Rushing Content?

It’s fairly obvious that Blizzard is rushing the rate at which the phases are being released. Yes, its a 15 year old game but the joys of Classic (to me anyways) is being able to get to a good stopping point before each tier. Not as possible during these breakneck releases!

The only thing that would make this somewhat okay is if they released fresh start servers after P6 has expired. This gives people a new opportunity to do the play through again (which is what we’re already doing).

3 Likes

It’s not being rushed. It’ll all be there as long as the servers are up.

2 Likes

And you can still do all the Classic raids except for Naxx on Retail.

The point is how relevant it is. The faster we get to AQ/Naxx, the less the others will be ran by the masses.

This is why I feel its being rushed.

1 Like

Blame the players for being content locusts.

8 Likes

LOL. If servers stay at Classic for lets say 2 years before anything else, alt raids and opposite faction raids may take place. And people will still farm them. Especially the majority of casual guilds and semi-casual guilds.

Patch 1.6: Assault on Blackwing Lair - July 12 2005
Patch 1.7: Rise of the Blood God - September 13 2005

It’s not rushed. Go away.

9 Likes

This part isn’t rushed, but the other parts have been.

Plus the dragons are coming out way early so how does that work?

We’re going to see all 6 Phases in about a years time.

Yes. If they do fresh servers it makes things more interesting imo. Those alt raids aren’t the same as core raids are during their relevant phase.

So what. It’s not as if it’s going to release and vanish after X amount of days. People consume content at a much faster pace than they did 15 years ago. Rag took 6 months to die in vanilla. In classic, he died in 5 days. Relax and enjoy yourself.

3 Likes

You’re already doing a replay of the game. Some of us just want more replay options available as well.

I am trying. That’s why I’m posting that the phases are going so quickly.

Unless they release fresh start servers down the road. Then it’s a wash.

The phases aren’t going quickly, you’re just overreacting because you saw a blue post announcing future content and being a contrarian, so I won’t indulge you anymore.

2 Likes

All of the content will still be available and even relevant (except to min/maxers) all the way into Naxx. I know I will personally be making a hunter alt after I get this char some AQ40 gear. All I care about is having a hunter in tier 1 with the quest bow eventually and I will be happy.

2 Likes

I love gearing alts, it just isn’t as rewarding to me when I can bank roll my toons or have others around me that are alts geared to the teeth. I find the total progression to be one of my favorite parts.

Trying to get my Warrior and Shaman to 60 before AQ so they can have some fun too!

1 Like

the steamrolling of content by the masses ends somewhere between twin emperors and cthun. will be interesting to see if blizzard accommodates this with a slower naxx release or keeps it true to vanilla and leaves more casual guilds behind

1 Like

Very true. I think once roadblocks start to set in more we could seem they loose up on the reigns. It probably is difficult to hold back on content, when the “new” releases are being cleared by PUGs already.

But that’s assuming AQ is as hard as we think it to be.

kronos had significantly more blizzlike values in raids than the infinitely more popular nostalrius-core servers, and even there, the majority of raiding guilds who cleared BWL relatively quickly upon release failed to clear aq40 in a timely matter. i think these more casual guilds are gonna have a rough time

1 Like

the faster we get to classic tbc the better.also to keep players subbed to classic wow they need to release the content fast.

vanilla was always a shallow game all thats left in classic wow is raid releases.anyone that doesnt raid is pretty much gone now.

2 Likes

Have you ever thought about not funneling your alts gear…? To get the challenge back…

I’m sure blizzard is in a hurry to turn classic wow into modern wow so they can have 2 failing games.

2 Likes

Please read my whole statement.

I too would like the option to play both versions. Resets would help me alternate focus between the two as well.

1 Like

Sorry I actually misread that.

1 Like