San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed} (Part 1)

You don’t need to be here to tell them that. And its not the topic of this megathread. This thread is for telling them what people want to see from a San’layn/Darkfallen Allied Race. Its not really here for Venthyr or for those who do not want them.

The forums are a public space sure, but you’re quite welcome to make a thread of your own or add you voice to the ones already about talking about Venthyr or just general Elf and San’layn hate.

In either case you go into a thread with this title and say I don’t want or I hate this, and you expect what?

To be just left there unchallenged?

Read the room.

9 Likes

Thank you Fezz, I’ll let that be self-explanatory. I told him that again, it’d be far more effective to share ideas and positivity on a thread where it’s relevant instead of stirring the pot and saying “THIS IS BETTER THAN THIS” on a thread promoting what you’re going against.

:tired_face:

(…why my old threads and activity are being gone through however, I don’t know, but… alright then. :thinking: )

Edit: I just… what if I went into every thread and said “NO SAN’LAYN WOULD BE BETTER”? It’d be obnoxious, that’s what. -.-

7 Likes

Wanted San’layn since they first showed up in Wrath. (Or the pre-wrath event where they resurrect Arugal, am i remembering that correctly?)

Need my vampire realness.

Also, I’ve wanted a Lich hero class since also Wrath, and thought one of their talent specs could be sanguimancy, which would utilize blood magic and be more vampiric and San’layn-y than the typical WC Lich.

Imagine a San’layn Blood Lich, ahhhh so cool…

3 Likes

Dont think more Elves are needed but they are super cool, better than most of the other Allied race models.

1 Like

Very fair and glad you think so! One solution could be a Night-Warrior like questline. Then they’d be added to the blood elf (and void elf…?) model. And maybe human model too. There’s a lot of possibilities in that vein (hah) really.

We really dont need more versions of BE, but you really couldnt say no if Blizzard offered them up. :smile:

Never understood people who stomp into threads specifically designed to be a brainstorming/idea generating thread hoping for a specific customization (or race/class/what have you) option just to go "eww!/no way!/I don’t like that so I don’t want you to have it either!

I’m like…Fine, we get it. You don’t like elves and don’t want to see any more flavors of elf added. Knock yourself out and make a “I hate elves!” thread and complain all you want with like-minded elf-hating players over there. This thread is for people who like San’layn and would love to be able to actually play one.

7 Likes

Exactly. As for me? More flavors of elf please. As many as possible. There’s tons of troll types, tons of orc types. I don’t care if people don’t like elves. A lot of the hate is because they’re popular.

Guess what? I do, and I’m going to stay here and share my ideas.

That’s the beauty of it too. I’m asking for something to be added. Not saying “no it shouldn’t because I don’t like it” which really isn’t valid because guess what? You don’t have to play it.

Also this thread hit 400 likes so there. Idc if likes don’t matter :stuck_out_tongue:

11 Likes

Noticed a couple of smallish things on WoWhead.

First, they have a list of some rewards you get for each covenant. Venthyr have a Count/Countess title, which would be very fitting for a San’layn, IMO. You can see the list here:

The other thing I saw is that the PTR was updated to a pre-patch client, which means testing should be occurring soon:

Sounds like we may be seeing just how crazy-go-nuts the world will be with the undead across Azeroth going crazy soon.

As usual, I’ll keep an eye out for anything potentially San’layn related and share it here. Not sure what to expect with the pre-patch, but you never know whether we’ll see anything of interest. :bat:

5 Likes

Hi my spooky friends! I’m back here with support for San’layn. Don’t worry about the trolls, I get them on my thread too. Some of them have terrible reading comprehension.

3 Likes

I know it’s probably not that big of a deal but in passing I saw on WoWhead some items with the name of the blood prince possibly that drops from a boss.

Man if they just killed off the two missing blood princes and had it be that’s that I admittedly would be pretty sad.

But we’ll see what happens; I’m at work so don’t have time to post the link!

3 Likes

According to Wowhead, the PTR servers are up, which will allow players to test pre-patch stuff. I expect we’ll be getting more information soon, as well as the usual datamining party.

It would be a bit of a lame end, but on the other hand, there would still be regular San’layn beneath the princes still around in theory, right? Maybe it would give a reason for any regular San’layn survivors to band together and seek the Horde out to join them, especially if the royalty may have had their own ambitions and such.

Will keep an eye out for anything San’layn, of course. :bat:

4 Likes

Perhaps the San’layn will have a chance to be in shadowlands. Perhaps in later patches?

4 Likes

It’s always possible we could see San’layn appear in the story in some fashion. It would be fitting, given the nature of the expansion. Not to mention them being given more of a personality other than “TEH EBILS!” and them both rejoining their kin on the Horde and rejecting what Sylvanas has become has a lot of story opportunities. Also would make for a really awesome Halloween event, too.

Of course, if Blizzard remembers the San’layn are a thing, I really hope they don’t just shove them in to be part of Sylvanas’ boot-licking job squad, where they die and are forgotten afterwards with “TEH EBILS MOAR POWA BLOOD DEATH EMO EDGELORD RAWR!!” as their legacy. There is a lot more they could do with them than just a mook-of-the-month status.

Anyway, I still have hope we’ll see some Horde friendly San’layn at some point, but we’ll see how Shadowlands plays out. Even if they don’t show up at all in the expansion, that could be better than being part of the job squad as I mentioned.

Anything’s possible at this point. Let’s hope it’s them joining the Horde. :bat:

5 Likes

Yeah… bad news. Just kill fodder. sighs Taladram is one of the missing blood princes. I think this is a sign that Blizzard sincerely doesn’t want their story to continue and isn’t interested in San’layn, folks. It shows that where they show up, they’re meant to be killed.

It’s… disheartening.

Edit: I got my names mixed up, this isn’t Theraldis.

3 Likes
1 Like

Wow, nice middle finger to us, Blizz.

2 Likes

Edit: Wait, am I getting names mixed? Is Taladram one if the missing blood princes or was he one of the ones we killed?

So he’s back a third time then? :thinking: That somewhat changes everything. (And also shows apparently they weren’t dead… how long has he been around and how is he back?)

2 Likes

He’s from Ahn’kahet.
https://www.wowhead.com/npc=29308/prince-taldaram

3 Likes

Yeah, he’s one of my favorites too, I’m an idiot that got the names mixed up, wow. Well now I feel really stupid.

Technically speaking, that reverses everything quite literally because while these guys are once again kill fodder, it shows they’re back a third time…

But we don’t know by who? Maybe we’ll find out. I just really hope they don’t slam all of them with the villain bat >.>

5 Likes