Sad Server Transfer News from a GM

i’m still amazed so many people rolled on pvp servers not expecting this lol, pve for life!! i learned my lessons back in vanilla.

1 Like

As an ex-Customer Service Associate, I promise you, I never got pulled into any meetings. Only thing I was told was to keep doing what I was doing :cocktail:

If people want answers, you have to go to the head honchos. The henchman have nothing to do with the final decisions :cocktail:

What does it mean for a game to “die”? And fix what? That Gankfest Servers don’t have a turn off “PvP” ruleset for 5 seconds, so y’all can peacefully walk to BRD? Gimme a break! :cocktail:

Naw. They can just turn on free transfers at will. :rofl:
Seriously. At least they replied. :rofl:

Blizz set the bar on the ground. Realize this and don’t set any expectations above it. They are adding the framework for exactly this with today’s patch.
Guess that’s being done just because. :rofl:

Blizz. Omg. Wake up over there. Your communication is bad on every level it seems. I can offer my services as a communications advisor for a fee. Hmu.

1 Like

“Balance” is a word that should be banned from Classic.

These customer support responses don’t look genuine to me. They wouldn’t disclose server imbalance to a random.

Instead of wasting your time with all this info that we already know or have readily available you could have solved the problem yourself by choosing the server you want to play on and leveling up. Stop asking customer support to fix a problem that you can fix yourself.

They are literally adding paid transfers today. Just not enabled. You think they did that just for funsies?

They altered the Vanilla experience in plenty of ways and then they didn’t take the very basic steps to protect the long-term integrity of some of the most basic systems. 1: Economy and 2: Faction balance. The fact we have bots walking around all over the place makes me feel Blizzard is absolutely incompetent, I know they’re not, but staring at a bot every day is truly grating. They used the new client so that this wouldn’t happen, yet here we are. Bots are reported over and over again yet they stay around for a good solid month or so before they’re finally removed.

Faction balance shouldn’t have been that difficult. Just giving the players some basic information to make informed choices would have helped. Believing in the game rather than believing it was going to die would have been good too. They keep taking steps to prevent the catastrophic failure of Classic, but have only exacerbated quite a few other issues by not reading into just how popular it has been.

15 years and they didn’t try to get ahead of some of the most basic, underlying problematic issues of WoW. :frowning: I am glad they did get ahead of servers collapsing through lack of players, but faction imbalance is causing players to leave.

obviously pvp servers are high in undead population, the same way pve servers are high in human population for rep grind. the thing that makes me laugh is 50% of every pvp server is undead, while the average amount of alliance warlocks is about 8%. so let them all roll undead if they want, they are countering nothing in the end and losing high burst racials that ally doesnt have access to. any warrior or priest is dead before their 2 sec fear comes off CD again if u use ur trinket. i dont see the problem, lots more ez horde to farm that hit like a noodle. imagine if every caster or melee went with almost half their cast speed reduced when it matters, or 25% bonus damage on their 1k+ crits, instead of having a fear removal button they never use? i already find way more use out of gnomes racial.

Totally legit, here’s the link again to the screenshots. Please remove the * from the url.

imgur*.com/a/RmxM42p