Same phone number on two battle.net accounts?

Hi, I’m trying to get my 4 extra bag slots. I have two battle.net accounts and when I try to add my phone number it says “This phone number is already in use for another account.”

I can use my same authenticator for both accounts, why not the same phone number? I can’t get my 4 bag slots until I add my phone number to my account.

I can’t merge the accounts to a single battle.net account, they need to be separate. I also can’t remove the phone number from my other account, then I would lose the bag slots there.

Are there any other solutions?

And honestly I probably wouldn’t care but the little “+” icon on my bag drives me crazy and 4 extra bag slots would be awesome.

Thanks for the help!

There really isn’t anything else you can do, as you can only have 1 phone number attached to 1 account. From what I’ve seen, the phone number is both a security and a limitation issue.

1 Like

For some clarification, it used to be that you couldn’t use the same authenticator on multiple Battle.net accounts. Our Devs were able to change that and so it can be used on up to three different Battle.net accounts.

I’m afraid that does not currently extend to the phone number, as it needs to be unique per account. Will that change? Can it? I can’t say, but that it how it works for now. Sorry, Allfliezonme.

3 Likes

Ok. Thank you for the help. If you’re willing to provide feedback up your chain: it would be nice to be able to have the ability to use the same phone number for two battle.net accounts. Thanks!

5 Likes