San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed} (Part 1)

EEEEEeeeeeeeKKKKKkk…!!!
Take it AWAY!
Flips hair and spills tea as he runs frantically for his Mumsie, shrieking at the top of his lungs!

4 Likes

Yeah I agree, like I said I think it’d be pretty cool to have like covenant unlock customization with some lore sprinkled in and boom, San’layn and other vampires.

I just don’t know if it’d make sense for worgen or forsaken? As those are different curse variants? But then they wouldn’t get stuff, so it’s a bit of a tight spot. But then… DK? So idk?

4 Likes

At that point do you just add the vampiric curse option to each faction with a subrace option to show which races could be “infected?”

Ally: human, night elves, dwarves, gnomes, draenei

Horde: orcs, trolls, tauren, blood elves, goblins

I wouldn’t think undead or worgen could be afflicted simply based on one is already dead and the other is already a manifestation of a druidic curse.

3 Likes

Yeah that could be a thing indeed, though the problem again is–worgen and forsaken would be gipped, so they’d have to get something as well. At least that’s what I think is fair anyway. I dunno, it’s always odd. Maybe ‘vampire’ customization would indeed be limited to what you said and Blizz could say ‘deal with it’? But then there’s the ‘I don’t play those races’… then… looks at Demon Hunters

To be fair I find the DH restrictions utterly silly and I play mostly elves. So it’s a pickle but there’s many possibilities.

2 Likes

Or they could just stick to San’layn being the remnants of Kael’s army in Northrend and the horde get them as an Allied Race.

Seems simpler that way :wink::blush::bat:

9 Likes

:pleading_face: :pleading_face::pleading_face: Gods I hope that is eventually a thing, though Blizz saying “Nope no plans for AR but community feedback” after saying “Wellp shadowlands races make little sense so but we could change our minds who knows” has me worried. Still, so many good points have been made in this thread, and who knows, they might be listening right now.

Watching us.

From the shadows.

Like San’layn.

Meaning we should have San’layn now Blizz! :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

A small skit I made.

6 Likes

You have these powers and make gnompire videos when you could make a video of the glory of the San’layn. :neutral_face:

All vampires are accepted here! Though of course I favor San’layn <3

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/419589093593317377/722355117491224616/Red_leaning_on_a_cane.jpg

Hey I might be a beginner artist but I’m still making more art :rofl: Might as well bring this one up too, because he’s another one of my 'layn.

Me: I’ll become a professional artist someday and spam art until we get San’layn (No of course I’m not gonna do that, but this thread is all about art, stories, and lore to bring about ideas so I’ll share when I wanna!)

Edit: Also have an orc https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/419589093593317377/722175498977017886/Mhysha.jpg (Not my character, drew this for someone else, said she wasn’t as muscular so I did my best!)

9 Likes

I figured Fallyn seems to have that covered already.

1 Like

I hated not having TL3, should be TL2 to post images.

Yeah ditto

:O­

4 Likes

I wish I could post images XD It would make sharing art here so much easier. To earn it back I have to read like 20k posts though and I don’t have the willpower to do so.

I appreciate it though! Long ago I could post images but alas, this is what happens when you have sass, and that–

Assumptions that one’s post is just fine to send through though can be a bit detrimental indeed if you go a bit too far in pointing out someone’s nonsense. Ah well! I’ll just keep trucking along in this thread.

3 Likes

I’ve only had one post flagged, upon several rereads I still have no idea why it was flagged.

Best guess is that I said, “I call racism because blizz hates green people”
I’m still not sure why it was flagged though since that’s obviously not serious.

­
Been a few days since I posted since I’ve been quiet recently so here’s my supports again

6 Likes

I saw night elves might be getting facial piercings too…

Come on Blizz, let us play goth/punk blood elves too. This body jewelry is so bloody pointless for those that wear transmog and don’t plan on playing practically naked.

Plus, in a vampire-themed segment of the expansion & major customization being pushed as a gigantic theme of it… why can’t we have playable vampire elves we saw in Wrath?

Just me being a grumpy butt today. The more I think about it the more frustrating it is that we’re not getting any additional lore for the vamps we saw in Wrath & Stormheim (even if just a side quest, come on it was cool!). Sorry, ‘not getting any additional lore as far as we can see’ anyway. But how late do they add lore into alpha/beta, anyway?

5 Likes

Adding onto this: I don’t see the point of them adding so many markings or pieces of jewelry to the thighs, since pants aren’t hideable anyway.

Female characters get only a few low res pieces per armor type to display them, and male characters are pretty much out of luck entirely.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m not a fan of Blood Elf Body Jewelry either, because you won’t see it unless you hide your armor skins, or wear nothing at all.

3 Likes

Speaking of Vampires.

It’s all one big Vampire Conglomerate!

2 Likes

Now I’m leaning more toward ‘nope not customization at all, there’s no blood elf customization that looks gothic at this point, Night Elves and Void Elves got it all, so we’d need an Allied Race to actually get that apparently’.

-.- It makes me so frustrated because the Horde has things like forsaken and etc. and yet they gave the Alliance the void-magic using elves that look interesting. Meanwhile blood elves were supposed to have nuance and flaws, yet that was all ‘cured’ with the sunwell and it just seems like they’re prim, prissy, and mary sue.

I guess to top my list off would be us getting actual gothic-looking hairstyles and piercings too, but the chances of that are so incredibly low due to the ‘blood elf aesthetic’. It’s also doubtful they’re going to share hairstyles between races (night elves and blood elves for example). Ugh.

5 Likes

So far, only the leveling quests have been added to the alpha. It appears that at least a good 1/3 or more of each zone is dedicated entirely to the max-level covenant campaigns, which haven’t been added yet. We don’t even see Kael’thas until the final scenario during leveling (I think? it hasn’t been implemented yet) or maybe even the raid. It looks like the leveling quests in all the zones have more to do with immediate threats to the zone and the anima drought, with the juicier lore figures and ties to Azeroth hidden behind the covenant campaigns. For example, we only get to meet Tyrande and Vol’jin after pledging to Ardenweald, Uther after pledging to Bastion, and Kael’thas after pledging to to Revendreth (don’t know about Maldraxxus).

Anyway, this is just me being wordy to say that there is still a lot of lore and story coming in the alpha that we don’t know yet! And while we may leave for new zones in 9.1, 9.2, and beyond, future patches may also expand on lore for the covenants, including the blood curse, etc. There’s still hope!

4 Likes

Yeah that’s a very good point and very true! Certainly brings hope for sure ^^ Maybe something like that would be the highlight of a patch among other things too, who knows. We will have to wait and see. In the meantime, we’ll keep sharing ideas as we always do. I gotta refrain from being a downer because that’s something important to keep in mind.

3 Likes