San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed} (Part 1)

09/23/2018 08:35 AMPosted by Ivrdin
To say what the Horde so frequently says to the High Elf folks-- NO MORE ELVES

Jokes on you, most of us here are supportive of them when they give constructive arguments!

Oh, and your beating a dead horse there. We get spammed with that stuff every time we refresh the thread. So, shhhhh, the elves are talking.
4 Likes
Anyways, we all know I’m dying to have these guys (hah, get it?!) and will defend them to my last breath.

And as a little TLDR for the peeps who can’t be bothered to take the time to read,

WE ADDRESS DREVENS DEATH. THERE ARE MORE BLOOD PRINCES!

Thank you, have a nice day.
4 Likes
I will give you guys credit, you are determined in your request. Even knowing that a snow ball in hell has a better chance but you persist.
1 Like
There's no story on horde side for these guys. Unless I missed it three times. As far as I can tell, these guys only show up in the Alliance story.

Therefore, I can't see them becoming a Horde Allied Race.
1 Like
09/23/2018 08:47 AMPosted by Yasudra
There's no story on horde side for these guys. Unless I missed it three times. As far as I can tell, these guys only show up in the Alliance story.

And they only show up for us to kill a blood prince.
1 Like
09/23/2018 08:51 AMPosted by Caelin

And they only show up for us to kill a blood prince.

Yeah, exactly, so I don't see why people think this is gonna be an allied race. Not every new race is gonna be an allied race. And those that are have stories for the faction hero to experience and "recruit" them.
1 Like

We have quite a bit of speculation about why this is, but quite honestly hope to see them without having to jump off a ship next time.

We’re hoping for at least a glance at them in the midst of the next parts of the war campaign, especially since death and undeath are a pretty hot topic.

Nevertheless, the story just started! Whose to say they can’t appear more later on?
We shall persist!
1 Like
09/23/2018 01:46 AMPosted by Eevee
Keep up the positivity!

I haven't delved much into the 8.1 spoilers yet but this dark ranger stuff sounds interesting.

Hi our awesome fox friend, thanks for popping in with the support, you rock! Yeah, there's a lot of interesting details coming out, I'm excited to see about when people find out specifics from the PTR and all so that we can delve more into depth as well.

09/23/2018 08:58 AMPosted by Lueran

We have quite a bit of speculation about why this is, but quite honestly hope to see them without having to jump off a ship next time.

We’re hoping for at least a glance at them in the midst of the next parts of the war campaign, especially since death and undeath are a pretty hot topic.

Nevertheless, the story just started! Whose to say they can’t appear more later on?
We shall persist!

Exactly. And that's just it; I spelled out in my initial post exactly what everyone is saying, and I request that those of whom came in here and claimed 'no, because Dreven is dead' please go and read the little section I put there for it. I gave details and speculations in that segment, and I'm going to be doing a speculation video myself on it too.

--------------------------
I get that "not everything is going to be an allied race". We are voicing what we'd like to see as an Allied Race. I started this before any information about Dreven came out. We truly want to see them added into the game, and sharing information as to our ideas on what we'd like to see on the model, or the story, could help our cause.

And I'll reiterate. None of us are saying 'San'layn RIGHT AWAY or INSTEAD OF [x]!'. I don't want that to ever be a trend in our community or come off like that. This thread is purely for those that support San'layn to talk about their ideas, whether or not they support it, and the like. For those that don't support them, I request merely to be polite. Which, for the most part in this section, you have (from what I've seen personally), and I appreciate you guys for remaining civil. In my opinion, the best way to oppose this idea is start a community of your own or join another AR one and simply not contribute to the ideas here.

I assume many people want their own race ideas and what they like the most added to the game, which is entirely understandable. And I stress, continue to add ideas to what you want to see in the game, because having your voice heard is what the forums are for if you do it constructively. We're on thread nine now, that should say something--being civil and respectful as possible is how we got this far, along with contributing to discussion with new ideas.
5 Likes
Until they are officially deconfirmed like the Helves. This wont stop.
4 Likes
So, 8.1 is gonna be zandalari trolls brought in by the darkspear.
8.2 will probably be the foxes brought in by the goblins.
So 8.3 would be most likely earliest patch for undead elves?

Gotta say, Horde allied races seem a lot more straightforward than Alliance ones.
3 Likes
09/23/2018 06:14 PMPosted by Padmaster
You say that like official deconfirmation stopped the HElf fans.
It's never going to happen, but I admire your dedication.
09/22/2018 07:44 PMPosted by Fallynn
There is a question on my mind. If they do add San'layn as an Allied Race... COULD it be a mixture of vampiric night AND blood elves? Would Blizzard do that for the race? It has never been done before... so hm...
if blizzard does in fact add both the big and skinny kul tirans (unfortunately though skinny kul tiran females just look like regular human females) then i see no reason why they could not have the San'layn have both blood and night elf models. it would be incredible if they did that as it would give us more customizations than just blood elf models.
2 Likes
09/24/2018 05:46 AMPosted by Nemestrïnus
09/22/2018 07:44 PMPosted by Fallynn
There is a question on my mind. If they do add San'layn as an Allied Race... COULD it be a mixture of vampiric night AND blood elves? Would Blizzard do that for the race? It has never been done before... so hm...
if blizzard does in fact add both the big and skinny kul tirans (unfortunately though skinny kul tiran females just look like regular human females) then i see no reason why they could not have the San'layn have both blood and night elf models. it would be incredible if they did that as it would give us more customizations than just blood elf models.

I agree. It'd be very interesting to say the least.
09/22/2018 06:14 PMPosted by Fallynn
IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!! If you want to see a video made that includes an artist who modified models with our ideas for this, see here! https://youtu.be/qrbHc-v1PDE

Ok, now I really want playable San'layn.
2 Likes
I think in a way it could be interesting from a story perspective to see Sylvanas going after undead unit types that were formally under the Lich Kings Scourge army. She already has some of the val'kyr working for her, the san’layn would be interesting as the next recruits.

I think with Bolvar becoming more active in the story, it would be great seeing how he reacts to her gobbling up his forces for her own. I can’t imagine he would like that.
09/24/2018 12:06 AMPosted by Khalamete
It's never going to happen, but I admire your dedication.
that's what people said about Vanilla WoW servers, and playable Mag'har orcs and Nightborne Elves, they probably even said that for playable Worgen, Blood Elves on the Horde side, Draenei being forces of good/Light, and probably a bunch of the QoL stuff we have now.

as it stands now, in a world with Allied Races being a thing (races that use modified skin/skeleton of currently playable races, AKA "Subraces") i do not think it is in the realm of impossibility that a highly requested race/customization option all of a sudden being brought back into current game would be unable to join the ranks of playable races.
2 Likes
I hope they announce them at blizzcon. Always wanted a dark ranger hunter <3. FOR THE DARK LADY!!!
2 Likes
09/23/2018 11:58 PMPosted by Vespero
09/23/2018 06:14 PMPosted by Padmaster
You say that like official deconfirmation stopped the HElf fans.

That's true but we have to remember to avoid being compared to any other community and that we are we're own. If we're told 100% that they will NEVER be added, we will just have to accept that unfortunately. I hope it never happens. They told High Elves not the expansion, which is why they continue. If they say something like that to us, we will remain respectful and productive.

09/24/2018 07:56 AMPosted by Phlynch
09/22/2018 06:14 PMPosted by Fallynn
IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!! If you want to see a video made that includes an artist who modified models with our ideas for this, see here! https://youtu.be/qrbHc-v1PDE

Ok, now I really want playable San'layn.

I'm glad you liked the video :D I do not have an artist to do that for males, but those concepts are certainly a lot of fun for females. There's still images of concepts for males of course that we talk about from time to time.
the money i'd throw at blizzard to race change my characters to san'layn...