San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed} (Part 1)

And let’s be honest here. Blizzard would take things from Warlocks to give to them anyway.

The did it with Death Knights and Demon Hunters.

But when you get down to the nitty gritty, they are pretty much the same class. Especially Affliction.

Necromancer
-Cloth Wearing Caster
-Curses
-Soul Magic
-Damage over Time attacks.
-Undead Minions

Affliction Warlock.
-Cloth Wearing Caster
-Curses
-Soul Magic
-Damage over Time attacks.
-Demon Minions

5 Likes

Ah Puch from SMITE has a cool style involving summoning corpses to blow them up. But yeah, a glyph for Warlocks would be much simpler.

7 Likes

This is a good point to the extent that they need a purpose in the story.

I’ve coagulated a listing here of things that have been brought up in relation to “San’layn aren’t fit for the Horde” and “San’layn need more story”. Indeed, I think everyone in this thread agrees that prior to joining the Horde, the San’layn would need more story and there’s gaps to be filled. That, however, is the case for every Allied Race that’s been added, including Mah’gar (we needed to go back to Draenor to see their fate), Nightborne (they needed to make a decision as to who to join), and etc.

7 Likes

Except for Dark Iron Dwarves, since they were already Alliance. They were most certainly an exception though, not the rule.

7 Likes

From what I’ve read, Forsaken will be able to tame Undead pets at the start while other races will need to get the item to be able to do it. It did get me thinking some about San’layn Hunters, though.

If San’layn become their own race or if customization races do get some differences in starting pets and skills, would it make sense for them to be able to tame blood beasts from the get-go? Sure, the item to tame blood beasts applies account-wide, but it’s a thought I had. Not to mention that there aren’t many blood beasts currently, but that can always be expanded upon in future expansion areas.

I suppose an argument could be made for them to be able to tame undead beasts as well at the beginning, though it might take a bit away from Forsaken. Besides, it seems like blood beasts might be something more fitting for them. Not to mention that I love seeing races get unique stuff to add some flavor and world building to the game.

I do think San’layn starting pets could still be bats, as in my opinion, that fits the most. Something reddish like this bat:

Maybe with more of a black mane than white. There is one similar to that thought, though with a green body:

Anyway, just a thought I had. Just seems like a race that is into blood magic of sorts would have some connection with blood beasts, if not their own types of blood beasts. :bat:

5 Likes

All allied races have had very good introductory/unlock quests that have explained properly why they joined.

San’layn would not be an exception to this obviously. And honestly, I think it would be preferable to add more Allied races that already exist in both lore and Azeroth itself rather than create new ones out of thin air…

San’Alyn have a rich history in wow and are one of the most interesting non-playable races.

I hope they get added to the playable options sooner rather than later.

6 Likes

Hi. It’s been a few days and I wanted to post some art because being positive is a good thing, and yeah… I love art, I might as well be a “Toreador” (Vampire the Masquerade reference) and at this point am on an art journey myself along with commissioning art. So without further ado, let me share some goodies I got recently.

The following piece IS NOT BY ME, IT IS A COMMISSION I GOT!

This is my San’layn Elias. Credit to: https://twitter.com/Ictus_Serpentis of whom did an AMAZINGLY PERFECT job with him, and I couldn’t be happier.

Now here’s some art by me unfortunately. I’ll have a commission of one of my vampires to share soon from another artist who’s far more realistic/established with their work, but you guys get to deal with my beginner art for now.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/734606233713115137/742622114644754482/Smoke_half.jpg

((Human vampyr anyone?))

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/734606233713115137/742622123675091004/Ares_half_far_better.jpg

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/734606233713115137/742622124950421595/goliath_half.jpg

Yep that’s all I got for this post.

Three cheers for San’layn and let’s hope we get some news for them soon. Gods know when that will be, but hey, I’m glad we can be upbeat here for the most part aside from my being a grump at times.

11 Likes

Ven’thyr numba one

inc?

You’re free to start/join a thread for the Venthyr. This isn’t a thread supporting them, however.

You predicted it

5 Likes

Not as >:( as I thought it’d be

should i be disappointed?

3 Likes

(No idea where this gif is from but the ‘done’ expression captures my thoughts perfectly)

3 Likes

I just meant I’d prefer the ven’thyr any day over a third blood elf mode.

Was there news?

Very neat.

Well you’ve said your piece, now I wish you the best of luck and all good graces in finding/starting that thread! :slight_smile:

No. I’m just sick of people screaming about ‘NO MORE ELVES’ and shoving in my face that Venthyr would be the better choice.

I disagree. They’re free to have that opinion, of course.

9 Likes

Thanks, I don’t want san’layn though so i’m happy staying here so that Blizzard knows it’s not something people universally want.

Ok, well welcome to the thread then and thanks for the San’layn support, we appreciate it! Your activity here says otherwise, so unless you go show support for Venthyr on another thread, the only thing your doing is bringing us more attention.

Which… is fine with me, really. You’ve said your piece, and I disagree, which we’ve established. On that, we won’t see eye to eye, which is just fine.

But, you’re accomplishing not much by being negative here as opposed to sharing rich ideas and imaginative things on an actual thread where Blizzard would see your ideas and possibly consider them for the Venthyr.

Just a thought.

9 Likes

Oh that’s what this says.

Yes, but I bared my fangs later so you’re welcome. :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: Why does this always happen seemingly when I share art or try to be upbeat? I swear some just wanna tear you down.

4 Likes

Not sure how you got the idea that disagreeing with you is a negative thing? I’m just saying that if they were to add a vampire-esk race into the game I would like it to be the Ven’thyr and not San’layn’s.