San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed} (Part 1)

Dreven, master of the ancient Elven technique of Backpfeifengesicht.

3 Likes

What. A. Badass. Megathread! I want the San’layn! It would make me enjoy WoW so much more!

12 Likes

What this thread needs is more concept art.

More…

More!

MORE!

MORE!

7 Likes

DAMN that’s such a burn/threat that I felt the heat from here. It burned so hot that, ow, even if it’s never said, I’ll feel it like pokemon burned by Houndoom do. Wow. Could you imagine Genn’s reaction, though? It’d be glorious. Simply glorious.

Gods I love your Dreven, I really hope they actually look here for character development ideas too, these ideas are so rich.

We appreciate it! Yeah the option to have bat-like ears or nosferatu-esque ones would be on the top of the list for what we’d love to get for customization. I bloody hope we do, if it ever happens!

Thanks very much for the kind words :slight_smile: Hehe we’re constantly sharing ideas and trying to make it even better!

I agree and am so mad that I’m useless in that regard. I’m a writer, not an artist. The best I can do is get commissions of my toons, of which I do share here. I wish we had a way to get male model ideas too, that’s what we’re really lacking. Ah well! Someday we’ll figure it out :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Try being one and not being able to be productive do to a bunch of IRL crap and related issues caused by it.

It gets to ya!

Something like a cross between withered nightborne and a Blood Elf DK.

That almost sounds worse x.x oof, sorry to hear that D:

1 Like

I’m on the hype train now. I do not like elves but I do think Horde should get vampires one way or another since Alliance has werewolves. I also ran across them in the Alliance campaign trying to unlock my Horde war campaign mount and have to say they are the coolest elves imo. Wicked cool. I don’t play elves but I would play these guys if done right.

So I was looking through the info on San’layn on other sites and saw that they are undead. Now if you noticed we are getting basically reskins of all the original races for allied races. The only ones we haven’t gotten are Gnome, Worgen, Goblin and Forsaken aka undead. Even the Warcraft website has them marked as undead and that they have Forsaken traits. So I think it’s possible, though unlikely, that the undead allied race could be San’layn.

A 1% chance of this happening is still a chance just like those mounts we farm for. Sometimes we get it on our first run and other times we never see it. Just hoping this is that first run. :crossed_fingers:

6 Likes

OMFG!!! I have NEVER seen your beautiful, big, blue eyes, Your Majesty, my beloved Blood-Fallynn!!!

4 Likes

Sorry for the minor vent but it’s frustrating.

1 Like

Dude i finally got lanathel from the eternal transmogrifier. hype is real. needs to be a allied race

7 Likes

Yep! Mainly claws which would be super cool. I fancy a mouth full of sharp teeth. I know some people want rot, and while I personally am no fan of the idea, as an option it could work. I wonder if they’d offer straight back options to the forsaken as well.

To be honest I hate the lichfire eyes haha. I really really wish they could be red (and well that my toon was san’layn as a race of course!). I’m glad you like it though, they’re most definitely not blue in any art I get of her hehe!

No need to apologize! I understand entirely!

I agree entirely. Man i wish we could get wings but if even DH can’t have their wings out, I doubt they’d give it to an allied race no matter how cool. I really wish we could choose what that toy turns us into. I get so excited when I get Lana’thel or the Blood Princes. At least which expansion it picks from could be narrowed down!

3 Likes

So she can’t shoot lazer beams out of her eyes?

I still support a Horde Darkfallen AR! :heart:

I have this Void Ranger mog for my Void Elf; just the heritage armor paired with a purple hood (one that also gives a red eye glow; why is this Alliance only?). I rarely use it, since it just makes me wish I was playing an undead elf on the Horde.

9 Likes

Here’s something I threw together quickly in GIMP using the Blood Elf model.

The ears are rotated Night Elf ears. I got the idea from my brother, who tried rotating Night Elf ears for a different mockup and realized they looked bat-like.

6 Likes

i think when we use the racial our wings popping out would be sick.
Or the armor just having two long wings that come out, kinda like the warlock black temple / tomb of sargeris tier set.

1 Like

Makes sense, I think the Blood Princes use night elf ears (and well, a modified night elf model) but yet are blood elves. I will share some concepts as well ^^

Here’s one from one of my all time favorite artists, Galder:

(Source: https://twitter.com/galdersart/status/1024385555147223042) He did a piece for my male San’layn as well, and Falls (the one I shared the most recently).

Here’s a good image that I see a lot too, the only really really refined “model” art we have for males:

I really hope we get ears like this:

That would be really neat, I’d enjoy that for sure ^^ The tier thing maybe, like on heritage armor, but I hate how that’s tied to a helm. If the wings are tied to a FANG MASK though… I’d be A-ok with it ^^

Edit: That brings up an interesting thought though. Yay or nay on wings being tied to the San’layn heritage armor like there is on the tier set? Or perhaps the shoulder wings we see on the gif on the start of this thread?

10 Likes

oh my god. that art is amazing.
and that freaking detail on the allied race screen. 10/10

5 Likes

i know this is gana be biased. but that one.
it has a refined look to it with the cowl shrouding there teeth.

2 Likes

Ok, so I opened up discussion in the San’layn discord. We’ve come up with various ideas for male hairstyles, hidden in this arrow. I will label each one so you can quote and talk about what you like and dislike.

Hiding as not to spam, these are pictures

Number 1:

Number 2:

Number 3:

Number 4:

Number 5 (yes, this is from LoL, and yes, one of my ideas):

Number 6:

Number 7:

Number 8:

Number 9:

Number 10:

Number 11:

Number 12:

Number 13:

Number 14:

Number 15:

Number 16:

Number 17:

Number 18:

Number 19:

Number 20:

Number 21 (obviously this is a must have):

Number 22:

Number 23:

Number 24:

Number 25:

Number 26:

Number 27:

Number 28:

Number 29:

Number 30:

Number 31:

Number 32:

Number 33:

Number 34:

Number 35:

Number 36 (yes, I know I’m posting ALucard from Hellsing Ultamite again):

Number 37:

Number 38:

First: Yes, I know many of them are variations of each other or what we see on other races, but we all know they can be made different. As for the half-mohawk we see here, reminder that void elves have FLAT hair, and San’layn could have more of a poof. Feel free to share other hairstyle ideas for guys (or females that you have not seen yet in the video too). Again, these are just general and fun ideas.

6 Likes

No 1992 Bram Stoker’s Dracula?

1 Like