RWF - Don't turn Mental Health into a scapegoat

the community has no right to mock them but they bring it upon themselves by hyping it up, organizing stuff like social online events to bring people together and increase viewership while doing insane grinds

it’s part of the job description when you are a wf raider you cant say you didn’t expect this, burnout is too obvious when you see these guys do what they’re doing

1 Like

probably more than a little bit of both.

3 Likes

This is exactly why so much is broken today.

Ignorant people get on their soapbox and make ridiculous claims based on zero knowledge, and it’s up to everyone else to pretend “everyone’s opinion matters.”

You are super kind in your response but I wanted to point out that all you said can be true……and mental health still can be used as an excuse. Just like any other valid issue can be utilized for ulterior motives. Like Mr. Smollett for example didn’t invalidate racism as a real issue just because he did what he did.

Is that happening here? No idea, but saying someone used mental health as an excuse doesn’t invalidate mental health issues. I actually think OP tried to make this clear wayyy up near the beginning of the thread. I think so at least, could be wrong and maybe I was being overly charitable on my reading.

Edit: I also want to be careful not to focus so much on the issues faced by those who bow out that we don’t acknowledge that the winner usually won by overcoming many of these same issues. You don’t think Echo dealt with some of the same stressor and overcame them? I thinks it’s likely.

1 Like

You know, people are different. It’s the same with normal raid groups and other normal people. Some guilds tried to progress on Painsmith for months and didn’t stop, while other guilds were burnt out after a month and quit.
Echo even mentioned that they were exhausted and burnt out too, but they managed to continue anyway.

I just don’t get why you or any other person should judge Liquid for stopping and get a break. Is this some kind of saltiness that they didn’t continue winning, I’m too european to understand?

And so they did. I don’t see any problem in bringing some entertainment for so much time and then take a break. They’ll continue and it’s not part of the job description being bots for a few weeks.

This is honestly probably the most likely scenario. Which who could blame them? What they did isn’t being stuck in WW2 trenches for days, but it was definitely a hard thing to endure.

it is part of the job description

you know why

because these people are the ones who are writing and changing this job description by doing insane grinds 24x7 every day also paying people to give them tier sets

they’re the ones who are creating the social pressure on themselves

I’ve read every single one of your post OP-- I stand by what I’ve stated.

Absolutely it can happen, but the question here, is when is up to us to judge people for claiming it? When do we, as strangers, who have no idea what’s going on in their lives, toss out the judgement, it was used as an “Excuse”?

This was the biggest flaw in OP’s statement-- We can’t. We have no idea what’s been going on in their lives. We’re on the outside looking in without the complete picture being painted.

3 Likes

Uhh… so they can put the social pressure also away if they’re the ones writing the job description. :smile: They’re the ones who decide what to do and what not and the public got enough entertainment out of it. I don’t get what your point is, sorry.

Thank you! I find it best to have genuine discourse. Insults get people nowhere.

I’m not going to argue that it can’t be used by some as an excuse, but I don’t want it to become the generalization by society that it usually is. It’s sort of the argument that all girls who play soccer wear shorts, but not every girl who wears shorts plays soccer. It isn’t a one shoe fits all scenario, which was my understanding of the OP’s original post.

4 Likes

my point is you can’t act surprised that your mental health is showing up if you show up at a job knowing you are required to put in insane hours and still choose to go ahead with it

blizzard never said raids don’t go beyond 7 days or 10 days, its their own assumption that “we didnt expect it will go on for so long”

there is no guarantee made by blizzard that people can clear mythic in a few days or 1 or 2 weeks

100%

But we also don’t know what’s going on with the OP to make such a post. So, I couldn’t help but note the irony of people being very toxic towards OP while trying to appear virtuous.

Some even actively accused OP have having symptoms of mental illness and then were awful to OP. the hypocrisy was thick.

He literally told me disagreeing with him was dehumanizing him. Just disagreeing. The fact that didn’t get your troll spidey senses tingling, my dude. :smirk_cat:

3 Likes

Honestly man I just missed that post. I see your point though if that was said.

Look at my post history and you’ll see it. I’m mobile atm.

Lol this thread survived the flagging. Happy Sunday.

I’m not going to make that claim. I don’t know OP or their situation, but the clues they’ve left in their post, I can understand how others have come to that conclusion.

My only ending thought was there seemed to me to be a real misunderstanding on mental health and a lack of compassion or empathy toward those that claim it.

That lack of Empathy and Compassion usually stems from the lack of understanding.

Yeah, you are worse than me because instead of discussing the topic you are just attacking me. Shows that you’re pretty horrible and you’re accusing me of doing what you’re doing right now.

Petty and small.

how about we dont gatekeep mental health, hm?
your post is really gross.

3 Likes

This is either a successful bait thread or the op is a masochist.

2 Likes