Runeblade of Baron Rivendare

We’re unsure if this is a bug or intended such as Windsors haste buff or the infinite stacking of DMT buffs. However, in this video you can see how you can utilize the Unholy Aura from the weapon to “snapshot” your current +healing gear, switch out to a different set of gear, but maintain the Healing per 5 seconds from your +healing.

Additionally, you can also notice that the Unholy Aura (https://classic.wowhead.com/spell=17625/unholy-aura) scales at a 1:1 ratio with healing gear. This will ultimately allow Paladin, Warrior, and Hunter to stack a massive amount of healing gear, collect the snapshot, then swap to their DPS gear while maintaining unheard of regeneration. Which, yes, as you can see in the video works while in combat.

Indicated lists suggest the following MAX +healing by P6:

• Paladin: +1762 Healing
  • Warrior: +1730 Healing
  • Hunter: +1730 Healing

This is effectively a max roll of a Major Healing Potion every 5 seconds.

Some items and auras may have been missed, such as Priest’s Atiesh Aura. Additionally, we have not tested whether Power Infusion effects the “snapshot” of the aura its self or the actual gear.

If we assume PI does add to the snapshot:

• Paladin: +2114 Healing
  • Warrior: +2076 Healing
  • Hunter: +2076 Healing

Before everyone loses their mind. This does not open up the possibility of a single Paladin, Warrior, or Hunter being able to solo every raid boss. Even raid bosses such as Ragnaros pump out ~5000 damage every 5 seconds through FR. It would allow for some interesting shenanigans though.

Confirmation on Unholy Aura would be desirable from Blizzard.

3 Likes

Since the assumption is that the wiki is correct, I’m going out on a limb and saying the wiki is wrong and that this is all hearsay.

1 Like

it’s not from a wiki - its from multiple independent comments from vanilla all the way through to MoP iirc all claiming that the Runeblade had 1:1 scaling from +healing

for reference:

Runeblade of baron rivendare health regen scales with SP

https://github.com/LightsHope/issues/issues/925

By Zansky on 05/30/2010 (Patch 3.1.3)
The life regen upon equiping seems to be 30hp5 increased by ~100% of your spellpower
On my ret pala it’s ticking well over 1.5k hp every 5 seconds, which makes it awesome for passive healing, should you ever need that

By harmil on 02/08/2011 (Patch 3.1.3)
Has this item been massively buffed of late?

I got this in an LFD group on my pally. I never really used it because I’m prot almost all the time, but I wanted to catch up to a friend’s leveling toon, so I went and did some questing. After a while I noticed my health was never dipping below 90%. I thought that was odd, but let it go. Tonight I took some heavy damage in the mines in Blasted Lands and bang I was back to full health in a few seconds as I turned in the quest. I’m a bit out of touch with Ret mechanics, so I thought there was some passive self-healing that was going on, but that seemed a bit unbalanced…

So tonight, I checked and indeed, it’s the sword. Since it has no STA, it was easy to test. I put on my highest STA gearset (pre-TBC, mind you) which got me up to 4131 health. Naked, I’m at 2361. Taking off all of that gear and putting it on with the sword equipped and without it, I was able to generate the following numbers:

With sword: 1770/26sec = 68.1 health/sec
Without sword (empty slot): 1770/84sec = 21.1 health/sec

So, the sword is giving me around 50 health per second (my stopwatch skills notwithstanding). That’s quite a lot more than the 20 per 5 that was quoted above! It’s going to be hard to give this thing up in Outland… sigh. But I have to wonder. What does that scale with? Anyone have one of these at max level that can test to see if it scales at all, or do you see around 50h/s?
https://web.archive.org/web/20170106053739/http://www.wowhead.com/item=13505/runeblade-of-baron-rivendare#comments

Zeliek

120 Human Paladin
322 posts
1 day ago
Runeblade of Baron Rivendare’s unholy aura scaled with spell damage and healing. probably with +spell healing too but I was playing as ret so I never tried it. One of the most overlooked items because its ability is passive and doesn’t show up in the logs. I loved that sword. Saved my !@# so many times.

Fixed the broken link.

Quoting a bug report from a private server has zero relevancy in classic, as the MangOS core used to replicate how vanilla blizzard servers worked were almost all wrong so far with how so scales with items (often the lame answer being not at all). Even in TBC and wrath SP scaling was added to items that didn’t exist in the same was as classic, so while it may have scaled with sp when all those other new stat systems were implemented, it does not mean in vanilla (or now classic) that baron’s swors scales with sp/+healing

However, I would love to set the record straight with how it works now in classic, so if anyone knows someone with the sword buy them +healing gear and test it.

2 Likes

The very first thing in the body of the OP is a video showing Runeblade scaling with +healing in Classic.

Never seen that sword or the mount drop - including the 15 years spent doing mount runs in retail.

dude, that’s where we posted the links to the original wowhead comments - since the classic.wowhead page for the Runeblade no longer has them

see how I had to do a wayback machine in order to link it now?

https://web.archive.org/web/20170106053739/http://www.wowhead.com/item=13505/runeblade-of-baron-rivendare#comments

get real

PS according to wow tools it has 1:1 scaling from +healing so 100% scaling:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/613563336361115671/649644786877464581/unknown.png

https://classic.wowhead.com/spell=17625/unholy-aura

Original post I replied to did not have video.

Current video is listed as unavailable.

If it does have 1:1 scaling that is amazing, but you’ll need to forgive me for being so skeptical of something that would literally turn any class that can use 2h weapons into god mode.

I’m not sure why the guy keeps taking the video down. It is clearly scaling with +healing when you do get the chance to view it. Also, it doesn’t open up some form of “god mode”.

It sure will allow for some interesting play style’s to be developed. You could realistically probably 5man all of MC with a ~2k hp5 tank.

Aka God mode

2 Likes

I’d think god mode would be enough hp5 that even a boss can’t out damage the regen. Which isn’t the case.

video link test

• edit - embedded playback works now in this forum

Click the actual link on the video itself and it’ll take you to YouTube to view it correctly.

It would also be nice to have a breakdown of what behaviors are-or-aren’t considered a bug… snapshotting of the buff seems insane to me. But scaling with +heal, is not much less insane.

What is the reference client behavior or intended behavior of Unholy Aura supposed to be?

Thank you for bringing proof.

yes I’d say 700+ healing every 5 seconds for free is god mode especially when you can snapshot the +healing in such a manner.

I’d say abuse it until it gets fixed – as that seems to be the fastest way to fix anything in Classic.

1 Like

FYI

Fierywind Empyrean🎩Today at 1:42 AM

@Theloras I cant make a vod for you, but I can confirm amplify magic is snapshotting
it gives the full amount every 5s…
with 411 healing power, my warrior guildy has 531 hp5 with a lower rank amplify magic (giving 100 healing)(edited)
so with an improved max rank amplify magic, you can get an extra ~262 hp5
also mortal strike does halve the healing from runeblade

Fierywind Empyrean🎩Today at 3:12 AM

this also means toep will snapshot
if you could somehow get one
so the max theoretical hp5 you could get with runeblade this phase is somewhere around 1200

This would bring the totals to:

• Paladin: +2024 Healing
  • Warrior: +1992 Healing
  • Hunter: +1992 Healing

If we assume PI does add to the snapshot:

• Paladin: +2428 Healing
  • Warrior: +2390 Healing
  • Hunter: +2390 Healing
1 Like