Safe to say WoW community council is a total failure?

Was a publicity stunt from day one, it hasn’t achieved anything other than major drama.

Currently on the WoW community forum the engagement is beyond pathetic and honestly was a waste of time and what little resources to try bamboozle the playerbase.

66 Likes

Its GD but Green :nauseated_face:

27 Likes

While I like the intention behind the idea…buy yeah kinda too inactive.

I was hoping for some fierce conversations where developers respond to tough questions

9 Likes

How was it a failure? What are the parameters of success here?

5 Likes

Achieving literally anything?

Spark discussions between the council and the devs to improve the game for the larger playerbase?

How is it any different than GD?

21 Likes

Yeah how dare the blizzard devs have to work on making 10.0 on time AND not talk to every single community council member threads, they should be forced to talk to us 24/7, the NERVE!

3 Likes

I guess players are better off shouting at brick walls than posting contributions to the community council :thinking:

9 Likes

It’s achieved things. You might not value what it’s aciheved but that doesn’t mean it didn’t achieve anything.

It’s certainly done this.

It’s more focused and the quality of the posts there tends to be higher.

4 Likes

You’re going to have some say it’s not fully formed but it’s obvious at this point it’s nothing more than a pr stunt.

4 Likes

It’s a Blizz-approved tiny sample of people that will never represent the larger population (and isn’t intended to - there are no systems in place to make it so, making the entire premise garbage from inception), in a system that launched with a tiny fraction of its members invited.

This should NOT have been a “invites over time” thing. They needed to figure out who was in and get them all invited Day 1. Launching it without everyone present kinda defeats the purpose. Now we’re in a situation where major discussions have been had without input from most of the members, because they literally could not participate.

But, as mentioned, there really is no purpose to begin with other than the equivalent of a “we’re listening!” PR post. It’s trash.

21 Likes

What major changes has the game seen based off the merits of the community council that was otherwise impossible without it?

Please enlighten everyone.

4 Likes

I think that’s why you view it so negatively. You seemingly expected to see IMMEDIATE changes since its inception. Game development doesn’t really work like that though.

You can’t even prove with 100% that something posted on the community forums directly impacted the game, even if it did.

3 Likes

So your entire argument is based off nothing more than your assumptions as until changes are announced or implemented you have 0 proof that anything is actually being done.

You don’t even have a shred of evidence that the community council has done a single thing yet you say that have achieved things.

Show me a thread with major discussions between the council and devs and an announcement of their plans to implement said changes based off their feedback.

If the playerbase cant actually see the work the CC& Devs are doing on the forum that is created just for this reason and you say “we dont even know if the changes are discussed on these threads” then why does it even exist?

4 Likes

I guess we found Taliesin’s NA alt.

9 Likes

-Qaulity posts are being seen by higherups at Blizzard
-They are being responded to by said higherups
-Philosophies and future plans are being communicated
-Blues are being protected from the vitriol of the community

etc. etc.

Like I said, these may not be things that YOU personally value, but they were a lot of the goals of the community council.

2 Likes

Proof, again these are YOUR assumptions.

Which higher up has seen this? What has been done?

What were the goals? The council members themselves didnt even get that memo champ.

If you even kept an eye on the CC news there has only been 1 major drama associated with it and a certain member specifically said that they had no written goals just generic be nice clauses.

4 Likes

You can read the posts and literally see WoW developers responding to them. Here, look for yourself:

The goals were very clear. Watch the announcement video here where they detail the goals of the community council.

How do you know? Did the council members not watch the video?

1 Like

What would you think they could “achieve”? I think the idea was that a hand-picked group of mostly top players would come up with fresh, new ideas that had never been discussed in the forums before. I personally don’t think this was realistic, but even if it was it is probably too late at this point to have any influence before 11.0.

1 Like

How dare you insult Clark that way! :triumph:

I expected daily back and forth with Blizzard employees. I haven’t even looked at it (mainly because I can’t post there so who cares).

How often does Blizzard post?

For a BILLION DOLLAR COMPANY they should designate some people to be posting ACTIVELY on these forums. I do it for fun. I’d post even more if I was getting paid for it.

3 Likes