San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed} (Part 1)

I would prefer both on horde! Maybe something like in Legion how we got 4 allied races at once. Naga is one of my most wanted races, as I really want something aquatic/ and reptiian. I am a fan of gilblins. If I had to use my orb of deception on a san’layn toon, I would hope the racial pairing is good and suits the alliance, such as the Slyvar, Vorkals, dryads would be a nice pairing as they would look like an enhanced night elf for example, something to contrast the enhanced blood elf.

Although now that I think about it maybe naga and dryads would be a nice racial pairing.

4 Likes

Don’t mind me i’m Just the obligatory comment that IS asking for Forest trolls since vanilla

4 Likes

I’d kinda like Naga on the Horde, personally. Would be great to get the blood elves and naga together for that WC3 nostalgia.

3 Likes

Makes sense! Admittedly I’m not that interested in Naga and most likely wouldn’t play one (just a preference thing) so I’ll leave it to those who are interested in them to speak on it more :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Yeah, they wouldn’t even have to fully dissolve even, but float on it like Priest’s Levitate or Monk’s Zen Flight.

5 Likes

Spoiler. Spoiler

Spoiler.

Spoiler.

Blood Queen Lanathel’s soul is in the Maw as it’s apparently confirmed in the latest PTR build that being killed by Frostmourne damns you to the Maw.

`https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E0LeoKbVcAE8PNp?format=jpg&name=large

7 Likes

Interesting find, though if being killed by Frostmourne does condemn you to the Maw, how do they explain Uther’s spirit in that one dungeon while Uther also being in Bastion since his death?

Also for some beings like Lanathel, would dying make her appear as her original self? Or is her San’layn form a different entity now? Or something completely different? Would this also apply to others who turned into undead beings and died?

I feel like my head hurts thinking about it. x- x;

5 Likes

Well, at least they remembered the Blood Queen. Not sure if it’ll make much of a difference unfortunately, I saw it and got super excited until I realized I don’t know if it’ll lead to anything, since it’s just a soul sitting there. Still, we might get some more info about what in the world was going on with prepatch. I suspect the Mawsworn were raising the scourge entities by plucking these souls up again and again.

5 Likes

Makes me wonder if the third Blood Prince that didn’t show up may be elsewhere in the Maw, as I assume they’re still in the afterlife somewhere. If we do end up going back to Northrend again during this expansion, I’d hope that any San’layn wouldn’t just be risen to fight for the Mawsworn brainlessly or something.

Not to mention that we still have at least two other Blood Princes who have disappeared, and possibly other unknown San’layn royalty. Would be great if we got San’layn assistance to the Horde so the Darkfallen wouldn’t be slaves again, whether it’s to the Lich King, Mawsworn, or otherwise.

Oh well. I’ll still keep some hope. :wine_glass::bat:

5 Likes

Yeah, the fact that “The Blood Queen” does show up is very good and interesting. It’s another sliver of ‘hey so San’layn still are at least on their minds somewhat’.

Now the question is: Where will this lead? Does this belong to a questline, will we actually be able to speak with these souls? The image in the bottom right corner does make it look like a questline, yeah.

I…just hope it isn’t a questline to slay them. :frowning:

Edit: Looking into that image, though, I don’t think it would? There really does seem to be a HEAVY mixture chilling there. Big hm.

7 Likes

It’s part of the Kyrian 9.1 campaign.

3 Likes

Makes sense, since I won’t be touching Kyrian even with a thousand mile rod, I’ll rely upon spoilers from here and wowhead :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I recall the rumors of Frostmourne cleaving a soul into two, mostly to explain why we had two Uther spirits with different personalities. If that is true, I wonder if there would be two spirits of some of the Scourge and beings like the San’layn, where you have someone like Lanathel as she was originally and her Scourge Darkfallen form she was in. Granted, this doesn’t explain Uther still, or possibly others like Sylvanas.

I still want to think that the San’layn in the living world got their free will at some point and became more how they were before. Still, it’s something to think about, and darned if I don’t have hope of some kind for this leading to playable Horde San’layn. Would make having to deal with this expansion’s theme much easier to swallow for me.

I’ll temper my expectations of course. Who knows where this will lead to, if anywhere at all? :wine_glass::bat:

5 Likes

Why does it seem like the relevant stuff to this thread is always in the Kyrian campaign?

4 Likes

Not going to lie, I would utterly HATE THIS with all of my being. It would just give drive to people saying “The undead are evil with no exception”. Not to mention, any ‘cure’ idea for being undead is another idea I completely despise (see lightforged undead nonsense). I also find Uther’s activity in the Kyrian campaign understandable entirely, since those stupid light-obsessed things brainwashed people and had this whole “purpose” nonsense that I also hate so much.

Edit: Also it would ruin any characters or stories people have for their undead characters, because then it’s a situation of ‘this is their evil side and this is their good side’ >< Which I again just really dislike entirely concept-wise. I think it would ruin any stories I have in RP in general, and would likely cause me to abandon things all together.

4 Likes

:pleading_face:

I certainly hope this is the case it being a good sign I mean

7 Likes

Thanks! Same here. And since it is labeled “The Blood Queen”, but she’s in SUCH a dramatic mixture of souls, I doubt her fate is oblivion. This might mean she’s actually relevant.

I’d love to get more lore on her, and Thal’ena as well. Heck, a bonus package of vampyr lore would be super neat.

Also yeah, it is odd that Kyrian seems more relevant to us.

To be honest, I would be all for them if they didn’t do the ‘forget me stick’ nonsense. At that point they’d just be preachy and annoying at worst. I do like some aspects of their aesthetic, just not their story.

7 Likes

Yeah, I really dislike the whole “you have to forget your life” part of them.

It just seems… bleh.

4 Likes

Playable San’layn with a Blood Queen please!

Lana’thel could suck my blood all day. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

5 Likes

Big agree, I might favor the blood princes, but… I would not be opposed to that option too

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

5 Likes