Rp Pvp Name Violation

__
Non-medieval or non-fantasy names (For example: Slipnslide, Robotman, Technotron)

_ Names that reference well known people, characters, brands, places, or icons (For example: Britneyspears, Austinpowers, Mcdonalds, Georgewashington, Newyork)

Names that consist of multiple words (For example: Inyourface, Welovebeef, Howareyou, Sixtyseventy)

Is the actual text of it.

Honestly as long as your name is a word you’d probably be ok. Might even get by with a name like Table. The issue is the absurd names like XXXSEPIROTHXXX or Surferboiii.

And of course your name is just something that sounds like a name.

Yeah, and that ease of load balancing is precisely what’s changed. If you had 5000 people in Elwynn in vanilla, you got hosed because they weren’t easily separable into smaller chunks – they were all in close proximity and could try to interact with any given other one at any moment, so you were forced to run one big centralized task that’s going to bottleneck like a gallstone. Being able to run 50 bite-sized instances with 100 at a time is only half the point of layering. The other half is that once you break it up, you can distribute those instances wherever you want, across separate autonomous machines, and exchange loads between them as needed. It turns how much you can handle from a question of “how good are the boxes in your data center” to “how many boxes are in your data center and how many can you leverage offsite”.

At that point, if they set things up with any foresight at all (granted that might be a bit optimistic anymore), individual zone loads would be effectively indistinguishable from each other unless you bothered to check which realm it was attached to. The system wouldn’t see much practical difference between running two monster realms of 200k people, or eight of 50k people – it would just enforce a harsher queue on the two huge ones for effectively no reason. Increasing the number allowed on a realm just means adjusting how much of the existing stuff they’re allowed to use, and at absolute worst might mean using some of that massive influx of resub cash to buy more provisioning.

I did, and probably shouldn’t have said layers. Though this early, it’s pretty interchangeable just because the overwhelming majority of those players are in layered zones, and that’s kind of the duct tape making it possible to make the load so interchangeable. But things might get really hairy if that demographic lump fails to lose people and goes far enough to hit an unlayered zone like, say, STV.

I totally agree, though the issue is the large population of people that dont even know about rp naming rules yet have flooded the server in droves with every non rp name you can think of. Every day the differentiation of our rp pvp server and that of any other server becomes less evident.

The same goes for those making guilds, again they are vastly unaware of the rp guild name rules and are making guilds thats are clearly not rp names.

How would they know really, there is no alert when one is creating a character?

So again, every day the differentiation of our rp pvp server and that of any other server becomes less evident.

Frankly I don’t know why Blizzard even creates RP realms since they long ago gave up enforcing the rules.

1 Like

Can you imagine giving the slightest sh!t about someone’s name choice. Shame

Lol what a prize you are. Point made. Here is yet another person that is ill informed on how immersion works and what a rp server is all about and is diminishing something that was requested by many others and is important to them. We were given 2 servers. How many other servers are there?

3 Likes

I’m absolutely bringing my Paladin Healforafeel to your server

Report and move on.

And it will absolutely be reported, and eventually forced to rename.

You will be hardheaded and continue using such names, until you are temp banned then go

HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN?!

3 Likes

Pay no attention to the dwarf priest with ßubblewrap for a name.

1 Like

No it won’t. And IF it does I’ll do what I’ve done 100x and name it THE EXACT SAME THING

Probably, except it’s happened 10-12x over the course of 15 years and here we are. Same names, no bans. So if and when that time comes. You win. But until then. See you in SW

Report them. Get your fellow rpers to report them as well. That’s probably all you can do.

1 Like

hello fun police, my characters are actually roleplaying that they are breaking the 4th wall, so my characters are fully aware they are in a virtual videogame world which is why they picked goofy names for some of them
i’m roleplaying, you can’t stop it

1 Like

see yall on grobby, my character is even posting on these forums because that’s how far he breaks teh 4th wall xd

Just report and move on.

1 Like

I was never big on RP servers. But I can respect the rules and atmosphere that of it.

u gotta on that next level S.Poster to actually make a toon in an RP server to mess with people.

2 Likes

Im on Grobbulus. Im not worried about my name because I have an explanation on it being a nickname if it comes to that.

The biggest reason im not worried? I don’t bother anyone RPing, and if someone approaches me IC, I participate.

Play the server how its intended and everyone is happy, even if your name isn’t 100% RP

3 Likes

I’m only on the server because the BG forum clan decided on it. I’m east coast so I don’t even belong on a PST server but oh well. I just didn’t know RP servers had rules like that.

Just report them. I’m sure it’ll take about a month for Blizzard to actually get to it, but they do take it seriously and do force characters to rename themselves… and if they get reported twice on the same character, then Blizzard just pushes the “autoname” button, generating and locking in a randomly generated name for the character. I’ve seen it done before on Retail.