Ruining pvp for casters

I feel the game goes up significantly with the right comms and rating Rev. You have to grind it out to see it.

for example S3 I got to play with Space/Perfect who has amazing awareness and comms on hpal - we would win games and hes literally calling every defensive from both me and our warrior. His friends would comment while watching my stream saying hex now hex hex and point out my choices on shift ghost wolf positioning and of couse more cc.

At 2100 I would just blast people with my pvp rotation and my overall game awareness just with raw damage I could win games outright. If you push high enough you get rewarded for building synergy with a team, carried by better players sometimes, and learn how to win games outright by perfect play that you are severly disadvantaged against.

I beat rank 1 hunter priest druids grounding every trap kicking on cd purging every good buff and kiting the druid perfectly while maximizing my damage. Games like that feel wonderful and at lower rating I just steamroll and don’t enjoy.

1 Like

He’ll just heal off the succubus wdym

1 Like

Oh no no, I mean that I just never had an interest In seriously pushing arenas, like I literally just don’t care to. I’ve always been really good at handling the 1vX in wpvp or BGs or trying to perfect the 1v1 as a destro lock, that’s always been my personal point of interest. I push 2.1 every season for tmog and weapon enchant and that’s it, I just can’t be bothered to push anymore you know?

2 Likes

Oh for sure, I’m just saying someone with your experience in WoW may find more enjoyment in higher end games with the right people. Rekindle that arena skill expression versus stomping the plebs.

Pet passive bro :joy: been having to do that for a while, along with pet move to. I got great pet management lol

Melee mobility be like

2 Likes

I’ve been up to 2.6 early season and I don’t care for that super sweaty gameplay LMAO, it can be tilting sometimes because you want the win but you made a mistake you knew better than to make and you lose rating because of it lol

1 Like

lmao melee really does have DBZ mobility

Triangle class mad.

8 Likes

lol acting like caster vs caster isnt either a triangle of dampening or one caster is so broken it gets to w key at anyone it wants

1 Like

I played destro from TBC to MoP, so I feel a lot of what you’re saying with this post. And having quit destro & warlock with WoD and onwards, It hurts to go back to Classic, TBC, and WOTLK and realize that it wasn’t just Nostalgia. That it was really a fun spec, and the outplay between caster and melee did exist.

Something I loved about cataclysm with warlock for example was the introduction of soul harvest? I think it was called. The out of combat heal. Fighting DK’s was such a hurdle for me, but if I could live for long enough to get a favorable fear path- then I could petpassive, max range port, and harvest to recover. Or I could whiplash knockback a warrior charge to negate the connection if I read correctly. This is going to reek of tryhard, but because I dueled so much I would even fake-cast my seduction because rogues were all step-kicking it regardless of where I hid the succubus lol. It all just felt so fun and earned.

Other interactions, like the felhunters ability to blanket so I could cast on the DK without worrying about getting kicked. Just something about going from the traditional warlock design to what it slowly got devolved into felt bad. And WoD was the end of it for me. But I never felt justified, like I was just jaded and all the enjoyment I had in the past was nostalgia until classic launched and lo and behold warlock vs melee was just as fun as I had remembered.

I don’t know what they can do outside of properly gutting melee mobility. Put the mobility in the hands of their healers or something. Give every healer emancipation or something, that isn’t dispel but a snare removal. (Not a well thought out plan just riffing.)

Mobility being spent for the sake of impatience should always be punished. Mages aggro blinking can die in wotlk. Rogues stepping and sprinting before the match has started can be kited like nobodies business. And it’s nobodies fault other than their own.

while this is still relevant in other ways today, I wish it had the immediate sense I still feel logging into a 12 year old badly coded private server that is Classic Wrath.

He’s talking about the micro not the macro. (I think I’m identifying that correctly?) The game overall is triangle wars. But the interaction between classes remains more nuanced and reminiscent to previous balance between caster and melee. While casters can still affect one another, be it healers or ranged dps, melee into caster has devolved into an arms race. Mobility isn’t really a part of it. Melee connecting is just reality now, and not something they earn outside of huge errors, rather than small micro misplays.

1 Like

yeah the micro of playing a caster into like ele demo feels the same as playing caster into double melee

hes awful at the game and then runs to the forums when he loses to people he considers himself better than

its getting old

Regardless of how good he is or isn’t at the game I think what he’s saying has absolute merit.

The counterplay ranged have vs melee compared to how little caster vs caster has evolved is night and day.

The mobility war needs to end.

8 Likes

If it makes you feel better, I hate fighting casters as Ret Paladin. It brings me TREMENDOUS dread. So there’s that going for you. :tipping_hand_man:

yes i know theres nothing like getting spam charged by fury or juking mind freeze only to get gripped, grippy hands’d, and then pet stunned

or queueing into double outlaw and taking ur hands off the keyboard cuz the game isnt playable

how many casters actually cast? they implement mobility creep and insta cast band aid fixes every xpac

3 Likes

Ret is still one of the only melee that feels normal to fight as a caster :dracthyr_shrug:

3 Likes

That’s my point. It’s bland, not fun. They band aid fix and it sucks. It’s why I quit my casters in WoD. I saw where it was heading and wanted out. (I played legion alpha tbf so I knew.)

Casters should cast more and it should be enabled by their traditional strength of punishing misuse of mobility or creating stronger or more insurmountable gaps between them and the melee to dissuade investing too much into a push.

The triangle still works but for the wrong reason. The guns got bigger instead of the trap being stickier.

3 Likes

It’s like you guys don’t know how much melee hate fighting casters as well. There’s not a damn thing in this game that I queue into and think “oh this is going to be enjoyable”.

The simple answer is mobility creep needs to be addressed but really blizzard needs to let classes have weaknesses again.

Its ok if mages and rogues are squishy, its ok if dks and warlocks have no mobility, its ok if X class has little to 0 cc its ok if Y class has little to no burst damage or Z class has no self healing.

There need to be defined outlines of what each class should and shouldnt excel in and rein in the other areas. Mobility is one area thats been constantly crept on but also burst damage and self healing aswell.

15 Likes