San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed} (Part 1)

Here you go for the image itself, looks great.

17 Likes

I LOVE their outfits! I NEED them!

4 Likes

Amazing! Both simple and elegant!

2 Likes

One of my favorite artists is doing Blood Prince art :slight_smile:

https://twitter.com/jawbonesart/status/1295872496978128896

https://twitter.com/jawbonesart/status/1296228745204752384/photo/1

10 Likes

Ok coming from that other thread. I watched the video and became curious on the racial leaders.

Blood Queen Lana’thel was the main leader, no? So would this group not function like a monarchy and the title would then go to her daughter Blood Princess Thal’ena who is in violet hold? (She’s marked as killable and not dead, so I’m assuming she’s still alive despite me killing her for loot). Or are those titles merely fancy titles with no power behind them since it seems like every san’layn is some prince or something.

I tried searching on the thread but there were only a few entries for Thal’ena and talk of other leaders.

3 Likes

One of the big problems with San’layn lore which we’re hoping is patched in (er not game patch, story patch, you get it) is the major ambiguity. No one knows, honestly, which is really frustrating for those of us who love the lore if that makes sense. You’d think that yes, the Blood Princess would be next in line–but we don’t know her true relation (if it’s by blood or because she was turned) ‘daughter’-wise. Then, there’s many that claim Thal’ena won’t ever get anything more because she was ‘flavor’ as a callback to Lich King Era times (which is what seems like the pre-patch resurrections entail as well). No one knows whether she’s dead or not since she was a rotating boss, if she escaped, etc.

Then, there’s question as to whether there can be multiple blood kings/queens, where the princes are in the hierarchy, and such like that. Now it seems like there’s even more complexity if pre-patch should be taken seriously–because Lana is back, though briefly, yet this means she can be brought back again, and again, and again.

It’s a big ball of ‘we have no idea and wish we knew more’ sadly. Personally I most support the idea of one of the missing Blood Princes as the racial leader, a Blood King per say. Heck, both of them could rule together and that’d be neat too. But they seem to be absent and that gap in the story would be good to bring them character. (Theraldis and Atherann)

6 Likes

That fits in nicely with the racial trait you have listed at the top. Even if they’re not added as a whole allied race. it would be nice to make some of those customization options you listed available so you can RP as perhaps a faction of the Blood Elves.

4 Likes

Yeah, we’d need some lore to justify why the Alliance (if added to humans or void elves) and Horde (added to Blood Elves, a must) have the vampyr, but I had an idea here:

That could be viable perhaps. I like the idea of customization being tied to story, so I’m hoping they consider things like that for sub-races in the future. It doesn’t even have to be too complex or anything, just story tidbits. Bare minimum I’d want beyond just red eyes though, vampires should have their fangs! (And night elves have fangs so I KNOW they can do it :stuck_out_tongue: )

5 Likes

yeah… but don’t forget this racial for INSTANT KILL GNOMES

8 Likes

Gnomes will be making tons of angry threads on the forums talking about how OP this racial is once San’layn come out.

7 Likes

…That reminds me, there’s so much blood in that scene perhaps I shouldn’t refrain from posting the more gory art I have if it just has blood. Hm…

7 Likes

Never mind, for an Azeroth free of Gnomes before they pollute and destroy worse than what happened to the sword of Sargeras.

Gnomeran and Mechagon are places where it has to be purged for the sake of nature and a better environment free of pollution that causes a terrible hole in the ozone layer that destroys our ecosystem.

#We are all Arthas

It is the only violent, gore, funny and satisfying scene in this expansion, there is nothing better than smashing a gnome.

3 Likes

I would trade the gold and holy BE theme for the bloody San’layn theme any day of the week!

5 Likes

9 Likes

OK.

/10chars

5 Likes

5 Likes

I just checked this is the 9th most viewed thread on the forums. Clearly a community favorite!

I hope they give us something.

4 Likes

I do think San’layn have a decent amount of popularity in general, especially given how there were people asking for them in the last stream Blizzard did in the Twitch chat. Some of it likely also came from the San’layn appearance in BfA and all the allied race speculation videos that came afterwards, though nothing came out of it sadly. Still, hopefully it’s something Blizzard has noted and that playable Horde San’layn will be a thing someday. :bat:

On another note, I did look some at the two remaining Blood Princes that are currently missing:

According to those links, they were both involved in raising Archmage Arugal, of whom Worgen Death Knights have a bone to pick with as mentioned in this quest under the Worgen section:

“Lord Harford says: You don’t remember me? We were both servants of Arugal back in Silverpine Forest. We put up with his merciless torture for ages. It was you who saved me on that fateful night when we escaped Shadowfang Keep.”

I’m not sure what those two Blood Princes would be involved with if they did return, but if somehow either were involved with Horde San’layn, it could be a fun storyline to have Worgen Death Knights wanting revenge of some sort.

There is also another Blood Royalty character, apparently a Blood Lord, that seems to exist only in the WoW card game (the physical version, not Hearthstone to my understanding):

Nothing really to him in terms of lore or backstory from what I can find. Just exists as a card to use in the WoW TCG. Who knows? Maybe he’ll come to WoW someday. I mean, there could be other Blood Royalty out there, seeing as Dreven did appear out of nowhere.

Anyway, just an interesting observation I found that I wanted to share. :bat:

5 Likes

Yeah it’s exciting how it seems, generally speaking, people are supportive of these ideas, be it through an Allied Race or customization (with lore). Also yeah, it’s interesting how the missing blood princes link to the entire reason why worgen can become Death Knights for sure.

Since I was reminded that a little bit of blood is fine to share, CONSIDERING that image of a blood prince literally ripping that gnome apart by removing all of his blood and slamming the skeleton right there onto the ground is shared on the regular and done by Blizzard…

Here’s art of one of my characters by Duranch. He’s adapted to be a San’layn in WoW, but is also the protagonist of a book I am writing. Figured I could share some epic, high quality art to continue the hype as well.

Edit: Not to mention I’m pretty sure there’s blood seen in official WoW art pieces regarding the scourge as well.

6 Likes

Not just that, but wasn’t he a reason Worgen on Azeroth became a thing in general? Let alone having the Gilneans become Worgen? According to his Wowpedia page, he did it at the behest of Genn:

“After the Scourge destroyed Dalaran and most of its populace, Arugal returned to his homeland of Gilneas. When the Scourge reached the Greymane Wall protecting Gilneas’ northern border, Arugal was called by King Genn Greymane to help him find a way to protect his kingdom. Arugal told him about the worgen, a mysterious race he had learned about, which could be summoned to help them. He warned Genn about the worgen’s strength and ferocity, but the king decided to enlist their help. Using Ur’s research, Arugal summoned worgen to attack the undead that attempted to pass the wall. Though they were successful in killing the Scourge, they later turned their rage against the Gilnean soldiers, turning some of them into worgen. This started spreading the worgen curse all through Gilneas”

I could see some of the Gilnean Worgen not being happy with him in general, and with the Blood Princes raising him up during WotLK, it would give even more of a reason for the Worgen to not like the San’layn at all even if it wasn’t the fault of the San’layn in general, seeing as it could be argued that this was the Lich King controlling the Blood Princes to raise Arugal. Whether or not they realize Genn had a hand in Gilneas’ predicament as well is unknown, assuming it isn’t retconned of course.

Seems like if San’layn did join the Horde, regardless if any of the currently known Blood Princes are a part of it, there could be some good story potential between the San’layn and Worgen if Blizzard were to keep the faction war going off and on. Sure, people will point to Twilight and make comments on that, but still the possibilities are interesting, in my opinion.

Looking at it, it might be something that could be worked with, though I don’t know how perfect it would be. Still, it’s something to think about. :bat:

4 Likes