San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed} (Part 1)

Some people want different races to be added to Lightforged, which could be neat and help make them feel a bit less lacking.

They could also add Broken as an alternate model for Draenei if they’re not going to be their own race.

3 Likes

I was reading up on Dark Rangers, like I’ve been for the past few weeks. When for the first time i noticed something.
Dark rangers are undead archers in service of the [Forsaken]
(https://wow.gamepedia.com/Forsaken) or Sylvanas Windrunner.
It doesn’t actually say that they are Forsaken, only that they are in service of the Forsaken.

Also throwing in my continued support for San’layn as their own race. They are to unique in my opinion to be just a handful of Blood Elf customizations.

7 Likes

Yeah, but that’s a fan made wiki. It’s literally stated in game that Sylvanas “used to be an elf”, in the Ghostlands quest The Forsaken, which I linked a few posts up.

4 Likes

While the info is on the fan made wiki. It is from the actual Horde Players Guide. which is sadly rpg thus not canon. Although I firmly believe that some of the things in there should be made canon.

6 Likes

Wildhammer Druids come to mind. :pleading_face:

6 Likes

Well, they did pull a lot from the RPG in this expansion such as the name of Jaina’s brother Tandred and the name of House Waycrest.

So who knows? Maybe they’ll dip back into that pool for some more lore later down the road.

6 Likes

I’m a little disappointed San’layn options as an AR / customization as well as Dark Ranger options aren’t in game for Shadowlands.

I’m hopeful given the nature of Shadowlands being fitting to bring them in, and don’t mean to be melancholic but I do keep thinking how nice it would be to have had been able to first experience Shadowlands with our characters as these long requested options.

I’m most excited for Maldraxxus, I think both it and Revendreth can play into the San’layn and undead elf fantasies for fans which is both nice but also a bit annoying if nothing comes to fruition.

I do feel like at least maybe Blizzard is on the look out for stuff players are requesting so there’s that too.

8 Likes

Honestly if we got the San’layn as an Allied Race, which we should, the Dark Ranger could just be a customization option of the San’layn.

:heavy_check_mark: Undead
:heavy_check_mark: Blood elf model
:heavy_check_mark: Access to hunter class
:heavy_check_mark: Unique appearance

10 Likes

Plus they said customization is going to continue throughout Shadowlands.

5 Likes

Huh never thought of it that way, but yeah true! They’d need teeth variations unless dark rangers don’t mind fangs. Which we’ve seen vary heavily on Thalassian elves (them having it versus not).

Wouldn’t teeth options be neat? Like you could have no fangs(dark ranger?), 2 fangs (dark ranger/San’layn), four fangs(first set of incisors along with canines, San’layn) or ALL fangs (like Illidan or goblins, San’layn)

Actually, here’s a fun one. This is for “Vampire the Masquerade” so NOT WoW but inspiration can still be taken from it.

This art is sourced to: https://twitter.com/feyspeaker/status/1223425216933552129

And hey solution to “But we should have UGLY vampires too!” would be: Just add in ugly, nosferatu-like options as well to the allied race as a whole. Boom, solves the whole ‘venthyr can’t leave shadowlands’ issue and lets you play something that looks like it but with Azeroth lore.

My favorite fang types in this:
-Nagaraja (Big favorite >:D )
-Brujah
-Tmimisce

8 Likes

How would racials work though? If there’s a blood drinking one, it wouldn’t fit the Dark Ranger, unless they got an equivalent “Soul sap” or something which I guess could be toggled to be a different color.

2 Likes

Well if their racial was something similar to the void elves or worgen-ish it wouldn’t be something they have to use as far as the blood/soul suck.

As far as the more Nosferatu look for the San’layn goes, that’s where I think the worgen-ish racial could be used. A 2min CD that transforms your appearance for 15-20 seconds were your primary stat is increased and slowing nearby enemies. Taking on a more feral vampiric form longer ears, elongated arms and hands, face becoming more gaunt and vicious. As well as a darkened blood/shadow aura that radiates off of your movement.

Just my 2 copper. :bat:

2 Likes

True, and that’s a good idea. Personally I’d hope for a bat-monster sorta look, the ‘ugly nosferatu’ vampire I’ve never liked because it just seems to be “Look I’m an ugly corpse for no good reason because I might as well be a zombie, fear me” as opposed to an actual monster. Bat monsters, however, like the gargoyles in Revendreth (Those look so neat) would be super epic.

1 Like

Thought of another San’layn food item idea you could buy from San’layn food merchants:

Blood Pudding- “One look at this delicacy makes you think it’s more of the former than the latter.” :bat:

5 Likes

Finally got back to art practice again. Slowly getting better at anatomy.

But! Wanted to share my San’layn OC and the Blood Prince outfit I designed for him.

This is Ares (I have art of him in first post too for the teeth example.)

And here is his baseline look, again you can see the very sharp chompers he has.

Edit: I’m just a starting artist as a reminder. This is day 74 of said art journey after starting at net 0 for experience. So I’m not going to be great for a while.

10 Likes

Just wanted to mention, there was a recent development on wowhead news. Regarding DK hair colors becoming available to regular classes of same race. So Blood Elves should be getting the pure white and variant other shades. It’s a step in the right direction. I myself often use pure white hair as a RP vampire choice. Now all that is left is pale skin and red eyes. For a good start into the whole spectrum of San’layn or Dark Ranger RP.

3 Likes

That would be a great flight form for San’layn, the gargoyle bat form. I think a feral looking vamp form would be a neat racial. San’layn are these elegant looking aristocrats very Torreador from Vampire the Masquerade. But then they have that vicious form they can unleash.

`https://i.pinimg.com/originals/eb/89/ac/eb89ac534ec41cf7d7937394831da8a6.jpg

This is something I had in mind, even maybe going a little more bat like in face perhaps.

`https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/020/015/058/20190816131251/micro_square/sanjana-bhave-portfolio-piece-2-vampire-conceptart.jpg?1565979171

Looks maybe a bit too feral monstrous?

4 Likes

Here are the images and yeah makes sense; a bat face is something I like way better than just ‘ugly for the sake of ugly’ in my opinion if I’m gonna be honest :stuck_out_tongue:

Imagine if we got something like this: (LOVE CABIN IN THE WOODS <3)

Then there’s this guy, who’s kinda like a mix of the two, but the ‘ugly’ here is more “look he’s a horrifying bat monster” which I find pretty neat. I’ve seen the werewolf v. vampire battle from this movie (Van Helsing) but not the movie itself. A brief glance says it got bad ratings, but so did “Dracula Untold” and I personally adore that movie.

4 Likes

I actually would like to see something like this in World of Warcraft!

3 Likes

I can’t tell you guys how much I’m hoping Kael somehow escapes the Shadowlands and returns to lead the San’layn.

The story just writes itself here.

9 Likes