S4 honor gear rating requirements - one more time

If people are better skilled they shouldn’t need a gear and a skill advantage.

3 Likes

I never said you did but it’s the same reward for playing much like pve, be the best in pve get best loot, same for pvp only makes sense.

Look at the stat difference from s3 to s4 if you think them having s4 boots vs your s3 boots makes them wreck you then you are just clearing looking for reasons to blame rather then looking at your own play.

That arguement is just stupid though, better players deserve worse gear? Like use your brain come on. And I got 2300 this season in season 1 gear. So I did have a gear crutch and still did fine.

No it does not make sense. PVP isn’t PVE, no one steps in to kill illidan for the week to find out this weeks version has an extra million HP. Everyone gets the same bosses, with the same exact stats.

Why put rating on the honor pieces and take it off the arena pieces. If they are going to not follow how it was, don’t cross connect the gear bought with honor points with arena rating.

No one said anything about getting wrecked over not having boots/ring/bracer.

Good for you getting 2300, still doesn’t mean catering to a small % of players is good game design. The game is setup that everyone can be X rating. Its always some top 1% player spouting off how he got his F everyone else.

1 Like

Once again check the stat difference per season before you put forth such insane numbers like 1 million hp. You are literally taking like 3-4 strength and 5-6 stamina. But like I’ve said if you need a thing to blame for low ratings then sure blame it that everyone has better gear then you so that’s why.

I see you have no real rebuttal anymore and have reduced yourself to calling me bad.

The sword cuts both ways. If the S4 isn’t much of a difference compared to S3, then there is no good reason to make it inaccessible to a bad like me by gating it behind a rating.

How bout I blame you as warrior for having overpowered abilities like mortal strike?

You are going to get yours when Lich King comes warrior.

1 Like

I said something to that effect but he’s taking out of context just to put the blame on the players rather than the system in place.

I don’t agree with this. So, because you are good you shouldn’t be rewarded ?

BTW, i would prefer rating only on weapon/shoulders but i don’t agree with what you said.

The million hp was just a quick example to illustrate everyone gets the same pve experience. so do not try to relate pvp gear to pve gear.

Don’t assume because i am against this does not mean i didn’t reach the rating to get these items, or do not plan to reach it again. However I realize I am not the only one who plays this game, the brackets show that for the bulk of the players this is not good.

1 Like

I’m not gonna get into the “1350 would be 1750 in tbc” fight but I’m going to say that the design decision to make bg rewards locked behind arena ratings doesn’t make any sense to me, especially now that most of the arena gear isn’t even locked behind arena ratings, like i can buy a brutal chest at 1000 rating but I can’t buy the set’s appropriate level bracers until i’m 1575? why? Either you have it all require rating or you have none of it.

2 Likes

First of all I don’t play a warrior but a warr in s1 gear getting 2300 in season 3 would be a pretty good feat. I think everyone is kinda spinning words here, it’s why does it matter if you aren’t competing for like a glad title to have the absolute best gear. Like I only do ZA and Kara and don’t expect to get black temple or hyjal quality gear.

Or do you guys just want the gear to like “complete the set”. I just never got that mindset that every single player should be walking around in the absolute best gear. Imagine if every single character was bis I think that would be horrible game design personally.

And yes I do think they should have adjusted things based on the new crappy player base like make rings and stuff 1300 rating instead of 1700 but I mean the 1200 players would just complain about that too. This just sounds similar to the people on retail saying they should get mythic raid quality gear from world quests. Like everyone just wants the best gear handed to them without having to improve at all?

That’s like you do illidan wipe 10 times and just expect the game to be like “okay you tried here’s the loot” but I mean to each their own.

Wouldn’t it feel good to be trying to push 1600 for weeks, finally hit it then grab that new pair of shiny boots! No sense of accomplishment anymore I guess

They could ‘zero out’ (i.e. remove 1500 rating from all requirements) and there would be no complaints from anyone who wasn’t outright trolling.

Better players deserve the same gear. It’s a tenet of any pvp game that you are on a level playing field. This is why all of WoWs most active and adored seasons had easily acquired gear, or templates.

3 Likes

Yep. WoD had plenty of issues but gearing for PVP wasn’t one of them.

1 Like

just wait for dragonflight im not spending anymore gold on leggos i can take a wow break,

Killing dragons isn’t the same as fighting players.

1 Like

Not the same thing at all; illidan does nit get more compex to win as the game goes on or as the players involved get better.

We dont need power rewards for playing well in pvp; I want things that are unique for sure and set me apart; cosmetic rewards do exactly that.

As for power factor gains; man thats some weak game to think we need a gear advantage vs new and average players. I don’t feel any sense of accomplishment by getting a new set of PvP gear that I just replaced last season; seriously could give a rip since I have been doing exactly the same crap over and over since 2007.

What I do want are more players on the ladder, better competition and in turn more fun.

Any one doin PvP thats doin it for gear is straight up doing it wrong; that crap is for PvE and I dont even care about replacing BiS over and over again there either. Parsing yeah, but gear??? Who gives a damn!

2 Likes

This is why honor gear should only be 1 season behind arena gear, not 2. That is a change to TBC I would have been in favor of.

2 Likes