San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed} (Part 1)

<—still would like an undead two pack…San’layn for Horde and ‘Redeemed’ (or whatever the heck you want to call light-infused undead like Calia) for Alliance.

Side note…my belf mage and undead rogue are totally going Venthyr for those armor/weapon sets :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I would like Playable Kyrians instead of Redeemed : ) Them angel wings. If you ever watched Supernatural it would be cool to have an angel race. But I like me some vampires too.

As long as I can be a Vampire Elf, I’m fine.

1 Like

I found the datamined dungeon/raid encounter journal of a certain someone of interest located here, though it’s mostly their spells/skills they use during said encounter. To see it, just click the name in the tab list (I think you can guess who):

I’ll be using spoiler tags to talk a bit about an interesting part of it.

Click this text to see spoiler talk within!

According to this, we’re being sent to help Kael’thas:

" Ministers of Vice :
As the fight begins, Sire Denathrius’s Ministers of Vice work to thwart the raid’s attempts to save Kael’thas."

Looks like his role might be to get him on our side to help with…something. Maybe it’s to save the world (of Warcraft!), maybe it’s to make the best nachos ever. Whatever it is, I have not come across that particular plot yet.

3 Likes

Everyone knows Kael’thas makes the best nachos! They’re… to die for.

2 Likes

That would totally be awesome if it did happen. I will be keeping an eye on that.

Gnomest didn’t actually create Gnomeferatu; it’s official Hearthstone stuff!

The reason why that’s interesting is because Hearthstone has seen plenty of its lore crossover into official Warcraft canon. Just off the top of my head I can think of the League of Explorers, the tortollans, the female worgen redesign, female satyr, and Morgl the Oracle.

So, yeah! You never know!

Yep! It was directly based on this Hearthstone card.

That model edit was basically just me bringing it to life in 3D. Also my friend Bipzi voiced the gnome. Can’t mention this without mentioning her too.

4 Likes

love what you’ve done. Wish they were available now. I have to say, if they were included in Shadowlands, I’d be a lot more interested in buying it.

4 Likes

I am thinking of making a machinema sometime with those models, but I have a bunch of project ideas currently lined up. Well see.

To the idea of Kael’thas getting redeemed and then becoming aligned to the Horde. I really like that idea.

Currently, we have Uther for the Kyrian, Cenarius for the Night Fae. Then Kael’thas for Venthyr and Draka for the Necrolords. Each of those characters have clear bias toward a preferred faction on Azeroth. Unless for some odd reason Draka just disowns her son.

Only hiccup is aren’t these people all “dead” since they live in the afterlife?

2 Likes

I suppose if they find some way to attach Kael’thas’ head to his body, he could then become a San’layn and escape from the dead area and come back with us to the living world.

Maybe living was just a minor setback…

Maybe, his time in the Shadowlands has given him the ability to reform or something. Maybe his new vampire form/ state of being allows him to be corporeal in the Shadowlands.

Seems like even when the thread started, there were a few people thinking Kael’thas should be redeemed. It’d be super neat if he was the leader of the San’layn, especially after seeing the new model (which needs fangs in my opinion if he’s related to San’layn or vampyr, but we don’t even know yet, so he might just be some spirit).

There’s been instances of people coming back from the dead all the time, so who knows. Perhaps we will find out over the next few months any sort of goodies coming out way.

It’d be cool if his ‘final form’ was one like Lana’thel, with wings. AKA similar to the art piece I commissioned a bit ago. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Going to the land of the dead was literally the only acceptable way to bring him back.

Or as the new Headless Horsemen.

2 Likes

I was thinking, which normally isn’t good, lol. Arthas was mentioned in some interview and Blizz said they don’t want to bring him back just as a fan service.

What if somehow he comes back to lead or organize the San’layn? If he leads Kael is his right hand man but if he just organizes them and then he steps away this lets Kael lead. That’s just one theory, which is a long, long shot but figured it should be mentioned. Have to cross out the wrong theories in order to uncover the right ones. :wink:

Right now there are 4 things that I see pointing back toward Ice Crown. The Lich King Bolvar, the Jailor which was the source of Ice Crown architecture, Kael’thas who was Arthas’s right hand man and just the mention of Arthas in that interview.

San’layn were in ICC so could we be heading back there? Maybe Arthas is on a redemption quest because his soul is being torn apart. Kael helps us as the go between and maybe we are popping in and out of the Shadowlands and heading over to ICC to broker a deal with the hidden San’layn no one knows about.

EDIT: Um, Arthas and Kael couldn’t possibly lead from the realm of death so that theory is terrible. Of course San’layn being undead could possibly be able to travel between life and death realms and that would make it possible.

3 Likes

I don’t have a horse in this race, but I’m curious what do you supporters think about the various Vampyr-cursed mobs that have been seen out in the world? It is obvious the curse appears to not just be exclusive to the Elvish races as other races clearly have been seen with it. What is you people’s stance on that? (I apologize in advance if this was already addressed somewhere in this thread.)

3 Likes

Oh no need to apologize, this is something I personally love to talk about extensively. It’s one of my favorite subjects.

My stance is this: I think various vampyr cursed mobs would be so neat, and could lead more to the origins of the curse. Indeed it’s obvious it’s not just elvish, I think it’s safe to say that trolls could probably get it too, since elves are mutated trolls.

Humans were titan made and turned from stone to flesh–so were dwarves/gnomes. I really think they could get it too. In that case? It seems like most with flesh might actually be able to get the curse.

Here’s something I poked at for discussion in a previous post, and how I think it would be super cool if they did this (again though, a LOT of work that might be unreasonable to expect, but this thread is about sharing ideas):

My opinion on that is this: The more vampires the merrier, the more exploring the lore the merrier, so long as San’layn are included and if they joined the factions, it’d be nice to see a little bit on the whole “yeah you’re cursed but use it in battle and fight for us rather than against it, go on your merry way” like DK and DH!

4 Likes

Yeah, the wings look awesome. I really hope full actual wings are at least a transmog option later on in the expansion. Still not sure what I think about covenant ‘races’ becoming allied races…doesn’t seem right for afterlives to pick sides when everyone goes there regardless of in-life political affiliation (or it did before the afterlife system got broken).

1 Like

I don’t know but a demon race and an angel race are races I always wanted playable Eredar for demon (or maybe like Shivarra) and the Kyrians look pretty cool.

I’ve always been a fan of Satyrs. But they would need heavy model updates.

All hail Blood King of the San’layn Kael’thas :bat:

2 Likes

The Banshee Queen approves of this. :wink:

2 Likes