San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed} (Part 1)

Indeed! This is why I endeavor to be generally disliked by as many people as possible! That’s how I’ll know I’ve made it!

First my family, and then the world!

LOL. I guess I’m doing something right by your definition. But I like you, Rorrand.

3 Likes

No! NO! You’re messing up my master plans!!!

(But thank you, I like you too :stuck_out_tongue:)

2 Likes

I try to keep High Elf talk out of this thread except when it’s relevant.

But the reason that there are so many High Elf threads is because the main thread we keep to keeps getting locked and the people against it keep making their own threads.

I will leave it at that.

I agree that this thread is nice because of that.

6 Likes

I’ll see San’layn threads pop up from time to time but more often than not, someone will link this thread, which is pretty nice. Consolidating things makes a lot of sense. People will claim “we don’t accept other opinions and argue” and that’s simply not true. People can come in here and, as long as they’re polite, oppose San’layn all they want and give valid reasons.

I mean, I’m not going to sit here, nod my head, and says ‘yeah you’re right I no longer want this’, and am going to present my case with the knowledge that’s out there, but I’m not going to be rude about it. If someone’s nice to me with a differing opinion, I will be nice back.

The problem comes up when someone goes out of their way to be insulting and rude, which certain users will do on a regular basis. It’s tiresome, but luckily most of the community sees through their nonsense.

8 Likes

I also want to add that I still see people requesting San’layn outside the forum.

Like on youtube and twitter comments.

I think a lot of people want it but are less vocal because there’s a stigma against Vampire fans and another stigma against Elf fans on top of that.

4 Likes

I think it’s just that Blizz has made this game World of Elfcraft. It’s weird to have a fantasy world where elves are the most common race (races in WoW).

Still, I mean, at this point it can’t hurt to add some more. Give the Alliance the High Elves they’ve wanted so bad and for so long, and give Horde San’layn. AND THEN NO MORE ELVES! (for at least an expansion).

6 Likes

DEAL! I’ll shut up forever then :stuck_out_tongue: I’ll be too busy playing San’layn.

Edit: Also yeah I’ve seen it come up on Youtube and Twitter (and Facebook) sometimes but I see people favoring Venthyr over San’layn (I think? It’s mixed)

4 Likes

I blame that on Twilight. Not sure why people equate vampires with that movie. I’ve never seen that pile of crap and never will. That is not my style of vampire movie.

I equate vampires with the old black and white vampire movies and even Bram’s Stoker’s Dracula and the newer Dracula Untold. People need to stop thinking of vampires and Twilight together. It just ruins vampires all together when they do that imo.

7 Likes

nice concept but I can already predict the “yes I agree, nerf San’layn”

100% this. And it’s the ammo everyone seems to try and use against me when I ask for “vampire ELVES” too, as if you can’t look fine while still being monsterous as hell. Like I said in another thread, I’ve written novels (NOT fanfiction, MY personal work) with emphasis on vampires (Where I wrote my own lore) and they are DEADLY. They wiped out half the human population, for goodness sakes, and kill much of the time by ripping out throats, hearts, and eating them. Sure there’s protagonist vampires (that still kill rather brutally), but I’m NO Twilight fan.

I saturate my work with gore and anyone that walks up to me about “sparkly vampires” at this point might get a full gore scene at which point I will say “So, do my vampires sparkle now?”

5 Likes

Under the right lighting, gore sparkles too.

4 Likes

Fine, I’ll give you that one :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

When Dreven was shown in the Alliance war campaign, I do recall seeing some buzz on youtube and other forms of media speculating if they would become an allied race. I’m sure that helped to generate some interest, with some likely finding this megathread. Doing a google search for San’layn or Darkfallen also yields this megathread in the search results near the top. :sunglasses:

I do feel there is a decent amount of interest in them and, if done right, could generate some hype. Maybe if they were shown off with some other new races, like how BfA’s reveal trailer did it, it would be more well received and less focus on the “another elf race wwwhhhyyy” complaint, which would happen regardless of what they did.

My march of support continues on, regardless. :bat:

4 Likes

did they put you in the baby jail?
Its okay. We still accept you even tho you are a criminal.
Ive been forced into baby jail twice for a silly joke. Ya, it was a little nsfw but it is par for the course in vulpera civilization.

also, side note. GIVE ME THE DEMONIC VENTHYR CARRAGE BLIZZ !! q-q

2 Likes

Yeah, I was put in baby jail. It was lonely without my friends. But now I’m free! Criminal buddies for life!

Next time the fuzz gets ya just ask for a goblin lawyer.
They are surprisingly great at there job.
can i just say fallynn the amount of work you did to this thread is still extreemly commendable. Most mega threads for AR dont compare to how much dedication you did to create this.

3 Likes

I get to join the club. I’ve been smacked for my sass in the past, though I’ve mellowed out at this point because some can’t handle some justified heat >.>

Awww shucks, I really appreciate it, that means a lot :slight_smile: I did work extremely hard on this, I wanted to do the community some justice. I saw the megathreads popping up and was like “Alright, I’m ready for one on San’layn! Come on… where is it? It’s gotta be here somewhere… oh no.”

And so, seeing none, I decided to build up the community with one little post. We’ve come so far and I’m glad the environment we built can be a positive little corner of the forums :slight_smile: I know I can be a Desi downer at times (nickname is “Des” so that’s why the joke works) but truly, I’m thankful for you guys ^^

1 Like

So you are saying you willingly broke the masquerade ? wow. Shameful.

2 Likes

I find this such an odd thing. I loved Twilight growing up not crazy like I am about ASOIAF books or Hunger Games series but I did love them too. And I don’t see any relation to the two vampire portrayals. Wanting the San’layn in WoW, is just thrown to “liking twilight”? Is liking twilight supposed to be the insult or just belittling the San’layn either way I’m sad to see it, and it seems ludicrous to me that people would compare the two let alone sum up the San’layn as such when they’re completely different things having nothing to do with each other.

I’m a bit more of a fan of Undead BE customization in that I just want BEs to have the option to look like Dark Rangers. But I also support the San’layn I think it’s interesting and unique and should be an AR. But again none of it stems from my fondness of Twilight, so I hope I can add my voice as another person who can attest to the fact the San’layn have no relation to that portrayal of Vampire and shouldn’t be compared really.

4 Likes