San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed} (Part 1)

Huh, that’s an odd bug with the Maldraxxi one.

I’ve gone Night Fae on my DHs, The Hunt is waaaaaay too much fun.

Dreamweaver: so what brings a fel infused soul eating mortal to Ardeanweald?

Razhe: holds up answering machine You. Have. Six. Hundred. Fifty. Two. Unheard. Messages.

Illidan: hey, how’s my favourite Slayer doing? click
Illidan: Tyrande hasn’t said anything about me has she? click
Illidan: Everything okay down there? Eonar is acting really odd up here. click
Illidan: is Tyrande okay? click
Illidan: how’s my idiot brother? click
Illidan: no seriously, is Tyrande okay? click
Illidan: WTF is an Anima? click

Dreamweaver: I get the point.

5 Likes

Yeah I hate that myself, personally >< I don’t know what the deal is, but it’s frustrating. Beyond my gripe about them only caring about hardcore, indeed, it seems like classes just… yeah. Like I mained blood DK but even when I was active, it felt off. M+ isn’t that fun for me, but I did it a tiny bit (by no means got to high keys though) to try it and climb when I actually cared.

OOPS :stuck_out_tongue: But there are rumors that there will be a continuation in that world, but with different characters.

Going momento are we? :stuck_out_tongue: I think that’s the right reference (it’s a really interesting movie in a diff format)

Fair, I actually primarily watch things for family like How to Train your Dragon or Road to El Dorado. Though I do like blood on screen when it comes to adult animation like Casltevania, plus it does depict vampires as both beautiful & brutal.

5 Likes

This exactly.

I like when shows/series do that. It is just more lore to help define the world it is placed in. Very cool but rarely done. Hope they contiune to impress you. :wink:

Never saw that movie. I actually was just thinking backwards for a momento, um, moment. :laughing:

I think Pixar is good and I enjoy family films but for what I consider a graphic anime it should definitely be R rated with blood and adult stuff. None of this Disney BS. Disney just ruins everything imo. I really do not like Disney much if you couldn’t tell. :smirk:

3 Likes

Yeah, you’re basically getting a trial run so when you hit 60 you have a better idea of which you wanna pick more permanently.
It’s just odd that we’re this far in and the demon hunter has an ability that does nothing. That’s even after a redesign apparently.

That’d be a real weird choice.

I spend so much time just wandering around and with all the modding, there’s so much you can do, fix, or change. There’s people rebuilding Morrowind and Oblivion in the Skyrim engine, as well as others attempting to create all the other provinces outside skyrim including the ones in Oblivion and Morrowind but correct to the time that Skyrim takes place. It’s nuts.
My old save wouldn’t work after migrating hard drives, so I upgraded to the Special Edition and went back to installing the crap ton of mods I have.

I quite enjoyed it as well. Had a pretty good ending. Bit bummed that’s all but I guess I’ll just have to check out some of the other shows now.

Not to mention the language :stuck_out_tongue: fair bit of it as well :wink:

Definitely not for children haha. It’s quite violent and lots of F-bombs.

Oooooh…that’d be great.

6 Likes

That show has been popping up on my Youtube recommended with clips of it recently a ton. I’ve been meaning to check that out.

5 Likes

I had been thinking some on personality for San’layn. I like the sorrow in their backstory, but I’ve been liking the idea of being proud in a sense.

San’layn were suppose to be some of the best of Silvermoon that followed Kael’thas. Sure, they did wind up dying to Arthas, but in a sense, I could see them standing proud in the fact that not even death stopped them, having broken free of being slaves to the Lich King. The idea that they are in a world that despises them, and yet they still prevail. Something about that seems very fitting in terms of character.

It’s still fitting for them being in the Horde, of course. They’re in a similar boat that the Forsaken were in, and likely to be hunted as monsters by the Alliance and such. But while there is some depressing backstory, it’s more something they would just be more likely to be more proud of being Darkfallen than just moping around. Not to mention taking what was the Scourge’s creation, their being San’layn in this case, and making it their own and doing as they see fit with the bells and whistles that come with being a San’layn. Not something unapologetic or ambitious in a mustache-twirling sense, but more of being able to stand on both feet in the face of beings set on their own destruction.

Mourning and yearning for former lives I can see being there still, albeit done in private and also depending on each specific San’layn. Otherwise, I’d see them not showing it out in the open so as to not appear weak. In some ways, I can see them being snarky in a friendly way to friends (and in worse ways to enemies) as a way of offsetting their internal feelings.

Just some thoughts I had recently I wanted to share. :wine_glass::bat:

7 Likes

Logs into WoW

Checks character creation menu

Sees no San’layn

:slightly_frowning_face:

Please fix Blizzard

11 Likes

I’m re-reading Illidan and I always forget that a group of the BE’s that were under Kael’thas became the Scryers. If it was me I would interact with those BE’s and see if they have that proud sense to them. I haven’t done TBC content in awhile so can’t remember their attitude/demeanor. Just an idea.

3 Likes

I’d like to think we’re past this point…why would we really view anyone as monsters anymore? We have our own monsters on our faction.
We constantly work and fight alongside other monsters.
It’s high time they’re all treated as more than monsters! They’re people darnit! :smiley:

With the Forsaken, Dark Rangers, and San’layn…seems like a nice storyline could be developed to build upon all of those as a bit of an undead faction/group within the horde.
They all need development and have a bit in common.
Banding together, they could all work to carve out their homes together.

5 Likes

O.K. so I have been re-reading Illidan, like I said in an earlier post, and have been checking up on characters in the novel. I remember Vashj was in Maldraxxus and Kael’thas was in Revendreth (?). Some of the Blood Elves that were with Kael’thas went to Shattrah and became the Scryers.

And as I was looking these characters up I came across the word “retconned” and was hoping it would show me what was retconned. It didn’t but it did lead me to an interesting quote from Metzen.

• “A lot of times… depending on when one thing gets started during another, we happen to be in the middle of the game, or doing the manga thing for instance or this comic series specifically, we try to engineer as much inner play as possible. Like characters in the manga series showing up in Netherstorm and we are doing stuff like that, so we want to make everything feels as continuity friendly and as integrated as possible. Cuz that would make it cool as if all its moving, right.” - Chris Metzen

If only Blizz kept to that we could have San’layn because the WoW TCG had a Blood Lord named Vorath that is unaccounted for. Integrate the TCG and we are golden. Not to mention the two princes that were in Silverpine Forest that are still unaccounted for also.

Unfortunately I thought I read that the TCG wasn’t canon so that ruins it. :frowning: It was a neat idea while I ran with it.

Another interesting thing I found was that originally the Blood Elves was a name given only to the elves that followed Kael’thas to Outland in WC3: The Frozen Throne. But in subsequent works most of the Blood Elves did not follow the prince. I have to say that I actually prefer the BE’s be the elves that followed Kael’thas. It would make a far better story imo.

5 Likes

I still think it’d be fun if a group of San’layn slipped into Silvermoon one night and went on a biting spree.
Vampirism runs rampant in Silvermoon! Citizens waking this morn to find puncture marks on their necks, what could this mean!?

Let’s make that name more fitting!
:joy:

7 Likes

So I’ve been playing ESO recently and so far am enjoying it. I’ve also been checking out the cinematics, which I’ve seen but that was quite a while ago. But I ran across an interesting one that had a suggested San’layn racial . . . turning into bats @2:02 mark.

The Elder Scrolls Online: Greymoor - Official Cinematic Trailer - YouTube

Unfortunately from what I can tell the skill you get that comes closest is turning into mist. :frowning: They had a skill called bat swarm that had bats that swarmed around you, dealt damage to enemies near you and allowed you to teleport to an enemy.

5 Likes

I do hope, if we ever get San’layn through cosmetics or AR, that we get some form of cloud of bats or bat-turning racial. Even if we have to get it through venthyr stuff. At least we’d have San’layn as playable at that point and could take powers. Heck, cosmetic powers would make Shadowlands more interesting if it was permanent. Or vampire options in general earnable for various races. Not happening, but one can dream. It would also mean expanding the vampyr curse lore. Something that’s intrigued me since Legion Vampirates.

5 Likes

why ask for things you know you’ll never get. your customization got ignored in an expansion exploring the roots of the magic behind san’layn. it’s not happening.

1 Like

On the off chance that we do get customization or an Allied Race for San’layn. At least we can say we tried as opposed to sitting down and saying ‘we’ll never get this’. I personally disagree with this sentiment and feel there is a chance to get them someday.

We won’t ever get anything if we don’t at least try, hence the continued discussion here. You can feel free to believe it won’t happen. You might also be right.

But that, again, won’t stop those of us who want it from talking about it and sharing our ideas, because there’s a chance it can always be heard. Until it’s a flat out ‘never happening’ from the devs, the best we can do is try.

Edit: I try to also give the highest quality ideas I can for this, and if people disagree that I did well, that’s also fine. They can disagree with me, find my ideas terrible, and find my wants trash. All fine. So long as someone doesn’t insult me personally, though, or make incorrect claims/slander me, in which case that no longer is fine.

8 Likes

Actually this may not be fully true. Shadowlands was an expansion that was delayed, the only other expansion that didn’t have real significant things regarding races or at least a class is WoD which was also a wreck and pretty unfinished. It’s more likely that blizzard was rushing to finish the zones, the encounters and the main content of the expansion. It happens all the time, in a delayed expansion one can assume that perhaps some idea’s they were going to implement got scrapped, just like how customization may have been scrapped due to focus on finishing other things. In the rushed mess that is shadowlands, no customizations or AR isn’t really indicative of if a AR or customization set will never happen.

4 Likes

sounds like a big case of trying to cope and lie to yourselves but alright.

1 Like

No more elves, thanks.

1 Like

I personally disagree with the idea of “no more elves” or “no more elves getting anything” and will leave it at that. I also support various and many ideas for other races as well. Those that do not want more ‘elf’ stuff, that’s fine. I respectfully disagree. I also respectfully disagree that I should not express what I want added to the game.

To each their own.

6 Likes

So weird how people act like there are a ton of elves horde side when there are only two playable elf options on the horde NB and Belf. The same as orcs btw, Orc and Mag’har.

6 Likes