Rules of dueling?

I think its comical that you think that! Private servers were for scabs that didn’t want to pay for the game and wanted to cheat and exploit.

Thats like saying the people stealing movies on torrent downloads are helping the Movie Industry!

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20190204/13570741528/movie-torrents-shown-to-actually-boost-box-office-sales-post-release-movies.shtml

Well this is embarrassing.

1 Like

Hahaha great idea!

I can’t wait to have a mage duel with one handed swords only! It’d be ridiculous.

You do realize that projects in corporations are approved by prospective ROI and the consistent population of pservers, as well as the ability for Blizzard to generate revenue from the community playing them, was most likely a major weighing factor in the release of Classic.

Moreover, Blizzard specifically provided beta passes to pserver players because they were vocal and knowledgeable about vanilla.

The reason Classic was released is due to people enjoying it, which wouldn’t have happened if there wasn’t a platform for people to do so.

If 100% of the WoW community only played retail, there would be minimal - if any - cost effective rational to release an older version.

Incidentally, yes, illegal pirating of movies works to promote marketing of said movies and the majority of initial ROI occurs within the first week of release nevertheless.1

So says TechDirt blog… yawn

“An exhaustive study of piracy’s effects by the European Commission found that “illegal consumption [of games] leads to increased legal consumption.” To be more precise, the study estimates that for every 100 games that are downloaded illegally, players actually legally obtain 24 more games (including free games) than they would in a world in which piracy didn’t exist.”

-Ars Technica

Source: [The 306-page “Estimating Displacement Rates of Copyrighted Content in the EU” report](cdn DOT netzpolitik DOT org/wp-upload/2017/09/displacement_study DOT pdf)

This is one of the most extensive studies on the topic. But if you’d like to remain ignorant, that’s your prerogative.

Dueled a ton of rogues as mage in vanilla and dont think I ever had one ask to get the opener. And if youre trying to “simulate the open world pvp” then dueling isnt it as there is rarely a time when both people are at full health and with all cds. Theres plenty of ways to open on a spamming mage including letting him spam until hes bored. The point of classic is not fairness, and if you cant figure out a way to gain the advantage then there is no ppint in dueling as it is literally only about gaining the advantage.

Researchers from the University of Houston and Western University dug into the effect of The Pirate Bay’s offline status in part of 2014 and came away with some surprising findings.

Put your glasses on and read their sources old man.

A duel is litterally both classes deciding to use all their abilities to kill the other. Forcing a rogue to open gives them an unfair advantage. Id think the fairest thing would be no abilities or buffs before duel count down ends. That way everyone starts on equal grounds.

I was under the impression that the only real faux pas was using consumables.

Part of the duel challenge for rogues is to be able to get the opener on an opponent who knows you are around them. I think some rogues are used to the ambush the unaware style of world PVP that often gives them an advantage. He/she must’ve just gotten frustrated that he wasn’t able to.

Thread full of zoomers not knowing the duel etiquette

I don’t believe a word they say!

The other source listed was from US universities. Many global sources confirm this time and time again. Like I said, willful ignorance is truly a blissful way to live, enjoy.

Keep stealing other properties and justifying it with dumb sites!

Sourced here alone. Ironically, the group that funded the study then refused to release it until a Freedom of Information inquiry from parliament forced them too.

The only rule to Dueling is…

Win.

Who gives a #%^* what the loser thinks. I’m standing & you’re not, ‘nuff said.

Yea the same Universities that say there are 51 genders? Yea ok!

Um… that would be a completely different department using different methodologies to prove different things.

Using that logic I can say, the same universities that built the internet and allow us to have this conversation, so everything they say must be right.

That’s fantastic, is there a point to your red herring attempts on this thread about Dueling?

Lmao

That’s cute. Proven wrong, refuse to accept peer reviewed studies, creates initial red herring then gets mad. I’ve enjoyed this chat.

Ironically, I didn’t play pservers, but don’t think a subgroup of the community with knowledge on a topic should have ad hominems invalidating their experience.

There are some commonly distributed rules for dueling to mitigate the imba of classes. I don’t personally use them and have always figured as a rogue it’s on me to get my opener. In certain practice scenarios they do help you improve. It’s up to the two people about to duel to decide how they’ll do it - nobody else.