San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed} (Part 1)

Racial Customizations would be a good thing in general.

Some of them look… Bad.

1 Like

Agreed so much here. And that’s the thing, it’s all I want, really. I want them to reply to people talking about this stuff, in general, so it’s a frustration aimed toward them. They did say in that thread that they are looking at those suggestions, though, so I have hope. It’s also why I started discussing these matters again while not really playing the game.

Also, I’m out of likes, sorry folks D:

So I’m becoming a broken record but the reason why I slap the ‘troll’ label on those now saying ‘san’layn belong on the alliance’ (Which is a really laughable notion) is because it arose, as these same people admitted, out of spite. “Give the Alliance something the horde has been asking for to compensate” is something I’ve seen thrown around by a very small margin of Alliance players, and it’s aimed at something I, and my community, have suggested for years.

San’layn belong Horde. I don’t care about people whining ‘gatekeeping’ or anything. Void elves have their void theme, and they can be high elves too. I’m not going to tell people to stop asking for ‘xyz’ either, and I never was against high elves to begin with, even if they don’t appeal to me personally.

So why suddenly this place is being dragged into that nonsense, when in reality many against high elves also weren’t interested in San’layn Horde, I’m not sure. Something to take their anger out on, or something? I don’t know, but it is as nonsense as ‘lightforged undead’ to me personally.

San’layn are an undead entity, which are accepted in the Horde through dark rangers (unplayable) and forsaken (playable). Undead only are DKs on the Alliance, and even then, really don’t fit/are scorned. The San’layn seeked to join the Horde in BfA, and should try again now that the dust has settled. Dreven messed up big time, but that story was so shoehorned and left more questions than answers that we don’t know.

But people seem to forget that the Alliance actively wiped many of them out in BfA. “Oh but the horde betrayed them” …where? There was no outcome other than some San’layn died on a ship. That’s it. “But they ate people!” You mean like how the forsaken eat people literally all the time? And how one person doing something = / = the entire race doing it?

There was no satisfying outcome to the BfA debacle, but one thing is clear: The San’layn do not fit on the Alliance. The Alliance tried to wipe them out. People headcanon that they succeeded.

And, finally, ‘goth’ isn’t a theme. ‘Void’ is. Void elves take that. If ‘the alliance reserve goth themes’, then I suppose Horde shouldn’t have forsaken…

…Oh wait! WE DO! Because goth isn’t a theme!

11 Likes

Yes it’s one of the things I love about the zandalari and the vulpera. Being able to change the racials would be good for all the races. And the ones with multiple identities tied to it like the maghar or trolls/dwarves would benefit from the extra flavor. It doesn’t need to be major changes either but it would enhance the personal experience of each player. I prefer to use the gonk racial on my trolls for the movement speed, and being able to change to other loas is nice, I like the Akunda racial myself but I find that the movement speed helps in most situations while I do sacrifice potential dps/ from not taking the crit racial. But then again that 5% movement speed can save me from dying sometimes!

4 Likes

I rather like that idea… also several others I’ve seen.

If San’layn don’t have a leech racial I’d riot…

2 Likes

Yea I would like a leech stat increase racial. But like the undead leech proc, doesn’t feel so good in comparison for example. Forsaken racials could use a look at.

2 Likes

Let ALL races be goth if they want!

6 Likes

Extremely not sorry, but I want my vampires to better fit the usual classical aesthetic:

San’layn joining up with Gilneans with a mutual hatred of the Forsaken because of them rejecting a different clutch due to Dreven’s betrayal would be an amazing modern twist on vampires and werewolves, especially when the trope’s already covered by existing forsaken.

And frankly, on MG-A, I’ve already seen that being embraced by people.

San’layn aren’t Horde.
They can go either faction.
Do Alliance quests.

Subrace for Void Elves.

Agreed so much. They should definitely have that. Perhaps a bite racial too, though that’d require an animation. Still! Cool thought, if they want to put the work in.

Fine by me, the Alliance doesn’t ‘reserve’ it with void elves that have out-of-the-‘blue’ lore and that many don’t even like to the point where non-void-customization is asked for at a higher degree. I’m all for different styles for sure on multiple.

All in all, San’layn should go Horde, and I’m getting more confident we might actually get them on Horde sometime soon, if Blizzard is actually listening to the communities asking for it.

10 Likes

I agree.

Really can’t see any sensible reason they would go Alliance. We literally are the reason they didn’t get to join the Horde in BFA.

Regardless San’layn theme isn’t “goth” it’s vampire.

Void elves theme isn’t “goth” it’s void.

12 Likes

Void Elves have a subrace now. It’s time for Dark Rangers on the Horde.

13 Likes

After the joke that is Void Elves I would back any other playable race including Taunka. I mean, we had like 1 questline with void elves and all the sudden they matter enough to add them as a race xD

2 Likes

Also… told you folks so. Legit, it’s spite as to why certain people are asking for San’layn on the Alliance. That’s all that it is. There is no passion backing it, there is no real reason other than “I’m going to spite the Horde even though the Alliance got a huge request they wanted in the end.”

It’s utterly ridiculous, and I’m not going to sit here and pretend it’s being argued in good conscious when in reality, it’s spite, spite, and more spite.

15 Likes

Gross they are one of the few people I have on ignore but I can still see what they posted because you reposted it. :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting:

3 Likes

I have them on ignore too, but people are quoting it so I can see it as well, and I happened to.

Not to mention in another thread someone is bringing up a fight that ended last night and once again trying to paint me as some evil person, ignoring practically everything I said when I explained I dislike the LORE of things, and just…

It boggles my mind why I’m not allowed to find things boring or have my own opinions, which I make clear every single time, and yet people jump on me and call me: “Stupid”, “unable to read”, “hypocritical”, et cetra when I literally explain over…and over… and over… and over again…

That when I make my statements about something being ‘boring’, I am talking about lore.

I am so tired of repeating myself and having people on these forums try and twist me into something I’m not.

4 Likes

That poster has on two occasions said they were doing this only for spite.

Just a troll. Best to ignore them.

9 Likes

You’re so right, and I need to stop being baited on a regular basis. It happens too much :stuck_out_tongue: people know how to push my buttons. It’s why I use the ignore function, but I broke my good habits as of recent because of it being brought up in this thread again, and I HATE people talking behind my back in threads/bringing up things that were moved on from while I can’t say anything.

But, well. Most on these forums know how I am, I don’t hide behind anything, alts, et cetra. I’m very, very forward with my thoughts and opinions. So. I’ll let people who matter judge me, like you folks who are kind ^^

Edit: Also I enjoy the ‘gotcha’ moments too much :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Crazy, I didn’t know it worked like that but I learned something new. :yum: :yum: :yum:

I always tell people that try to come at me that other people can see what I say because they literally can read my posts and see my post history because unlike a lot of other people I don’t hide mine so don’t let it get to you because you are the same way where other people can see what you post, actually everyone is, lol.

3 Likes

Oh true, yeah I don’t hide at all, everything and all that I said is there. People twist things and say I “edit”, but in reality I add “EDIT” and then what I add, or clarify a point someone is trying to twist. I don’t change my stance, I explain myself more for those who apparently can’t get it.

But yeah those who quote an ignore person, any part of their statement, you can see it.

Fun fact: If you’re following a thread, or start one and remain following it, and someone you ignored replies to it, you won’t get a notification. You will, however, see it pop up in “recent/recommended” threads, indicating that someone on ignore likely posted in there.

Edit: Sorry, it’s ‘suggested topics’

5 Likes

It’s weird how I never noticed either of those things but I don’t have a lot of people on ignore only a few that are very intense bad troll types and that I just don’t want to see their posts ever again but thank you for the insight, it’s always nice to learn new things. :wink: :wink: :wink:

3 Likes

Yea that poster said he was mad at the horde for ever getting blood elves because people in the past couldn’t get there girlfriends to play those races. They are just doing it to spite people. Better off just ignoring that person since apparently they have grudges. And are taking it out on some threads.

5 Likes