RUIN is ruining Battle For Nazjatar

It’s a guild on sargeras haha. It’s the biggest guild atm! Pretty sure he’s QQing about them.

Is it? Whenever I do see the massive Alliance zerg it tends to be from all realms. I figured it was a coalition like Hydra.

Yeah, whoever decided horde should enter the bg directly into field of strife was a tactical genius lmao.

nah
Keep going RUIN, bfn is a gold mine.

3 Likes

Yup! They started to pick up traction back in Legion! Guess still going strong for bfa too!

Just to give you an idea of what I mean there.

oh
And btw they already nerfd bfn, so groups like RUIN cant drop on too many shards, after this change i think RUIN lost one shard.

It is very rich seeing the Horde cry about being out numbered, when any time I go to mechagon I get camped by 10+ horde. If you have an issue with pvp going on in warmode, there is a way to turn warmode off.

I find the claim that Horde are unable to win a phase, to be ridiculous. RUIN can only be in 1 or 2 phases at a time. And given the many times I join a RUIN group, win and leave only to be spat out into a 5 cap Horde phase with Horde overrunning Mezzamere, and this being the common theme of others who join RUIN groups, tells me that for every phase Alliance win, Horde win several more.

Unlike Alliance, Horde do not need to group up to win. Thus there is less inclination to use the LFG panel to post groups and get more people in to an already winning phase. Basically Horde get screwed over by being the more populous faction in this regards.

Horde just need to get used to losing a few. I know its so rare, especially when dev’s are so quick to jump to your aid. (Doing nothing to fix broken racials causing high end raiders to jump Horde, Nerfing AoO despite 430 gear being quickly replaced, and nerfing mechagnomes into the ground despite them being an entirely unappealing race to begin with, all come to mind)

I call camping one objective at a time, letting it cap out before moving onto the next to be Zerging. Unlike Horde who can win by this strategy, Alliance actually need to use strategy and try to take more than one objective at a time, needing to take both IB GY, IBT and TP at the same time, and then pushing into the horde base before FW GY caps. While also having a force up north to help delay the capping of North South Bunkers. Unfornately most Alliance groups can’t do that, instead choosing to camp IB GY till cap, which leads to most of the losses.

5 Likes

So it seems to me that it looks like what happend with high end content, with the horde dominating and nothing being done.

Yet when alliance players asked for something they were being shutdown all the time by horde players, so i guess is the same thats gonna happend here but the other way around.

4 Likes

This just sounds like a “player created problem” and Blizz shouldn’t help fix player created problems.

No i’m not bitter at all.

1 Like

Better look behind you, the point’s going 60 miles per hour that-a-way.

The mythic raiding scene is a problem with the game’s balance and only affects a slight fraction of the playerbase. The point I’m trying to make is that darn-near every facet of the game, PvE and PVP, is going to be flipped on its head because the majority of the alliance playerbase is being assimilated into this superguild. Hell, if enough of them make an active effort for it, they could even have the ingame economy like putty in their hands. Imagine it.

1 Like

Let me make it clear that not all Horde are crying about it. I welcome the challenge. I’m glad to see the Alliance stepping up.

5 Likes

I thought Horde would love the chance to showcase their individual prowess by defeating an Alliance raid. Surely you aren’t suggesting that the average Horde player is more like someone wearing a Patriots jersey and claiming to have won the Super Bowl than the actual players who made it happen?

That can’t be right. All of the bragging people do has me convinced that selecting a Blood Elf in the character creator automatically turns potato-brains into PvP gods.

4 Likes

its called pvp deal with it. pvp guilds like to pvp stop complaining. Horde has twice as many alliance lmao if you cant get a even bigger raid then that’s on you.

But…it’s in their name…they ruin…

1 Like

I understand frustrations about server instability when large scale stuff like this happens, but at the end of the day, isn’t this kind of thing like the epitome of MMORPG PvP (albeit, watered down a bit because of sharding)? The kind of thing you will never see in any other genre?

It’s only “ruining” the thing for you because they’re winning. Horde has the opportunity to do the exact same thing.

2 Likes

Horde and non-RUIN Alliance players do the same thing.

• You look for a group in the finder and join them.
  • Quickly (and naturally) creating imbalanced shards.

Fact is, the system isn’t really good at dealing with these quick shifts in players. It doesn’t do rebalancing that frequently. So even a shard with a semi balanced population of 40 Horde and 30 Alliance before the battle starts can quickly go into a 2:1 imbalance when a raid group of 30-40 players worth get drawn into a shard through grouping.

The system doesn’t rebalance on the fly, it has set intervals. So, for a good time after players join a raid group and are sharded, (no matter the faction or group) there will likely be an imbalance for some time in all these cases before their agent gets to checking and rebalancing at it’s interval.

Im 100% pro Horde, Also Horde never complained when we had Hydra in Ashran, Just putting that out there. If you are fed up with Alliance grping together and winning all the time then do the work and get your own revenge grp going.

5 Likes

I just hate the lagfest. Game becomes unplayable

2 Likes

You mean PVP happened, on PVP shards? Like minded people grouped together to fight the vile, evil enemy? Isn’t that intended?

If there are fewer Horde groups, than Alliance groups, how is that the fault of RUIN?

2 Likes