San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed} (Part 1)

Happy New Year! And here to throw my support at ya!

:snake: :bat:

5 Likes

Happy new year! May the San’layn become playable in the next year!

4 Likes

I found this image in another thread, posted by a user named Averax, that shows some text Kael’thas says to Blood Elf and Void Elf players specifically after doing this week’s Venthyr campaign questline:

https://i.imgur.com/VS1r4NN.png

Thought I would share it as it seemed interesting to see Kael’thas have regret for his actions. I would guess that he would feel remorse as well for those slain that followed him that became San’layn, though whether that will come up or not in the future remains to be seen.

Survival being a burden rather than blessing strikes me as something the San’layn would feel. They were fighting for survival before they died, fought for survival after being forced into undeath, and likely still are doing so along with dealing with the vampyr curse they have. It can’t be easy for them to live as they are, with everyone viewing them as monsters and trying to live in a world that views them as monsters through no fault of their own while they try to retain what they can of who they were before becoming San’layn.

Seeing as the majority of them became San’layn following Kael’thas, it would be interesting to see him comment on the San’layn as a whole. Hopefully, he would feel remorse at the very least of his people being used in such a manner by the Lich King since they died following him, for the most part.

Just some ramblings I wanted to share. Again, happy New Year! :bat:

11 Likes

nice thanks for sharing

1 Like

He is 100% allowed to come back as our Blood Prince :stuck_out_tongue: Or Blood King. Come on Kael! You can do it! Grant us that, I’m rooting for you! If he does, I suppose he’ll become my second favorite WoW character.

No one can replace Lana’thel. No one! She will always be my favorite as the original Blood Queen ^^

Speaking of which, I seriously hope to see some drawback or outcome from the prepatch, if that makes sense, since the scourge is rampaging still. Some reaction to a bunch of scourge-aligned people being brought back. And of course… The whole now-Mawsworn-can-do-some-nasty-stuff-on-Azeroth. Wonder if they’ll come back and continue to mess around? And I wonder why they did that in the first place, come to think of it?

4 Likes

I wonder if Kael will somehow get that crown that we make in the Venthyr campaign.

Stopping by to throw my support again, it still irks me the literal DEATH THEMED expansion hasn’t brought this request to fruition in the form of an AR or customization / added story.

9 Likes

Right?

Death themed expansion.

No necromancer class despite them making a slew of new spells and spell effects, and no San’layn or Dark Rangers…

7 Likes

Blizzard “give”… i wanna go full tilt with my vampy rp guild friends. -.-

2 Likes

Yet…

It wouldn’t surprise me if they pulled something on us.
Supposedly there was some comment in an interview where they said no class made sense for Shadowlands…I remain hopeful it was a comment made as a bit of a joke and not serious…Necromancers are a no brainer, especially after expanding all the visuals. Same reason I’d like to see some sort of spell casting void knight.

3 Likes

Got a commission of one of my San’layn from one of my favorite artists:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/419589093593317377/796662842521681930/Apollo_by_Ictus.jpg

Via https://twitter.com/Ictus_Serpentis

He’s kinda a different design than most people think of vampyr. He’s like a gothic cowboy bard. I thought him up after listening to Seether’s “Country Song”. Sometimes characters spawn from that. His name is Apollo.

Also, to cover all bases before it happens again: If you want to hate on how I design my characters, there’s a lot of colorful language I can use as a counterpoint that I’m not allowed to on here. I’ll just say ‘you can feel free to walk into a den of murlocs and never come out if you have an issue’. I don’t make these to please you. I make them to have fun. So kindly let the door hit you on the way out.

(Last paragraph is because I’m tired of sharing art/designs and people being rude (understatement) about it.)

11 Likes

Noice!

And [Expletive] on whoever doesn’t like your designs.

6 Likes

I may be mistaken it’s been years since i looked at it but that 3d san’layn armor design at the very top of the thread. Wasn’t that zombiequalias? And I swear it looks like Blizzard just stole the idea for their god awful looking version of it with the venthyr covenant cloth set.

Reminds me of the villain from FF15 Ardyn Izunia.

Also through the Night Fae Campaign. We save Kireek, the Lord of the Night Sky. So that’s interesting. He also did some bad thing before he died, I think he should do some time in Revendreth.

Yes, she designed it for the video I made on San’layn, the one on the top of the thread. Sadly it was shared here with intent that hopefully Blizzard would put the ideas toward San’layn heritage.

Unfortunately many ideas here are just likely going to what they added that I personally do not like at all. (Personal opinion, again it’s fine if people like the Venthyr. I don’t.) As opposed to feeding lore they already had for the vampyr curse, which is what I was hoping they’d do. And what I was really interested in.

But alas. I don’t really have the muse anymore to share ideas after years now of trying only to have this stuff most likely use the ideas and not contribute at all to the lore I was interested in to begin with. Kael has a connection to San’layn as they were his followers. But I don’t know how likely it is for him to leave SL and if it will even let San’layn be playable.

4 Likes

I would wait for Blizzconline and see what they have to show. I have not seen anything that hints at further customization. So I am wondering what type of customization they have planned. I think it’s interesting we had a return of BC heroes (Vash, Kael’thas) so I am thinking Illidan will also return in the near future. San’layn would feel like perfect customization for blood elves. That in addition to dark ranger stuff.

It would be interesting to see if San’layn would help the horde defend against the scourge while we are in the shadowlands. Stuff like Kelfin/Taunka helping out defend too. And then them becoming customization.

4 Likes

Yeah that’s what I’m hoping for, certainly. And what I’m waiting on as well. I have no clue what they’re going to plan for the next patch; doubt any of us will for a couple months. But I’m definitely hoping for more customization and would be very happy if that happened. I just hope to get some lore too in that regard.

4 Likes

I’ve only seen hints at a future bard class. But those have been hinting since a few expansions now.

They even used the gothic architecture and gargoyle ideas.

Well Zombiequalia’s design gets 10 stars, blizzard’s covenant cloth set for venthyr get’s 1 star cause it looks awful in comparison. lol