Rules of dueling?

I don’t care what your rules are. You want rules? Tell me and I’ll either agree or cancel the duel invite.

It isn’t really hard. I apologize for my liberal mindset of respecting the individuals freedom to play how they choose.

1 Like

Wouldn’t stealthing, avoiding AoE intended to break stealth, and getting the opener be a “test of skills and mastery of their class”…

Why would I let a let a rogue open up on me just to stun-lock me to death–when he is supposed to be exhibiting his skill in subtlety and sneakiness?

That seems counter intuitive.

2 Likes

I will let them stealth for sure!—but letting them get the first hit purposefully…that’s dumb man.

2 Likes

Because in any realistic situation you aren’t going to be spaming AoE 24/7 for the off chance you hit a rogue in stealth.

Accepting a duel from a rogue makes it so you automatically know there is a rogue stealthed and about to attack you, in order to actually practice what a normal fight against a rogue would be like its just courtesy to allow the rogue to get the opener and then fight from there because 90% of the time thats how it would naturally happen

In open world pvp / bgs, go for it, if you get them out of stealth, great, enjoy the kill, but 9/10 times you wont

Ok fine, you don’t like dueling etiquette, good for you.

Now gtfo this thread specifically about dueling etiquette

Only rule I follow for dueling?

Don’t lose.

2 Likes

So dueling etiquette should reflect wPvP scenarios? Is that your definition of organic?

I don’t know man that seems like a strange way to run a duel…where the parties are already consenting to the PvP prior to the duel.

I guess it’s however you want to run it though. Maybe everyone should just agree on their own rules before the duel—that should become the standard is to check and see if the other player is on board first.

There is a subset in the community that believe making things easier makes you better at them.

Apparently, participation trophies line the walls of their bedrooms.

1 Like

No, its to allow both classes a fair chance to fight with their kit in a way thats consistent with how most fights start off

Rogue’s will typically catch you first, warriors will typically charge you before you can get a cast off, ect.

I like WoW etiquette. You do not. You want to whine about “rule sets” without establishing them before the start.

I have a feeling I’ve found the typical example of the person who spams in trade about ninja looters because of “unspoken rules” that were violated.

so its a stale mate then. i would never accept just letting the rogue get the opener in a duel tournament. that leads right into a stun lock and its dumb to say go ahead and stun me for like 10 seconds

they can stealth first and thats as far as i will compromise

I never once "whined " about anything

I listed the rules commonly established by people who subscribe to dueling etiquette.

You then came in and started mouthing off about how YOU dont like those rules and choose not to follow them, which is fine. You do you. Just expect to get people calling you out on it frequently

It seems like rules are being created in order to negate some class imbalance issues…

I am assuming (and I could be wrong) that these “dueling rules” are common within the #nochange group…the people who asked for no class balancing–but then they create “dueling rules” to even the playing field…

I’m with the no pots thing, sure. But things like letting a rogue open up on me and not being able to use grenades (which if you are part of the PvP community, everyone will have those anyway)–just seems strange.

I think it’s comical that without the private server crowd, WoW: Classic would most likely not exist.

There’s a reason so many pserver players were invited to beta testing.

In the upcoming dueling tourney, that is very much the case.

Warlocks are so powerful right now, that without tying one hand behind their back, the winner class is a forgone conclusion.

As far as casual dueling goes, asking not to use pots or certain cooldowns is certainly the standard and respectful thing to do.

Acting like a sperg when someone doesn’t get a free opener on you is simply childish and I question their decision in playing the game, if they can’t handle something as insignificant as a random duel.

1 Like

That seems very inorganic–setting the parameters of how the fight “should be”…before it even happens. That also seems pretty robotic and boring.

Normally I will agree upon rules like “no pots” “don’t use your hour cd” but that’s it. I’ve never heard of this though lol. You dueled with a sour puss

Oh wow, $50k? Sorry, thought I had my information correct. Thanks for the input.

Yeah I’m in the same boat as you. They definitely are hindered without their opener, and to be fair, it’s not a real simulated fight if the mage knows he’s coming and spams AE.

Im pretty sure it uses a standard best of 3. 1 rogue opens, then the other. This is how I’ve dueled other rogues since vanilla, but also like to see who gets the opener in a stealth v stealth and neither rogue stealthing.

But personally I like duels to practice mechanics, and switching it up and letting people open on you has always helped my PvP skills.

You sure your mom didn’t drink too when she was pregnant with you? reading your posts is a damn chore