San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed} (Part 1)

09/25/2018 07:22 PMPosted by Swiftraven
the money i'd throw at blizzard to race change my characters to san'layn...

I hear you there. I'd have to level yet another for heritage armor too, which is a bug UGH because I'm not a big fan of leveling. But alas, we deal with it.

When PTR comes up, perhaps we will have some intel as to what's meant by raising those night elves. I think a Thalassian and Night Elven model for San'layn would be very neat. If they do go with skinny/chunky Kul'tirans (which we have no idea yet, but seems unlikely now) that could indicate the ability to do something similar for us.
09/25/2018 07:22 PMPosted by Swiftraven
the money i'd throw at blizzard to race change my characters to san'layn...

As an altoholic I'd be okay leveling a brand new one.

Or maybe 2. Possibly... 3.

No no, I'll restrain myself to 1. I'll try.

I'll seriously really try.
1 Like
Blizzcon is very close. I bet they will show off the full release of the Kultirans and Zanadalar Trolls.

Maybe they will tease the next Allied Race after that.
09/27/2018 10:43 AMPosted by Padmaster
Blizzcon is very close. I bet they will show off the full release of the Kultirans and Zanadalar Trolls.

they'll also probably give a better look at the heritage armor for BE and Dwarves, and hopefully say which ones are coming next

Kul'tirans and Zandalari should be part of 8.1, which is already on the PTR.

We should know everything there is to know about those races long before blizzcon.
09/27/2018 10:50 AMPosted by Phlynch

Kul'tirans and Zandalari should be part of 8.1, which is already on the PTR.

We should know everything there is to know about those races long before blizzcon.
This will be their official show off though. Not everyone keeps up with PTR or reads MMO-champ. Blizz also likes to show off concept work of how they came up with the stuff too.
https://www.wowhead.com/news=287474/patch-8-1-plot-speculation-saurfang-delaryn-sira-moonwarden-derek-proudmoore-tyr#derek-proudmoore

Do you guys think this could mean something for us? Thoughts, speculations? Looks like undeath is spreading. San'layn would be very useful right now.
09/27/2018 09:01 PMPosted by Fallynn
https://www.wowhead.com/news=287474/patch-8-1-plot-speculation-saurfang-delaryn-sira-moonwarden-derek-proudmoore-tyr#derek-proudmoore

Do you guys think this could mean something for us? Thoughts, speculations? Looks like undeath is spreading. San'layn would be very useful right now.

Undead red-eyed elves give me life. I'm really excited about what we have seen so far, and just in lore terms I'm very interested on what might be of Delaryn. Will Sylvanas be able to raise Kaldorei Dark Rangers? An interesting possibility, although I don't know how that would impact playable Undead Elves, unless they can be consolidated on a wider umbrella. More undead elf sources= more possible candidates.

There could be one model with perhaps a taut-er appareance, perhaps Nightfallen-esque, and only the ears represent lineage. Regardless, I'm for the notion of a more general approach of unedead elves rather than just san'layn.

Or, the reason why Sylvanas can raise Kaldorei, and they have red eyes, is because she is using the San'layn to do so, which would also be great because it would further expand their relevance, and numbers.
09/27/2018 09:29 PMPosted by Talendrion
An interesting possibility, although I don't know how that would impact playable Undead Elves, unless they can be consolidated on a wider umbrella. More undead elf sources= more possible candidates.
best hope is that we get the option to choose Night Elf or Blood Elf as the base model (probably something along skin color or a new 'model choice' selection) similar to how pandarens have the ability to be red pandas with a tail or gray pandas without a tail, and hopefully the same as Kul Tiran humans having both the skinny and normal models as playable (giving skinny humans as a playable model would give us another way to have the forsaken model playable, which does seem to be the MO for most Allied Races, but they never did a female version for it, or at the very least haven't put it in game).

but unfortunately what's most likely going to happen will be that we get regular San'layn (not that it's a bad thing) and these new Night Elf Dark Rangers will be either killed off in the new Warfront, or we'll just never see them again for the most part.
09/27/2018 09:01 PMPosted by Fallynn

So far it looks like the PC helps Nathanos find Delaryn's corpse as he's intent on raising her. It mentions that a valkyr named Brynja (spelling?) helps raise some. By the sounds of it, they've already risen a few Kaldorei as Dark Rangers beforehand. Maybe the San'layn are one of the contingents helping raise night elves and spread undeath across races, but with more subtlety and under the radar of the Alliance. Bringing out valkyr is a dead give away of their intents to the Alliance. It's like saying "look, I'm going to raise your fallen as Forsaken. Come and stop me." Trying to raise Delaryn might be a diversion meant to distract Tyrande from the true goal: raisng a great quantity of undead elves.

Obviously something like that is happening because Sira Moonwarden has already been risen. Don't forget that, while we were adventuring in Zandalar and Kultiras, the wars in Darkshore and Arathi are still in full swing. This means that the Forsaken have had ample time to raise various enemy races. Just as the Alliance have lost a great many, so too has the Forsaken, but unlike the Alliance, the Forsaken cannot reproduce and thus rely on raising the dead to replenish their numbers. This is part of their strategy, but instead of just creating heavily rotting human undead, they're raising elves as Dark Rangers. Dark Rangers are on the upper tier of undeath with Death Knights and San'layn. So you can bet that they are going to be hell bent on raising elves.

This may mean that we will be getting a choice between two types of San'layn or Undead Elves for the Horde or it might be setup for a Dark Ranger Hero Class. It may also mean we're getting San'layn or Undead elves and the Night Elven Dark Rangers are all killed off. However, I find the story potential of this entire scenario very interesting, not only because it gives us potential new allied races, but because of all the places this could go.

Undeath does feature in BFA pretty heavily, seemingly even more so in patch 8.1. It might be foreshadowing of the next expansion pack.
Is there a rule that they have to be elves? Not that I wouldn't mind more elf races, but if these vampires could include other races it would help to convince those who suffer from elf fatigue
09/28/2018 09:15 AMPosted by Lorithyn
Is there a rule that they have to be elves? Not that I wouldn't mind more elf races, but if these vampires could include other races it would help to convince those who suffer from elf fatigue

Well there are a few human vampires in Stormheim they're pirates that stole something that cursed them with vampirism.

https://www.wowhead.com/quest=43963/vampirates#comments
Could potentially see them being a allied race pairing with maybe Junker Gnomes later in the expansion.
8.1 - KT (A) & Zandalari Trolls (H)
8.2 - Sethrak (A) & Vulpera (H)
8.3 - Junker Gnomes (A) & San'layn (H)

The pairings from 8.2 and 8.3 could easily swap depending on how Blizzard wanted to play it.
09/28/2018 10:02 AMPosted by Fahrenheit
8.2 - Sethrak (A) & Vulpera (H)
i'm sorry but Sethrak on the Alliance sound very unlikely at this point in time. yes the alliance save Vorrik from a poison, but the horde save Serrik from the same poison, we free their Loa, and are the ones who kill off Mythrax in the Uldir raid who was the main enemy of the Sethrak and one who killed their Loa many years ago.

i'll admit there might be some story later on and alliance get on better terms with the Sethrak, but right now they *should* lean more towards joining the horde, as well as the fact that the Faithful sethrak get along perfectly fine with the Vulpera so there's no reason to reject them from joining the horde simply because the Vulpera join the horde.
Let's not start an argument about Sethrak here and stay on topic. People are merely sharing their opinions on where they see the races going. Many do want Sethrak on the Alliance, which is perfectly understandable. I would just leave it at that here, and if you have problems, bring it up on the Sethrak thread.

As for other races being vampiric, I don't see why not in the future. Or even soon, but again I've not seen Blizzard put multiple of different models under the same 'race'. That could change, but that means needing to take into mind the customization that would be needed for each variant. Do we know the human vampyr would join the Horde? I for one don't mind a variety myself, so long as we get the original (Thalassian) San'layn as well. (That's their history, after all!)

The pairing suggestions have been mostly:
-Junker gnomes
-Night Elf worgen

Both of which seem to be asked for from time to time, so we'd have to see.
09/28/2018 06:52 AMPosted by Nemestrïnus
09/27/2018 09:29 PMPosted by Talendrion
An interesting possibility, although I don't know how that would impact playable Undead Elves, unless they can be consolidated on a wider umbrella. More undead elf sources= more possible candidates.
best hope is that we get the option to choose Night Elf or Blood Elf as the base model (probably something along skin color or a new 'model choice' selection) similar to how pandarens have the ability to be red pandas with a tail or gray pandas without a tail, and hopefully the same as Kul Tiran humans having both the skinny and normal models as playable (giving skinny humans as a playable model would give us another way to have the forsaken model playable, which does seem to be the MO for most Allied Races, but they never did a female version for it, or at the very least haven't put it in game).

but unfortunately what's most likely going to happen will be that we get regular San'layn (not that it's a bad thing) and these new Night Elf Dark Rangers will be either killed off in the new Warfront, or we'll just never see them again for the most part.

Unlikely that we will see the skinny kt model playable, that level of variation within a race is not something I see blizz wanting to do. So if we do get some level of variation, I could see it happening like the Pandaren red panda tail.

So a base "elf" model is what we would get, and at best something like ear shape to dictate heritage. If the "elf" base looks unique/ different enough from either blood elf or nigth elf (maybe something close to a nightfallen) I think it could be doable.
09/28/2018 12:29 PMPosted by Fallynn
Let's not start an argument about Sethrak here and stay on topic. People are merely sharing their opinions on where they see the races going. Many do want Sethrak on the Alliance, which is perfectly understandable. I would just leave it at that here, and if you have problems, bring it up on the Sethrak thread.
i wasn't going to argue about it further, i have just seen it brought up in so many other places and wanted to vent about it briefly. and yes i acknowledge that something may happen in the future to push Sethrak over to alliance similar to how Nightborne were pushed to horde side on the last minute basically.
this is probably the most big megathread about something i have ever seen... do blizzard notice or talk about it? naaaaaaah
Ah, good. 8.1 speculation has revitalized the discussion in this thread. Good, good. There is so much to talk about that I can't even begin to wrap my head around.
09/28/2018 08:36 PMPosted by Arquimagoxex
this is probably the most big megathread about something i have ever seen... do blizzard notice or talk about it? naaaaaaah

Love the mog you've got, it's very San'layn like, hehehe. But I think Blizzard might be watching, who knows. We haven't been locked yet for spamming, we're on part nine, and have offered some very good suggestions, speculation, and ideas. I'm not losing hope!

09/28/2018 08:39 PMPosted by Rorrand
Ah, good. 8.1 speculation has revitalized the discussion in this thread. Good, good. There is so much to talk about that I can't even begin to wrap my head around.

Right? I'm doing my speculation video tomorrow for the 'layn, I think, and will have to definitely include some of these tidbits now from 8.1. There's a lot to talk about and such, like...

SPOILERS BELOW

Sira. What's up with this resurrected Night Elf? Anyone notice that she has some red eyes going for her? With Sylvanas sacrificing her Valk'yr, she's bound to need a new method of getting undead. San'layn honestly would be a perfect way to help this 'reproduction' problem.