Rules of dueling?

I play to win and don’t care about honor. I’d rather win by using cheese than lose.

I will walk you off the cliff/dock.
I will use a pot.
I will use a grenade.
I will not let you freely open on me.
I will use any consumable I want in my inventory.

If I lose, I will blame…
lag
cat
kids
wife
blizzard
class
pc
latency
fire
someone at my door
etc.

2 Likes

Well, except for the unspoken rule “If you have benefits from your prof, I’m using alchemy and stuff” And, in 12 years of playing, I’ve never head the “let melee open”.

Let a rogue open. lol.

1 Like

Lol wtf? Um, no?

Maybe for practicing and improving your dueling skills, but it won’t help you anywhere else, because no other situation pretends to have unspoken rules.

I mean, I’m not above popping a free action pot to upset a rogue in a duel.

I mean…if I get you with my War Stomp when you are stealthed behind me…you kinda deserve to lose, you got outplayed.

Mage spamming R1 AE and hunters sitting on a trap—have a feeling thats where this rule came from…

1 Like

If playing as any class other than a warrior, don’t pot. If playing as a warrior, mash buttons, pray for crits, and strongly resist the urge to pot even though you’ll probably lose without it. Engi bombs and Tidal Charms are cool though.

Grasp this, don’t duel me then.

This person gets me.

I was with you on the first part but there is only one acceptable answer if i ever lost a duel.

“Sorry couldnt focus with your mom under the desk just now”

1 Like

what a zoooooooomer.

1 Like

This is outrageous. We should all ban together and demand blizzard monitor all pvp interactions for fairness. We can use the Rules of Dueling? thread as a reference.

Duel means you both click accept and start dueling. The only rule is don’t lose. I wish we could deathblow…

I usually break that rule most of the time I duel.

If it’s a random duel my goal is to kill and humiliate you. The only rules are the ones that the game has in place. I want to see you kneeling and begging for mercy while spouting excuses why you didn’t win while I flex my big burly muscles.

If it’s an organized duel I will abide by the rules.

Don’t assume our duel is organized…

1 Like

Basic rules are no potions and no buffs from other classes.

I’ve never heard of such rule (rogue much open)

Some classes let rogue open because otherwise he’s dead for sure,
but it’s not a duel rule.

That doesn’t mean that rogue shouldn’t be allowed to open, since in world pvp you will only see the rogue when he attacks/open.

I like this outlook. You summed up my thoughts perfectly–thanks bud.

I won’t do it. I only grasp hard concepts.

Rules of duel.
1: dont die
2: kill opponent

wow what a PoS.

As you can see by the comments in this thread, there are no unwritten rules to dueling. Just the written one:

Don’t Lose.

Enjoy explaining your TOS before dueling everyone you come across. Cuz every time you do there will be someone like me who said TLDR with their finger on their Consumables Hotkey.

1 Like

More salt for the salt gods.

Except, not. One, I tend to run with my felhunter out, so, improved stealth detection.

Two - that rule ignores the possibility it was the rogue getting jumped. Never even noticed me. Poor guy had 4 dots on him before teh fear broke. The end.

Given the chance, in Wpvp - I hunt rogues before they hunt me.