RP servers no longer sharded together in wm?

Yesterday I was still being sharded with other RP servers. Now I am in non-RP server shards only.

This is a horrible change, gone from being able to do quests (while still regularly getting attacked) to being unable to do the invasion because of Horde raids camping Alliance objectives.

There have been no changes to how sharding works, especially not within the last day. Keep in mind there is a difference between sharding (which shouldn’t currently be active on RP realms) and Cross realm zones. In either case, those should only be happening, when it does, between like realms. RP realms should not be connected to non-RP realms.

Note, that doesn’t prevent folks from grouping with folks from non-RP realms and them joining an RP person on their realm when grouped.

If you believe you are being sharded or CRZ’d with non-RP realms please be sure to submit a bug report,

3 Likes

I am currently sitting in Boralis with my non-RP party member (who left the group 10 minutes ago). All the players I see are from non-RP servers. All the Alliance players I saw (and read in chat) were from non-RP servers.

Yesterday when my party dissolved my non-RP friend would have immediately phased out. That has not happened today.

I can’t get back to my own warmode shard because it no longer exists as such.

Did you try logging out and back in? Grouping through a finder isn’t exclusive to a specific type of realm, but leaving the group you should normally move back. If that isn’t happening try logging out and back. If the issue persists, submit a bug report.

5 Likes

I closed my game window and reopened it. We’re both still on the same shard.

Try getting in a group with someone on Moon Guard who’s somewhere else, then travel to their location. Changing into the new zone with them typically puts you on the correct realm again.

Alternatively, you can try staying logged out for a while on the character, then come back to them later. That usually resets it.

I tried leaving the zone and returning when I first realized there was a problem. That always fixed it before.

I’m not seeing a single RP player in Boralis.

Sometimes it does. Typically getting into a group with someone and entering their zones helps as well - I’ve done some testing back and forth before, with an alternate account between MG and WrA.

I see Emerald Dream, so it’s not just me, unless normally they are sharded with non-RP servers.

Edit to add: I just saw another Moonguard player. It looks like they’ve made this change and forgotten to tell CS about it.

Or… Report it as a bug so our QA team can take a look.

5 Likes

A change this basic doesn’t look like a bug to me. It’s more like when they implemented CRZ to PvP servers in Legion and greatly changed the population mix. It took a while and a lot of complaining for anyone to admit a change had taken place, and it was never fixed.

Warmode off permanently.

Well, I’m sure you know better than I would. Good luck to you.

21 Likes