RUIN is ruining Battle For Nazjatar

I don’t understand why in Illidan, there is cross faction anything.
Cross faction in Mechagon and Nazjatar make questing annoying. I know to leave my Machagon and Naz quests last because they take the longest. I don’t mind World PVP but 6 on 10 or 8 on 9 Horde vs Alliance battles per quest is too time consuming.

And then just to have the Alliance scatter off to Rustbolt when things aren’t going their way. If I wanted Battleground Cross Faction World PVP I’d join a damn battleground.

I know there are bads everywhere but the DH using that ability seems to be a very common thing its like they dont even think who they are fighting or know anything about their own class. to do it aginst a MM hunter or fire mage is like so mouth breather slow its not even funny. Your gona get several greater pyros or sniper shot + doubletap rapid fire to the face

Large scale vers large scale can ve fun, but the servers can’t handle it…

And since WM was implemented any good group fights just end with lopsided zergs due to LFG escalation.

It’s lame.

3 Likes

I can agree there. I generally just pop Temp Shield and nuke them as they slowly drift down.

Eventually they’ll get the message though.

1 Like

I do like it when the body falls I wish there was a splat sound tbh

1 Like

whistles Don’t look at me I didn’t do anything! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Sharding has always been the bane of war mode, nothing’s changed.

Horde RUINOUS is superior.

I think it depends, on Oceanic PVP is Alliance dominated, like I only hear about Horde thrashing on NA servers…

I think generally every has a different experience.

1 Like

If alliance doesnt team up to fight, horde cries.

If alliance does team up to fight, horde cries.

Carebear finest!

6 Likes

Pretty much this.

This is true. Even in the early days of 8.2 on OCE shards I had a lot of battles that went 3000-0 because alliance owns the oceanic realms.

In fact to do the call to arms weeklies I habe to join an NA group just so that there are actually some horde to fight.

2 Likes

This is pretty hilarious. Saying you’re all for having equal battles knowing full well what Battle for Nazjatar was like before RUIN started forming up lol

The real thing ruining battle for Nazjatar is that the game can’t support large scale combat. Horde is free to form a raid group and lag out the zone too but they have been so used to horde-mode being a cake walk you just show up expecting to win knowing full well that RUIN will probably be waiting for you now.

7 Likes

Oh snap I was in ruin before I went full time classic. Pretty solid guild!

Lol suck it horde

6 Likes

It’s not a faction issue. It’s a sharding and networking issue.

Look, it’s one thing when there’s a PVP battle and things are going badly for your side - we’ve all been there before, and with TW AV, we’re all going through it now.

It’s another thing entirely when there’s a concentrated effort to lag out the servers. WOW can hardly handle 80 PCs fighting at once, but ten raid groups is like 400 people: it turns into molasses at that point, and it’s just a matter of superior numbers - players on the other side are going to get steamrolled, no matter how slowly that steamroll is moving.

And it may seem fun for the Alliance now, but when the Horde does it, the problem will get worse.

2 Likes

Already happens, I used to make groups for BfN as Horde. Oce is perfect for it since we’re mostly blue here.

I don’t like RG and I understand your PoV but they’re doing nothing wrong.

Making raid groups through your guild or LFG is fine.

I did notice you seem fine winning 1500-200. That means you had the advantage in numbers.

BfN is not instanced and there’s really no way to prevent this. The battle requires even pop to start, but doesn’t maintain that requirement.

To some extent they have to keep the numbers per shard reasonable. Otherwise all melee are dead weight and truthfully everyone including tanks would be globaled by ranged aoe.

But if they enforce it too hard, it really just becomes an instance.

1 Like

It’s not actually a guild I think. More of a PvP coalition.

TBH the battle of Nazj stuff is just a smaller symptom of a much bigger issue- Ruin as a whole, or rather the fact that a mega-guild like them can even exist. Something Blizz doesn’t seem to take note of at all is that realms serve much more purpose than just being a suffix on your character name: it also served as a hard cap on how powerful a given guild could be, you only had so many people you could recruit, and even less of them whose schedule/interests aligned with your guild’s majority. Now with communities that cap is all but gone, giving way for people to create giant multi-realm-spanning conglomerates who can just trample through any constraints whatsoever with sheer numbers alone. Now, this alone isn’t an issue (even the Battle for Nazj stuff is more on Blizz for their server technology clearly not working in this case ,and the Horde for not hurrying up and making an equivalent community akin to Hydra/Avengers back in WoD), but it certainly will become one over time as other guilds fail to keep up with this giant and dissipate. Over time there will be less and less opposition across most realms and Ruin will have free reign over every single one of them. We’re effectively witnessing the alliance become a monopoly, and it’ll irreparably throw just about every facet of the game out of balance when it fully forms.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk.