RP/PVP-ers Letz JUMP! to DD

If you’ve ever wrote RP prose, If you know your character’s father’s name, if you know where your language function is or have ever gotten wasted in character… If your druid maintains the druid truce. If your character’s motivations influence your actual gameplay. If you would abandon a scheduled raid to defend the Warchief-

Lets just bump these trolls/minmaxers/and stream dodgers, and bounce. Go make a story with fellow story tellers.

Good luck slugging it out here gunslingers, imbibers, poets and wordsmiths. It’s an uphill climb out here, and the community is the best part of classic WoW.

Figs- out. My name is taken on Deviate Delight. If you find my reincarnation. She will be Rutabagas.

3 Likes

Better stick with Grobb unless you want to be merged back to Grobb in a couple of month but then have to deal with name changes. DD has the lowest pop out of all servers.

9 Likes

Oh? How do you know that exactly?

It was Medium Pop earlier today along with Grobb and a dozen other servers even before prime time came around. There were a couple of Low Pop servers that were apparently lower than that.

1 Like

Not sure when you check but every time I check DD is on low while other servers (even ones that came out later) move to medium frequently.
I only saw DD once on medium, that was Saturdays when everyone played the same time and most other have been on high.

(well since today you also have the very new servers to transfer too so I am not counting those)

Today at around mid-day 12-1 pm PST I was looking at the server list. Grobb and DD were both Medium Pop at that time.

3 Likes

In the morning, Grobbulus was Medium and DD was Low. In the afternoon, DD moved to Medium. In the evening Grobbulus moved to High.

Grobbulus is bigger than DD no doubt, which is why the free transfers are in the direction they are, but DD isn’t in danger of failing. They’ll be even more even after the transfers.

3 Likes

In this topic: Future regret.

This story is as old as WoW itself. We’ll see you soon. Much like ED…you don’t leave Grobb. Grobb leaves you.

7 Likes

I’m a role player and I will stay in grobbulus

6 Likes

GrobbGang for life. This IS where the RP is at. Nobody is RPing because everyone is leveling and layering in phase 1 also makes things difficult.

1 Like

People need to stop splitting the community and stick to Grobbulus. Just because blizzard makes the mistake of opening two RPPVP servers doesn’t mean we should fall in to that.

I live on the east coast and will continue playing and RP-PVPing on Grobbulus.

7 Likes

I for one will be staying on Grobbulus. The community is what you make it, and together we can weed out the bad apples. Don’t lose faith fellow Grobbulites, Father Kraethos will protect you from this false rapture!

2 Likes

Medium servers are larger than the largest servers of 2006, DD will be fine.

2 Likes

This makes no sense. Leveling is the best possible time to roleplay. You can meet other people out in the world, join forces in common cause, fight the enemy - all things that are much easier questing than in repetitive end game content.

If you’re powerleveling as fast as possible, you’re missing opportunities to roleplay. If everyone is doing that, you don’t really have a roleplay server. Take a step back, relax, include roleplay in your game play, and enjoy the trip.

3 Likes

Good luck Figs! Hopefully you can find a group that fits on DD!

1 Like

Grob has superior RP, PvP, drama, and PvE

5 Likes

And thus the rivalry begins lol. Having played on both I’m already enjoying my time on DD more. With very few layers it feels a lot more like vanilla.

5 Likes

DD has its own forums right?

Not really sure why people feel the need to try to snipe members from here.

Wish it wasn’t allowed tbh.

8 Likes

Follow up to our conversation yesterday about server pops, DD and Grobb are currently both Medium Pop as of right now, 11:48 AM PST.

Which makes sense, DD is the actual EST server, so for them it’s currently closing in on prime time already, what with it being 2:48 PM EST iirc.

Not trying to advocate for DD here, but they do seem to at least be Medium Pop at this point, at least at prime time. Grobbulus is definitely bigger for sure, with High-Full Pop at prime time and Medium at all other times, but I don’t think that makes Deviate Delight the lowest pop out of all the servers. After all, there are still Low Pop servers right now, while it’s Medium.

3 Likes

Not sure what people are expecting. There have never been 100% rp servers. There will always be toxic players. A large part of the community is great on Grobb. The small server will dwindle and die within six months.

1 Like

All this panic and most people haven’t even hit level 60 yet…

2 Likes