San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed} (Part 1)

Ask yourself ‘What if Sylvanas wins’ and that’s a good starting place for what might be the next expac.

Possible, Helya and Sylvanas had a deal. We know Sylvanas wants to excape what she sees as her fate, and that Helya wants to be free. If the deal was that Sylvanas would replace Helya this is more than a possibility.

2 Likes

So I’m exhausted from having to do multiple days of yard work in the near 90’s temperature because I have a few days of severe weather coming up, so it’s as good of a time as any for some more Dreven snark:

Dreven: (To Anduin) I see that road of good intentions you just oh-so love to pave, and I can only imagine the hell that awaits travelers there…you know, a lion is very fitting for you, considering what is going on within your territory. After all, your pride (The Alliance) cometh before the fall…and I look forward to seeing it crumble right before your very eyes. Don’t say I didn’t warn you…

With rain forthcoming, maybe I’ll finally have the time an energy to finish this Ogre scenario for the Ogre megathread and do some other writings. Right now, I need to just loaf for a bit. x- x

2 Likes

Huh… I never thought of it that way. What if she does win? That’d be interesting. But then there’s Bolvar. I think he’d perhaps actually side with us against her, so it’d be undead versus undead. It would be neat! Those with free will that go against her, such as the forsaken that dislike her actions and/or San’layn that feel the same would be playable, I think.

Man the more I read your ideas on him, the more I want them to be full reality. I love it so much. I want your version of Dreven for blood king. Plus… Male San’layn with wings? Heck yes!

Looking forward to reading your work ^^

I did try to log back on and in, but it failed. Curses! My beloved sunglasses are gone, gone, gone… (even though I have them equipped)

2 Likes

So a random thought came to me, thinking about what happens if Sylvanas is actually kicked out or killed off and such. I’ll attempt to let my Dreven explain:

Dreven: (To Thrall) Tell me, did you think that the world would just fall back into place with her removal? That the Alliance would just forget about their little war tantrum and we’d go back to sipping tea and eating crumpets as we talk about the weather? That our young and theirs would just be frolicking in the grassy meadows as we look upon the Alliance and call each other “brother”?! All we did is just slay one head of the hydra that just keeps sprouting more problems and putting both our people and this planet in peril. Not even a Winter Veil miracle would allow peace between us!

(Dreven sighs again and addresses the other Horde leaders)

It’s as if some sort of mystical force is manipulating events to always cause some conflict between us, no matter the danger to the planet. Peace will only end with one of us in pieces, and it is folly to think otherwise!

(Dreven sighes and composes himself)

That said, despite the mess the would-be lich queen has left us, the San’layn still stand with the Horde. I intend to do what I must for the survival and well-being of my people…but consider this, my friends. Perhaps it is time we think of the survival and well-being of ALL of our people instead of worrying about appeasing the Alliance. We have offered the hand of peace many times…perhaps it is time we have it wield an axe, instead…

(End Scene)

I have a bit of insomnia, so some of it I’m sure I could have done better if I had the energy to word it a bit better. I’m mostly just thinking of what would keep the San’layn within the Horde after BfA in a hypothetical situation. I see loyalty towards the Horde, but there is going to be conflict with the Alliance regardless of what happens. A reminder of the reality of the situation was the main point above. Seems like all members of the Horde, current and whatever future races join, will have stakes in this war, along with the need to band together for survival, and that the notion of peace just seems to crumble more and more with each passing moment.

3 Likes

Whelp currently on horde we don’t really have anyone that compares to the strength of the worgen. Devs said they are the strongest playable race. Sanlayn would be the perfect counter to them and also provide the werewolf vs vampire fantasy. Saberon could provide dog vs cat fantasy too, but thats a different story.

4 Likes

No… no way… really? So I would win a 1v1 (in lore) against a tauren or an orc?

Damn, I’ve been holding back! Time to hit the gym!

4 Likes

Plays Eye of the Tiger

6 Likes

NO

That is a song for cat people.

I’m obviously in the other camp.

:smirk:

1 Like

Use your rage!

5 Likes

Ah… our primary resource…

I see what you did there. Very clever… very clever indeed…

5 Likes

Yes lore wise humans are already powerful. And the worgen curse amplifies the strength massively as well as magics meaning harvest witches got upgraded to more powerful druids.

2 Likes

I just had a look at that video of potential Sanlayn Custom options. That actually looks pretty darn cool. I love the dark wicked vibe that kind of elf has.

Specifically this video in case you are wondering. This gave me a much clearer idea of exactly what the OP wants for this race and this is beyond what I was expecting. Even if this never becomes an allied race, I think that art is amazing.

7 Likes

Oh yeah that video, man some of those hair styles are what I’d snatch up right away for my toons. I do hope the devs take a look and get inspiration for it. All of those ideas are open for their use if they wish.

Edit: Oh, so when I mog my helm to the halo it shows, but not my sunglasses?! FLIPS TABLE

5 Likes

So another day of a PDS tornado watch, which again was thankfully uneventful where I am, and I was in the mood to think up some more Dreven snark:

Dreven: (To Genn) Hmm, somehow I feel as though that princess of yours is around somewhere. Needing another meat shield, your majesty? Maybe this time you won’t need to sacrifice your child!..but I’ll make you a deal. If she ends up as a pin cushion for our arrows, I’ll make it a fair race to see who is first to bite her (he grins) and see to whom the cursed one shall curse with their new breath!

Let’s just say he is not fond of the Alliance at all. :V

1 Like

What’s the PDS?
Same here, luckily it all formed the south or north and went eastwards, so nothing here. Day before yesterday it was all to the west and kinda did the same.

The particularly dangerous situation (PDS) tornado watch was issued for my state Monday and today. It basically means that the ingredients for severe weather are to the point that any severe storms that pop up would be capable of producing several mile wide tornadoes that can travel for several miles. They can also pop up suddenly at any point and time without warning, causing a lot of destruction and panic. The month of May is far from a fun month for me. x- x

Still, not nearly as furious as the rage the San’layn would have on the Alliance should they get to be playable! :smiley:

1 Like

Not seen that acronym used.
you in or near Oklahoma as well?
Agreed, May blows. Ended up homeless May 3, 1999 for about 3 months.
We were hit by the big one. Pretty lucky to still be here as a number of neighbors didn’t make it that day.
Got interviewed a couple years back and I’m on this episode of Make it Out alive about tornados…it’s weird seeing yourself on Tv and even weirder seeing the dramatization and knowing some kid got paid to pretend to be you. O_o

My hope is that sometime in the future, I can get out of tornado alley. 6 years ago Monday had an infamous tornado pop up that destroyed the building my mother was in (she lived) so it’s especially worrisome when it gets to be tornado season. -o -

Hopefully the weather calms down so I have some time to do some allied race writings before my summer class begins. I got a lot of ideas I need to type up, but it is a bit hard when it seems like the apocalypse outside. <- <

1 Like

Certainly know that feeling.
Both of my siblings live in Moore, tornados like going there just to smash stuff.
They’re planning to move out and build houses closer to here, but it’s still gonna be tornado alley. My brother was looking at underground and/or concrete homes for that reason.

It’s certainly anxiety inducing…especially when you have a bit of PTSD from last time.

I checked the radar app, saw things were south or northeast and not heading this way and had gone out to the shop to work on some knives.

those nosferatu-esque ears are really well done.

if implemented they may just take top the allied race spot.

6 Likes