rangers still in the forsaken.

Compare that to the void elves that were made on the spot, San’layn would be a much better fit on the horde. And they have already put work in the story to make it plausible. The alliance killed the san’layn in bfa… but like we still see plenty of things we killed in reality in shadowlands. We already saw the Jailer rez the formely defeated scourge forces in the prepatch, lana’thel was one of them.

2 Likes

I personally like the edgy chocobo models. The alliance got blessed with that hawkstrider, I wouldn’t mind one with black magic, and san’layn colors, and glowing red eyes, and blood dripping down the beak :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I dunno I personally really hate the hawkstriders myself. I might like them better if they got updated but they look extremely derpy to me. I’ll admit I’d never be caught in public with one, I’ll just use my bats xD I maybe like the PvP violent one but even then I just can’t really… vibe with the giant chickens. Which is odd because I like FFXIV chocobos.

I really think the issue is lack of update to the model because the bald-strider updates actually made them look halfway decent and I thought that was impossible.

1 Like

I don’t mean to give the wrong impression. I like my Starcursed Hawkstriders very much.

Just feel like San’layn could have something with more oomph. (Despite my horse joke earlier)

3 Likes

I personally liked them since wotlk since they reminded of chocobos! I only suggest this because they all have ground mounts. The next thing would be a dragonhawk or bat that makes sense. I also wouldn’t mind that. But it seems all races start of with a ground mount version. The flying versions would come anyway. I personally would like an anima golem/gargoyle mount.

3 Likes

San’layn customizations for the Void Elves.

That’s the weird thing, I like chocobos from FFXIV so you would think I’d like hawkstriders but I really do think it’s just the lack of updates. I think if they got some love in the update department I would like them a lot more.

Edit: Of course I can customize my chocobo so that’s also a thing. I wish WoW had something like that.

4 Likes

I was thinking they use the modern version with some blood elf insignias, san’layn colors, and then add the san’layn racial insignia.

Maybe work the armor to look more batty with the wing blades.

https://nexuscompendium.com/images/skin/sylvanas-darklady/sanlayn.jpg
We see the heroes of the storm make some armor based on san’layn stuff. So those colour palettes would work.

A lynx would work (from there starting zone?)

I would like an a gargoyle anima golem, the shape could be inspired by something the blood elves like.

I found this cute picture of a gargoyle cat thing. Maybe something like that lol.

4 Likes