San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed} (Part 1)

I have to agree with this. I’d like to see Kael return and it gives a great opportunity for the San’layn to be in the spotlight.

10 Likes

Kael’thas is a great choice for a Blood King, I think. It’s why I got that art of him show in the first post! I know the community favors the idea. Lorewise, the San’layn were extremely loyal to him prior to death, and came to be due to the failed attack on Arthas when Illidan went over. The ones remaining might still be loyal to him now, especially if he gets some sort of redemption arc. We do know he did care about his people, in the very least, but went about showing this through eventually being corrupted and failing.

I know that people are thinking Illidan got a second chance, and so think that Kael should get one too. Him as a leader of the San’layn would be super neat. It’d bring a nice contrast to the current “sunwell” blood elves and a bit more nuance to elf culture in the Horde. A better fit, if you will.

6 Likes

Back for another bump. Haven’t looked at any of the thousand or so new comments though, lol. Not going through that many again.

From the little bit that I’ve been keeping up on it appears that the Shadowlands inhabitants and the living can communicate. Many possibilities for Kael to play some part, no matter how small, in a San’layn AR imo.

He could be a full on Blood King or whatever the non-San’layn version of a ruler is (He’s not a San’layn correct?) or he could send us on a quest chain that leads us to the destroyed Nerubian city/tunnels where the remaining San’layn have hidden themselves. Or something along those lines. I would actually like to see both tbh.

He would initially send us on a long quest chain to find the remaining San’layn, with a lot of back story in-between, and then he would work with us to convince them to help the Horde. Then we would find out they’re leaderless and that is why we haven’t seen them in a while because of the San’layn bureaucracy that takes FOREVER by the livings time standards. :wink: Blah, blah, blah, he ends with him as the leader. And maybe since the San’layn are undead they can communicate with Kael in the Shadowlands.

Away from forums

Still enjoying my time away from forums also. :sunny: :sunglasses: I think I’ve been away for about 3 months now, possibly more. Just resubbed in anticipation of the SL pre and the customizations. Here’s looking at you Elvira undead. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Probably be spending the entire first day of pre just customizing all my toons, lol.

Been Drawing (No pics DL'd; Mainly ogres and some orcs.)

Been drawing, though not over the past month, and mainly ogres which I do have to say look better then Blizz’s imo but I won’t post in the Ogre forums because of the OP’s rude behavior and more or less it’s “his way or the highway” attitude. Plus, I haven’t got any photos taken of them or scans. Was going to model them also but haven’t gotten around to them.

3 Likes

Send him to Revendreth! lol

2 Likes

Why would the undead fit into a society that worships light and is constantly irradiated by light that harms the undead?

undead elf would fit better with void elves for aesthetics and because void and death are more related than death and light which are antagonistic forces

1 Like

Undead elves are a Horde thing.

10 Likes

The alliance worships life to much. They are why the forsaken exist. They were forsaken by the alliance.

2 Likes

the playable blood elves only used Fel to rebuild their cities and only the magisters, which were actively used by Fel were the ones who became demon allies to the legion that followed kaelthas.

blood elves have their own themes, of light, arcane magic, ranger, etc but they do not have an undead theme within their society.

sanlayn or ventyr as unique races might work

2 Likes

or not. It all depends on how you tell the story. I’m sure the end of shadow rising sets the beginning of the return of the dark ranger night elves to the ranks of the night elves.

2 Likes

We already have undead elves in the forsaken society. And they maintained there alliances with the blood elves. Heck We even got night elf undead.

1 Like

Sir, you turn me red with rage.

3 Likes

Also this could work, but I think all loa go to Ardenwald by default. (Spelling isn’t my strong point quite yet for the new stuff).

This one I think would be subjective, in my personal opinion; trolls have such a variety and mix that it’d make sense for elves too, since Dark Rangers are Thalassian Elves (and night elves now, but who knows if they’d give that to the Alliance). I think they fit more for elves than undead, again in my personal opinion.

I agree, could even have it be a “vampyr” race which includes multiple skeletons(humans could actually be included in this too), by which it likely would be a neutral race. I think I said this before where there could be a neutral AR for each covenant, but we’d have to see in the future.

We haven’t seen multiple skeletons under one race yet though, but that doesn’t mean it can’t change, especially with customization changes.

5 Likes

if the undead created their own society called forsaken and that is their theme.

then it would be nice to see elf customization for the forsaken since undead elves are part of their society and their theme

It is and we haven’t seen anything about adding different body types to a race. As dark rangers would have blood elf animations.

Blizzard is the one who writes the stories, not me

Oh I’m not actually mad. It was a joke. I switched to my Horde Somand, who has a red background. Red with rage. Get it?

4 Likes

Regarding Ogres, I’ve been wondering if it might be time for a new Ogre megathread to get started, since the OP for the Ogre megathread isn’t very active in it and hasn’t been around on the forums in general for awhile. I’ve been toying with the idea of a Stonemaul Ogre megathread, and I know that Zurogrusel also considered making a new Ogre megathread at one point as well. I think the campaign to get playable Horde Ogres would go better in the long run with someone who is actively on the forums, planning to play the game for a long while, positive to others, and more welcoming to other posters. Also being able to post Ogre news that pops up would be very useful.

Right now, I’m just considering it, but Zurogrusel, if you’re reading this, I’d like to know if you still had any interest in making a new Ogre megathread. :japanese_ogre:

Getting back to San’layn, I’ve done a lot of stuff in MoP for Saurok research, so I’ve been going back to WotLK to look around for San’layn stuff. I’m sure everyone has combed through Northrend a few times for this megathread, but I’m also trying to learn more about them so I can get a better handle on writing San’layn stuff, which is something that I’ve been meaning to do for awhile. :bat:

4 Likes

You guys should do it! I’ll support you both :slight_smile: You both work hard and contribute so much, and have wonderful ideas that I don’t think of for all races you support, from what I’ve seen.

6 Likes

I have been getting the itch to play ogre. (Shaman mage rogue or warrior). Mostly Rogue though due to Dagg. I do think they will be a race some day if we got to Alt Draenor and face the light zealot Yrel and her army of holy orcs and other enslaved races like ogres. Can’t wait for that expansion.

1 Like

I agree.

Also, I had a neat idea that “Wings” could be tied to the heritage armor.

Like the wings on some Warlock Gear.

That way you get them if you’re a “Devoted San’layn.”

3 Likes