Same person AH botting for 3 weeks straight - Unresolved

I understand that you may believe you are certain that they are botting, Sheilla, but you really don’t have any way of knowing. If you have reported them there are two possibilities.

One, the investigation is still ongoing and our Hacks team has not yet taken action. They often will wait once a bot is verified to try to figure out how the bot works so that they can do more than just catch the one but have a much broader impact by hitting those others that may not have been reported.

Two, you are wrong in your suspicions. There are a number of legitimate addons that help players navigate the Auction House and scan for high-value items, including some functionality to help them snipe those items and/or replace their auctions to underbid. It is also difficult to verify that someone has been on 24/7 unless you yourself have been on 24/7 to witness it.

I get the frustration, Sheilla, but if you’ve reported them you have done all you can do.

Hopefully, this is just a tongue in cheek comment, but I’d be remiss if I didn’t say … I’d highly recommend against that, Sheilla. I’d hate for you to find how wrong you are by losing access to your account.

Be sure to forward that to hacks@blizzard.com, that is the best option. Nothing will come of posting here, we cannot initiate an investigation as a result.

9 Likes