San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed} (Part 1)

Poor guy screamed his head off during his introductory questlines. Drove me nuts, but I understand the reason.

2 Likes

GOOD NEWS!
blizzard is accepting questions for blizzcon qna!
you know what to do team!
be nice, be polite but submit those questions!

6 Likes

People told me to:

1. Send a video question in, as it might be more personal and the pool might be smaller
  2. Ask a specific question, as people will generally ask broad questions already.

So with that, here’s what I did:

https://twitter.com/TheRealDesastr/status/1361535767932260354

Fingers crossed! Might be waaaay too specific of a question, but hey, got suggested to do it, so might as well shoot for the moon.

11 Likes

Excited for you I hope they answer your question!

Also I’m back briefly to get the last flower crown I didn’t get so while I am here I have to throw my support for San’layn of course.

7 Likes

I asked my questions. I hope they’re specific enough.

3 Likes

My support I give.

Hope to see San’layn one day.

4 Likes

I demand to play Tortollan.

I recall there were at least two attempts to make a Tortollan megathread by two different people. Sadly, they both fizzled out quickly, which is a shame since I do like them (and turtles are my favorite animal).

Getting back to San’layn, the question sent regarding them is great! I don’t really see them answering the part asking if they’ll become an allied race, but it would be great to see some San’layn lore talked about and also continue the Horde-friendly San’layn plotline from BfA. Hopefully that question, along with this megathread of course, will inspire exploring that idea.

Still hoping for the best for playable Horde San’layn. :bat:

6 Likes

I posted my questions in the Q&A thread as well. I’ve upvoted all of the questions from thread goers I could find so far.

4 Likes

I’ll work on that after work some! Hopefully they accept the twitter link. Quality is meh, but I don’t have a professional camera, so there is that. One benefit to that is that my eyes look like they have legit no color or sclera, so rather hellish and eerie. I mean, it works for the effect, so yay? :stuck_out_tongue: I suppose that’s advocating for iris-less black eyes (the inner color, not the knuckle sandwich). That’s unedited and I’m not wearing contacts in that.

2 Likes

Wow, a certain someone on the Q and A thread is petty and childish. Anyone who has ever had the displeasure of seeing their responses on this thread will know who I am talking about.

2 Likes

Yeah. Some people go out of their way to be incredibly rude. Luckily most people don’t support their nonsense or rudeness. I don’t care if people disagree with what I’d like added but it sincerely isn’t necessary to be rude.

What can you do, though. Some people strive to make others miserable. I won’t be giving up regardless of a few haters.

5 Likes

Sadly, there’s nothing I can do about it. Blizzard apparently condones their behavior supported by the action they took when I had the nerve to talk back to this person.

It’s just hard to understand why people want to behave in such a way. The question they asked comes from a spiteful place with an intent/desire to provoke a response and the need to inflict hurt.

1 Like

I submitted a question as well. I sincerely hope lore for older races isn’t abandoned for newly added stuff. It bugs me that a lot of hype is all built up for races such as Sethrak, San’layn, Ogres, Saurok, and pretty much everything else, but then it’s abandoned for newer stuff.

I understand hype for new stuff, but I’m someone that’s fallen in love with concepts introduced earlier in the game (specifically…races in our plane. Azeroth & Outlands). I hate abandoned lore, and the carrot-on-the-stick stuff they seem to be feeding when it comes to these things. This applies to Dark Rangers, too–why abandon them after BfA?

I just… ugh. I’m not in it with the Shadowlands-lore hype, I will admit, and haven’t been since the beginning. I thought we’d have far more Wrath themes and maybe even fight in Northrend again, and possibly get more undead, rather than what we might be getting (not confirmed, of course.)

Granted, we could get more of that in 9.1, but I am not getting my hopes up–more than likely, it will just be another section of Shadowlands with a convoluted story.

6 Likes

I had passionately hoped we’d get more Wrath themes, more Scourge, and more Lich King. As of right now, the Scourge story is in limbo which is very odd considering that we left in the middle of a undead apocalypse. I vehemently dislike what Shadowlands did to the Lich King, an iconic and for me, beloved part of the Warcraft franchise.

I hope they continue the Scourge storyline and deal with it in a satisfying and meaningful manner. Not “LOL We defeated them all easily with our small army after we fought a war in BFA that vastly depleted our armies on both factions.”

I wanted old lore built upon and expanded not totally retconned. I also hate that I no longer have any favorite characters in WoW anymore. I was hoping for an undeath themed expansion, instead we got Shadowlands. But okay.

6 Likes

There is a part in the bastion campaign where you see the scourge attacking azeroth. We got ebonblade people in shadowlands and in the maw that have yet to be rescued. Many scourge are modeled after Maldraxxus people and magic. Maldraxxus itself is said to be a big living thing (wether it still is alive or not is controversial) it makes more sense for example the Maldraxxuns using necromancy on the land if the Maldraxxus was a living being. I would liken them to a Budong from farscape. At least I get Budong vibes from Maldraxxus.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkWTnglFUfE

I believe scourge will be more relavent with Arthas, the horseman, Morgraine, and Uther coming into the story, all of them would feel important maybe each helping to repel the scourge in the future! San’layn would be good around then to join the fight.

2 Likes

Hmm… well, we talked about our QnA wishes, and Blizzconline wishes, but I think I’ll bring up my 9.1 wishes. Here it is:

1. Naturally, pertaining to this thread, San’layn as an allied race (preferred) or customization WITH ADDED LORE.
  2. Relating to (1), I’m hoping to see San’layn relevant, and a return to Northrend sort of like patch 8.3’s return to Uldum and Vale. Having current content related to Northrend would make me incredibly happy, and we could have cosmetics added with that them, as well. Imagine some updated skeletal drake models! Or other skeletal mounts never seen before. I can think of a long list of potential skeletal beasties that would look cool, or zombie, or blood-aberrations. But, anyway, back to San’layn, they would (in this wishlist) emerge from the shadows, still seeking to join the Horde. This would be the perfect opportunity to join, as they know the scourge like the backs of their clawed hands due to being top-bat tacticians. They would be extremely useful to the Horde in this light, and as we know, they already want to join the Horde, and have no home. Therefore, this would be a perfect time to bring them back, expand upon their lore (the curse origins, more on how it affects them, and their hierarchy system).
  3. Torghast becoming more relevant, especially for collectors. I mean, Island Expeditions is one big, boring farm, and they tossed a ton of recolors and collectable cosmetics into them. Torghast is something I actually enjoy doing (in certain specs, anyway), and so, adding recolors or something (there’s so many unused mounts, for example) as additional rewards to farm for would be nice. Or anima power, as well. Especially for Twisting Corridors. I feel like if we’re willing to re-do a 2-hour instance, we should be able to get a repeatable reward. They do it with dungeons, so why not this content? Why abandon it?
  4. The 450 & 500 mount rewards, and NOT something horrid like barf chicken for 400. Sorry, I personally hate it. I know some adore it, and I apologize if my words anger you, but it’s just my opinion in that I do not like it. I’m hoping for something like a drake, or just… creative. It takes forever to collect that might, so come on now.
  5. Legion Timewalking–give us a Nightmare drake mount, Blizzard, please.
  6. I’m hoping for a Night Fae or Maldraxxas raid. I’m not a fan of the Kyrians, but if they finally toss nuance into the light and make it evil for once, it could be interesting for lore implications.
  7. More customization all around. Facial piercings for all races. Tattoos for all races. Scars for all races. Customization was pushed for this expansion and BOY did it fall flat. So flat. To me, anyway. I’m not using any of it.
  8. Flying, naturally.

That is all I can think of right now. I’m a casual, only to like +6-ish of mythics right now. Have far too much on my plate with my job, book writing (so… another job in the form of an indie business), learning art (put to the side for now, tbh), youtubing soon (once I get a better mic and maybe better camera), aaaand roleplay. So pushing content is a biiiiit rough, but hey, I’m putting effort in, unlike with BfA.

Gods though, I really…really…REALLY…would love housing. Would bring life to professions too if they could craft stuff to add to the house, and incentivize people to do content if some of it rewarded more stuff. sigh

Edit: Also I think a Blood Phoenix would be super cool as a mount related to the San’layn. Nightborne got a flying manasaber mount, so… fingers crossed for a blood phoenix :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Yep. I asked a question of this nature. Cause seriously.

What is everyone doing back on Azeroth with the Scourge rampant and the Jailer’s forces possibly soon to be inbound?

Cause the Horde and Alliance leadership does consist of more than just Jaina, Baine, Thrall, Anduin and Tyrande…

3 Likes

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/437338484186021888/812094803877560330/Screenshot_674.png

Oh my gods let this be true, I would be SO HAPPY… like beyond happy… Please… Then I will have them on all the time, and no one has to ask “hey where’s the glasses”? … … plus I won’t forget to take them off prior to going into an M+…

10 Likes

I hope it’s true.

4 Likes