San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed} (Part 1)

Could just be he’s been waiting there for us in Shadowlands. I dunno, I haven’t been keeping up with anything beyond customization myself.

3 Likes

Nah this is on Azeroth for prepatch, and I guess “Winged figures” brought him back…

Lana’thel and Tha’lena have wings, but I don’t want to jump to conclusions.

Edit: Most likely not San’layn blood princes/princesses/kings/queens!

4 Likes

They could be val’kyr or kyrians too. But I prefer Lana’thel and Tha’lena.

3 Likes

Noth the Plaguebringer, why does that sound so familiar?

This would be Noth the Plaguebringer:

4 Likes

Here I was getting his Wowhead link

And here you were being all:

2 Likes

So basically the Scourge rampaging in Icercrown are getting some of their old leaders/boss like Taldaram and Noth Amazon-air-dropped back from the dead by winged figures.

Probably Sylvanas’ Val’kyr, Forsworn Kyrians or the Jailer’s own flying Mawsworn.

1 Like

At least we know there’s no apparent limit on raising San’layn and other undead :stuck_out_tongue: As confirmed by the DK questlines in Legion, sure, but now we have confirmation on these folks so there’s that.

What it means for us? No idea. Seems like this is just flavor though, like Thal’ena (At least, that’s what people say on a regular basis, that it was throwback to Lich King Era for homage and nothing else).

I am very relieved to see it’s NOT in fact Theraldis or Atherann, I will admit. Because again if we saw them being tossed to kill fodder, that would be an appropriate sign that they’re not interested in continuing the story.

Now, though? Either flavor or something more–who knows.

4 Likes

That’s actually a big plus. Even wiping them out won’t get rid of them :stuck_out_tongue:

I think they’re around forever.

Also… Isn’t killing them making it MORE likely for us to see them in Shadowlands? <.<

2 Likes

Aspect of the cheetah helps. :cat:

So from what I can gather, is this just some sort of boss rush a la Mega Man where we are facing past named undead doods and such? Would explain why these winged beings are bringing random previously-dead people back.

I’ll again state that seeing enemy San’layn in some fashion is disheartening, but let’s not panic over it. There are still a few missing blood princes, and even if they came and we blow them up, there still are regular San’layn around. Maybe one of them is a 3rd cousin thrice removed from one of the royalty or something and could be the leader. Maybe one of the common class San’layn would rise as a leader or something and lead the working class to freedom in the Horde. Point is that I don’t think it would be the complete end of it for the most part.

Besides, if there are suppose to be few Void Elves in the world and they became playable, I don’t see why San’layn population would be a factor in them being playable in some fashion.

Anyway, just wanted to help try to raise some spirits here. We may very well see stuff we don’t like, and yes it will suck if we do, but there could still be ways to write around it or so in future patches. Shadowlands is going to be here for awhile, and a lot can change.

I’m not ready to give up hope just yet. Remember, we’re in it together, so let’s face what happens with each other and analyze it as best as we can. :bat:

3 Likes

It’s always nothing else until Blizzard needs it to matter. They flat out say in interviews a lot of their world building process is to go back to previous content, look for interesting seeds, then build upon them.

4 Likes

Yeah I haven’t had my hopes killed entirely now that again I know it’s not Atherann or Theraldis. We already knew Taladram was pretty bad news, and it seems like his attitude hasn’t changed. He hasn’t had a chance to get any sort of arc, and to be honest? He’s most likely been in the Maw this entire time for his crimes when he worked with the scourge, and brought back, is still extremely angry.

Granted, Kael went Venthyr and it’s arguable that his crimes could be worse, but we’re looking at a vampire who probably destroyed many more lives than Kael (but honestly we have no true number… so who knows?). Or, if he was brought back from an area in the Shadowlands, his mind was wiped/he was reset into thinking he was back under control of Arthas/I don’t know.

Yeah that’s a very good point, I’m just parroting what others will drill into my head over and over and over again. Trust me… I really, really want to see more of Thal’ena’s story. I have, as usual, a list of questions on her lore (But I’m a nerd in that sense :stuck_out_tongue: )

3 Likes

People who end up in Revendreth get a choice to stay and absolve their sins or carry on to the Maw. Maybe Taldaram just told the Venthyr to f*** off then got thrown in the Maw.

On the other hand, we know Denathrius himself took a specific interest in keeping Kael around to experiment on because of his large, named-major-lore-character (for lack of a less meta term) Anima reserves.

4 Likes

Well…people go to Revendreth who aren’t entirely rotten and have a chance at being redeemed. If unwilling or unable to be redeemed they go to the maw. If they are redeemed they can either choose to stay in Revendreth and become a Ven’thyr, or they can choose to go back to the arbiter to be judged again and go to another afterlife realm. The fact that Kael has a chance at redemption is awesome and I think the fact he’s saved from being corrupted in the raid is a big hopeful sign (not to mention his awesome new model) that they’re going to do something more interesting with him than having him choose to become one of the ugly nosferatu-ish Ven’thyr. (coughcoughlikeescapetheshadowlandsandbecomethebloodprinceofabandofsurvivingSan’layncoughcough )

6 Likes

6 Likes

SQUEEEE! She might be a boss again but still. I love Lana’thel. I should draw her.

8 Likes

Go wild on the wings!

Hopefully she wonders why you have her quill.

6 Likes

I’m messing around on the PTR since I was finally able to make a character. Realms are restarting rn. Will update if I see anything related.

also i already miss expedient my spec feels so bad without the haste
i hate corruption but im really gonna miss that haste

Okay back on 5min later i swear if it reset my keybinds again
insta dc’;ed on login ;(

“A character with that name already exists” bug >:(

Well I got a free race change on the PTR for Zuro here, I’m using it while waiting to log in

I got this

Blizzard, did you forget about survival again? You made it melee
that’s not how you hold an axe

Okay so since Zuro is bugged I made a warlock since I mained that from MoP till last april
I forgot demonic circle is baseline again! I’m moderately happy about that

I just realized I had a mount sitting in my bag on Zuro since last night
/cry
I got the surf jelly tho

5 Likes

So Wowhead posted an article mentioning the rare mobs on Northrend so far are all from different dungeons:

Of note is the wording: “Keleseth’s Influencer references Keleseth’s Seducer from the Blood Princes.”

So we could see other Blood Princes. Likely the three we saw as part of the Blood Council that were part of a dungeon and died before:

Will continue to keep an eye out for any other San’layn stuff. :bat:

7 Likes

You look epic, nice! …except for the derpy axe hold. :laughing:

I did that with the alpaca, I had no idea it was in one of my alt’s bags until I logged on XD

Yeah hopefully just those three unless we have team Theraldis and Atherann on our side! Really really hoping we have some scourge members fighting back like the Death Knights. Come on… please… it’s such rich story potential x.x to rebel against what everyone wants to hate you for!

4 Likes