Rumors about Anduin

Was hoping for at least one full expansion without having to hear about him, but Blizzard can’t help itself.

Anyone else find it curious that Genn and Shaw decide to keep rumors about Anduin a secret from Turalyon?

The optimist in me figures its just a matter of not over-burdening the Regent with information that isn’t verifiable.

The pessimist in me see’s red flags about Shaw/Genn mistrusting Turalyon for some reason. They’ve been pretty uncertain about him for a while now, without any real reason for it shown. This is some heavy-handed subtle flagging going on here, if this is the direction they’re going.

11 Likes

what happened? im horde

4 Likes
10 Likes

You do remember he is sworn to the service of a celestial force correct? A force that at the end of the day sees Azeroth and all of their people as just a means to an end… or an obstacle to be removed.

That aside, the wording doesn’t sound all that conspiratorial. It just sounds like an advisor not wanting to report something that might be nothing… and also someone trying to respect an old friend’s need for distance.

5 Likes

He’s the leader of the Army of the Light, which existed to defeat the Burning Legion. He’s also been on record outright telling Anduin that while they should let the Light guide them, they must never let it control them, that it’s important to think for themselves.

So yeah. I don’t think its that.

Keeping the regent in the dark about the possible whereabouts of the King sounds rather conspiratorial.

12 Likes

What are you talking about? Shaw and Wrathion talked about him during the dragon isles intro stuff (the things that took place in Stormwind).

3 Likes

Dang, you had to go and remind me…

1 Like

I saw Anduin with a pina colada in his hand.

His hair was purple.

Idk, I took that dialogue between Turalyon and Shaw at the start of Dragonflight to be rather tinged with mistrust on both ends. Turalyon sounds terse, and Shaw sounds exasperated by explaining to someone who hasn’t been around.

Turalyon lays out his doubts, based on how Stormwind had been played like a fiddle in the past.

Shaw - probably thinking “easy for you to say when you weren’t around”

It did seem like some foreshadowing of conflict.

6 Likes

Shaw was also probably still feeling a bit salty about how Sarurfang, Nathanos, and Sylvannas played him like a flute.

I’m sure he has his fans but I really don’t care for or about Anduin.

There’s just something about him that annoys me and I think the story’s habit of insisting on him being so focal (along with the assumption that every player should care) might be part of it.

9 Likes

I think that’s fair concerning Shadowlands gave Anduin too much unnecessary focus. :popcorn::robot:

3 Likes

Maybe the rumored Anduin sightings are actually the mysterious heir the Scarlets are supposedly pushing?

4 Likes

Am I the only one who hates the sudden shift to evil light?
We spent years trusting it, and all of a sudden. “Oh, it wants to kill you!”
I mean, we’ve spent years without Turalyon, I know Old Warcraft Lore and Novel Lore doesn’t matter to the new warcraft. But, I’ve been wanting to see him back for years! Now, after finally reuniting with his son, they’re going to villainize him!?
Being honest, and I’m an Anduin fan, I’d be glad to see Anduin go the way of Me’dan to have Turalyon become a major focus again! It’d be like if we could somehow get Rhonin back!

8 Likes

At least we’re hopeful that they’re doing this concept correctly by introducing new forces and characters of the light. :crossed_fingers::robot:

4 Likes

I read that as more Turaylon would probably send the Alliance army to finally drag him back to Stormwind and put him back on the throne.

3 Likes

That is true, The Arathi all around are something I want to know more about. Next Expansion, if anything will be incredibly interesting. Arathi, Nerubians, Xalatath!

4 Likes

I get the sense that it’s just meant to show that as basically two of his closest confidants (along with possibly Jaina), Shaw and Genn are trying to honor Anduin’s clear wish to not be accosted, and they recognize that if they told Turalyon where Anduin is, as regent he’d be duty-bound to bring the king back whether Anduin’s ready to come home or not.

5 Likes

Talanji also has a curious sighting. :telescope::robot:

4 Likes

What am I looking at? Oh that pic is kinda bad, I could barely see her.

1 Like