San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed} (Part 1)

This is brilliant. And I love the customization video.

3 Likes

Yes, but it’s Alliance, so it hurts my soul.

2 Likes

Not really big news, but Wowhead recently made an article on a new bat mount in Shadowlands:

It’s a reward from the following achievement, which involves defeating two mobs in the Castle Nathria raid on normal difficulty or higher:

Looks like something I’ll have to get in the future when I can solo the raid. Reminds me, I still need to get that Blood-Soaked Tome of Dark Whispers so I can tame blood beasts. Wonder when I’ll be able to solo that raid…

Anyway, thought I would link it since it looks like a mount that would be neat to see San’layn riding. :bat:

3 Likes

Yeah I do really like this bat model, I know it’s a modded one of the other bat model but I think it looks pretty neat. This also means we might see more variants of that mount in the future.

3 Likes

What we also need is pet commands special to bats. I need a damn bat on my shoulder like those freaking parrots!

5 Likes

Formerly Ðoomaxe, which I deleted once this toon hit max, here to support this thread.

Was banned from the forums back around April for making an emote that said “Go away you fairies” to elves. Anytime I think of the origins of elves I always think of them as fairy folk being small and mischievous. Not sure where that came from but that is always how I have thought of them so that emote was based on that not some crack at elf players. Well, elf players took it wrong and I got banned so basically said “F U” to the forums. Only on to show support and then I’m gone for another couple months.

Hi and bye everyone. :wave:

Being away from the forums has been actually nice especially with how toxic they are.

9 Likes

Yeah I hear ya! It’s why I pretty much just stick to this thread nowadays and post art to keep spirits up.

Speaking of which, I’ve another piece here today, this one is rather comical :stuck_out_tongue:

So one of my San’layn is in denial, he’s going through a redemption arc right now and formally was pretty bad news. Now, though, he’s turning into a hero (Like all of my toons, argh) of whom end up getting redemption arcs. It’s a curse.

Anyway, here he is ‘reassuring himself’ about how evil he is (he isn’t) in a handheld mirror.

Also, ripped ears is the spotlight for this piece, give us ripped ears :smiley:

12 Likes

You are getting better and better at proportions.

1 Like

It is always lovely to visit this Megathread ^^.

I hope San’alyn become an allied race one day, they are really cool. I would probably not play it since I always liked to be one of the “nice” gals but having more options is never wrong.

specially when it makes people happy ^^

4 Likes

Thanks! Yeah it’s certainly a journey, I think I won’ be up to par for another 6-12 months, say, since I just started and this is what… day 57? Around there. I’m a very new artist but like sharing here anyway since, you know, it could bring a tad bit of hype if that makes sense. Even if I’m so new. It’s kinda scary but at the same time… why not? At least I’m trying my best. That’'s what counts.

Thanks so much, that’s very kind of you! And I know how you feel to be honest–I actually can’t keep a character evil for the life of me. My guild pokes fun at it :stuck_out_tongue: Most of mine are anti-heroes, like Death Knights.

4 Likes

I mean there is Greyish Skin for the most part but mostly Light Blue Skin Tunes atleast in terms of Void Elves. But Void Elves are pretty much the closest thing to being San’layn/Venthyr atleast in terms of the design that is.

So far the Blood Elves pretty much don’t have the features what Void Elves do atleast in terms of Hair Color, Skin Tunes, Hairstyles, and etc. Plus with Death Knights being a thing. I think the Venthyr Transmog looks good on them more than Blood Elves.

Some of us don’t want to play void elves though. We want San’layn and Dark Ranger customization options for the Horde on the blood elf model or preferably as an allied race. Plus, to me, void elves look more light purple to me. I don’t see any skins that really compare to Death Knight skins or dark ranger skins. They’re always pretty off.

Nothing against void elves, I just prefer blood elves get Dark Ranger/San’layn customization because it makes much more sense and it wouldn’t be a middle finger to those who’ve been asking. We also don’t want to be stuck to one or two transmogs just to cosplay as the races we want.

12 Likes

Very hard pass on void elves for Sanlayn. Like if they can become them as well, sure, but most of us (yes, I’m basing these words off of what I’ve seen in this thread) would like San’layn on the Horde and I personally am not settling for anything until we either get a “never happening” or “yes, solidly, San’layn are on the Horde and you can aesthetically be one”.

9 Likes

Agreed. I wanted to try out a Void Ranger type mog, but I couldn’t get into it because the similarities visually to a Dark Ranger just made me wish I was Horde.

8 Likes

Undead Hunter Pets!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EesAlmZUEAATbh4.png

Not exactly San’layn or Dark Ranger related but they are opening up the Undead themes.

4 Likes

As somebody who loves to tame pets, I’m really hoping that they don’t lock this item behind a raid of any sort, and is something I can get by myself with Shadowlands as the current expansion.

I’m still sour over the Blood Beast taming item being locked behind having to do the Zul raid on Normal or above (LFR doesn’t drop the item at all), let alone the original planned way to get it being a raid group of only hunters on heroic. I have to wait until I can solo the raid to get that item, and I really don’t want to have to wait even more to get another pet family taming item.

-grumble grumbles-

4 Likes

WOOT That’s wonderful news! Holy blood, I’ve been wanting that for ages! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Edit: Also perfect for San’layn hunters! Huh? Huh? :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Maybe it’s just another step closer to actually getting Dark Ranger/San’layn options.

7 Likes

Well, it does mean Undead Stuff is no longer exclusive to Death Knights.

Hopefully we can get a Glyph for Warlocks soon so we can have full necromancers.

So San’layn and Dark Rangers are looking, ever so much, more likely.

6 Likes

I would very much be fine with Necromancers being a skin for Warlocks. I’m sure you could change all the skills to be more death related or themed, and it’d be a lot easier to do it that way as opposed to adding another class and all the headaches of coding and balancing it.

I’m sure some people wouldn’t mind San’layn Necromancers also. Seems like it would be a natural fit for them, IMO. :bat: :skull:

6 Likes