San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed} (Part 1)

Yeah, and by all means, people are free to start a “San’layn for the Alliance Megathread”. No one is stopping them. I’m sure the thread would be as detailed and well thought out as mine, because it wouldn’t be made out of spite at all. I’m also sure it’ll garner enough support from the alliance playerbase and not get backlash at all. I’m wondering why that isn’t a thing yet, considering this thread supports San’layn for the Horde (or neutral if they reduce the faction barrier stuff). After all, no one is stopping them.
Strange times.

Some people don’t like the Alliance. Some people don’t like the Horde. I find the Alliance pretty boring. I guess I’m a totally evil and nonsensical person for that. :woman_shrugging:

Then again, I don’t like the faction barrier to begin with.

6 Likes

Female Void Elf Options:

• Hair Color Options: 8 unique options, 20 total options
  • Skin Color Options: 6 unique options, 16 total options
  • Face Options: 8 unique options due to void skin, 18 total options
  • Toggle Options: Tentacles on all hairstyles

Female Blood Elf Options:

• Hair Color Options: 8 unique options, 16 total options
  • Skin Color Options: 0 unique options, 14 total options
  • Face Options: 0 unique options, 10 total options
  • Toggle Options: None

I will give Blood Elves this; their female avatars have multiple jewelry options (3 necklaces, 3 bracelets, 3 armbands, and 14 earrings in two colors: Gold and silver).

Male Void Elf Options:

• Hair Color Options: 8 unique options, 20 total options
  • Facial Hair Options: 8 options total, an array of beards and goatees
  • Skin Color Options: 6 unique options, 16 total options
  • Face Options: 8 unique options due to void skin, 18 total options
  • Toggle Options: Tentacles on all hairstyles

Male Blood Elf Unique Options:

• Hair Color Options: 8 unique options, 16 total options
  • Facial Hair Options: 13 options total, but only 3 full beards
  • Skin Color Options: 0 unique options, 14 total options
  • Face Options: 0 unique options, 10 total options
  • Toggle Options: None

Using these options, that means that Void Elves have 6 more total skin options than Blood Elves with 8 being completely unique to them, they have more facial options due to the dynamic of void-tinted faces having a more “makeup” or “withered” effect, and they have most of the Blood Elf basic hair colors with their own unique colors.

Void Elf Hair Texture: AKA, way better than Blood Elf hair texture

Here are some examples of how textured Void Elf hair is compared to Blood Elves. It was clear that Blood Elf hair was used as a base, but then layers and length were added for female Void Elves. Blood Elf hair looks like cardboard in comparison.

Imgur

Void Elves can look like Blood Elves…

Imgur

But this is what happens when Blood Elves try to look like Void Elves…

Imgur

(The above image showing that Void Elves can look exactly like Blood Elves with a few minor differences, but Blood Elves have no opportunity to look similar to Void Elves with the current hair and skin options)

Void Elves have two subraces, whereas Blood Elves have none. And Blood Elves are the core race. So what would remedy this?

• Adding a Dark Ranger / San’layn sub-race for Blood Elves. Red eyes, undead skin tones, potential unique hairstyles.
  • Adding more differences to make Blood Elves stand out, such as Farstrider tattoos, feathers, and runic scars.
  • Enhancing current Blood Elf hairstyles. I am not asking for a copy of the Void Elf ones, but something with similar quality would be nice.
  • Adding more jewelry toggles to hair (the TIARA one as an example) because Void Elves have tentacle toggles.

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Thanks for coming to my TED talk. There may be minor mistakes in here because I’m tired and will fix in the morning.

15 Likes

This is the longest post I have ever seen from you but I liked seeing it and reading it because it’s well detailed so good job dearie. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

4 Likes

Would love for felblood customization! And some of that is sort of already with the blood elf demonhunter stuff (like the demon skin). The illidari had tons of felblood that could join the horde like the demonhunters did, it’s weird how only the demon hunters joined? And not the other classes in the illidari.

8 Likes

Oooh nice, I appreciate this informative post! Love the subrace option the most, naturally :smiley: slaps fang/claw options onto there secretly Hehehe. But yeah, ugh, don’t get me started on the hair issue. I really wish blood elves had more whispy, beautiful hair that flows… as of right now, it just… argh.

6 Likes

I think felbloods being added would be the only thing that wouldn’t make me as sad to never see San’layn, to be honest. It’s a HUGE surprise I never tried running a felblood thread, but I feel those are a bit more of a longshot. But yeah, I really adore felblood elves, and I am so sad that they kinda… never became a thing.

4 Likes

I agree. We don’t even have physics with a lot of our hair :upside_down_face:

Yesss those are amazing! I support.

Thanks. I was getting fed up :joy::heart:

6 Likes

I like the demonhunter red skin skin : / sad my other elves can’t use that. The demon scales are awesome. Hopefully one day we get some bat wing transmog, but my demonhunter has the tattered wings. Blood elves have tons of fantasies they can go for their fantasies in the future, I hope blizzard explores death (san’layn/undead) and the fel (felbood and some varying degrees of corruption for felblood, some lightly corrupted to heavily felled up).

Either way I hope blizzard does invest in a subrace system since they seem not to keen on making allied races of similar races (as we saw with wildhammer). It would be better overall if we could just switch out of bodytypes/fantasies at the barber. Much like having skins in other games. If we like the skin a bunch we’d rarely ever change out, and it gives folks good tools to rp with as the expansions go on.

8 Likes

I just noticed, this thread is almost at 500 likes! I know that’s kinda a minor thing to laugh about but still. Small victories :slight_smile:

Edit: Throwback to the time where apparently me liking vampires that aren’t nosferatu made me some sort of ‘ruiner of vampires’… when said person being rude had supported up the idea up to the point of asking about the books I wrote, then took a drastic change. After supporting these ideas. It’s certainly whiplash. Glad they’re gone.

Wonder if they’re the 1* rating without a review on said book.

Doesn’t matter in the end, because others that matter tend to enjoy it.

“No one gives San’layn players a hard time” yeah, okay :stuck_out_tongue: :bat:

9 Likes

Found of my old San’layn list from way back. Figured they would be worth a look over.

My list used to be a lot longer winded back when we where requesting entire races, hopefully they can adapt some of this stuff to Blood Elves soon. If not make them their own Race if Allied Races ever happen again.

10 Likes

gave the OP a like to head toward your 500 :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Thanks everyone, you rock ^^ love the suggestions too. Really hope the thread is looked into. I’m also not opposed to neutral, want to mention that. You know how blizzard is though. Stuck on factions!

8 Likes

nightborne even now still does not have hands and hair with mana effect like the npcs !!

Wow! When I saw so many new posts on this thread I thought “It must be because a band of trolls decided to post.” Glad to see I was wrong.

8 Likes

Looks like we’re 10 days away from the 3 year anniversary of this megathread at the time of this post, if I understand the creation date correctly. We’re still going strong! :muscle:

Not only that, but October is coming up, which is a favorite month of mine and fitting for San’layn stuff. It feels like there is quite a bit to celebrate in general, in and out of WoW, so it feels really exciting! :vampire:

I’ll still help continue to march for support for playable Horde San’layn as best as I can. Hopefully, it won’t be several years before we see it become a reality! :wine_glass::bat:

13 Likes

Let’s hope San’layn happens as expeditiously as possible.

9 Likes

Would be nice to at least get some Hallow’s end disguises for san’layn. We need more hallow’s end disguise toys like

Alternatively it would be nice if 9.1.5 allowed us to pick the disguise we want with this toy!

5 Likes

Oddly enough, that’s where worgen came from.

1 Like

I am not familiar with this story if you care to elaborate! I know the worgen have existed since classic. And they set up hints at them being a playable race in wotlk in that one zone. Do tell.

1 Like

The first hints that Worgen being playable was when they added Hallow’s End mask for all playable races but there where also Worgen and Goblin mask with much more detailed faces then the NPCs had.

They tried to cover it all up by adding more NPC races but the beans where spilled by then.

3 Likes