RP in Orgrimmar and Silvermoon

Where do the RPs usually happen? If you know the name of an inn or other location, do tell.

Also if you know of any Horde RP spots outside of these, let me know.

I’ve not been to Silvermoon in some time, so I can’t speak on it with any guarantee of accuracy. I recall quite a bit of RP in lots of places when I was a blood elf, but that was nearly 7 years back.

Orgrimmar, I can help with. Valley of Honor is usually full of people, most times of the day honestly. Not hard to find RP there at all. Frankly I’ve seen RP in most places aside from the Valley of Spirits. Doesn’t mean there IS none there, I just haven’t seen any. I’m particularly fond of the Valley of Wisdom, I love that waterfall.

TL;DR- Orgrimmar is quite busy in terms of RP, but the easiest place to find some is the Valley of Honor.

Orgrimmar and Silvermoon both used to be fairly busy. However, most of the Horde RP community bailed when Void Elves launched.

I’d say that it’s still fairly busy in the Valley of Honor in Orgrimmar, though seeing as I’m not a part of the blood elf community I don’t go to Silvermoon like, ever… so I don’t know what the hotspots are.

If you’re visiting Silvermoon, don’t have War Mode on otherwise it’ll be empty.

3 Likes

Not looking to stir the pot, but this is simply untrue.

1 Like

The Blood Elf community that jumped ship to Alliance is not “The Horde RP community”. There’s still a lively Tauren community, a massive Troll community(You’ll have to get grouped up with them since sharding in Zuldazar), and the RP in Orgrimmar is massive still. Valley of Honor like others said for easy walk ups. But there’s RP all around the city.

And beyond that, I know of a lot of RP guilds that do their routine RP’s out in the world such as Ratchet and Barrens. Can’t say the state of SMC, I don’t go there. I typically try to stay on kalimdor or Zandalar.

7 Likes

Orgrimmar RP typically happens in and around the Valley of Honor, wherein the Orcs, Tauren, Trolls and Goblins sit around being mad at the Blood Elves.

Silvermoon RP tends to be concentrated in the taverns and radiates outwards into smaller groups, wherein the Blood Elves sit around being mad at being out of wine.

Undercity RP tends to be one Forsaken who RPs as a guy who went off on vacation and came back to find the city blighted and how the heck did this happen!?

1 Like

I’ve found most Orgrimmar RP to be pretty fun, and diverse at that. Nightborne and blood elves are a common sight, and while I can’t say it NEVER happens, I really don’t see them get ICly or OOCly discriminated against or told to leave. Valley of Honor walkup RP ranges from weird to really good, but hostilities are kept to a minimum. No less so than the Blue Recluse or what-have-you. It’s a good place to go and meet characters of almost any variety, I highly recommend going there tonight around probably 5-9 server time and checking it out.

2 Likes

I tend to be one of the orcs that gripes about blood elves.
…
Not because the blood elves are there mind you, but because the blood elves see themselves as civilized, see the orcs as savages, and then act like absolute morons at the bar :stuck_out_tongue:

Which is to say, avoid the Tail IMO. Like any MMO with an RP Hub, the tavern is the worst. Good RPers go there to be sure, but nothing good comes from a tavern, especially when the blood elves there curse like sailors and do whatever it is they do.

1 Like

Blood Elves being civil: “Ugh, these sissy Blood Elves ruining my TRUE HORDE.”

Blood Elves cursing: “Wow, that’s so out of character for Blood Elves, they’re such bad RPers.”

A fraction of the criticism that has been leveled against Blood Elves resulted in ten times more hysteria when leveled against Orcs.

1 Like

See, there’s this thing called separation of IC and OOC.

IC, Grumaar hates elves. All elves. He hates the Night Elves because they are the enemy, he hates the Blood Elves because they are fel addicts.

OOC, I love the lore and I simply dislike RP that consists of people in general dropping all the curses and having no substance.

There’s a difference.

3 Likes

The Blood Elves successfully fought their way free from the Legion while the Orcs have willingly succumbed to it twice and they’re the fel addicts? ICly, that still doesn’t make any sense.

I get the IC/OOC separation, no doubt, but if you want to criticize, you have to welcome criticism of yourself, too.

1 Like

As in, Grumaar believes they are? Because that’s no longer the case, just so you’re aware.

I don’t think there’s any correlation between people having a blood elf character and that same person swearing a lot in RP. I’ve seen every race of character do that.

2 Likes

You want to debate my character debate my character. You don’t have criticize me for my character’s point of view.

Grumaar believes it yes. I know differently, Grumaar doesn’t give a damn. He’s an orc with biases that run deep.

Blood Elves still make up the majority of who I see in that tavern - so I tend to judge it based on that. It’s very rare to see elves outnumbered by OG Horde, and it’s very rare for any RP in the Tail to be more than just glaring, cursing, and chasing tail.

2 Likes

That’s not a good idea. Because the statements you’re making come off as “blood elf character means X about the RPer”, which 1) is offensive to anyone RPing a blood elf and 2) is not true. Your specific anecdotal evidence doesn’t really mean anything besides that you’ve seen blood elves curse a lot. That’s where the facts stop. Making statements broader than that is an assumption, which I would caution against.

5 Likes

I should clarify then. Most bar RP isn’t good. On any MMO. That’s a broad statement based in years and years and years of experience. I’m not saying all blood elf rpers are bad, not all blood elf rpers act decidedly un-belf like (which is my main critique, not that they swear lol) - just that a lot of the RP at the bar could pretty much be any setting anywhere because of how generic it is with the cursing, tail chasing, and general casualness of it.

I don’t think people should be sticking to a formula when creating a character. Treating every race as a hive mind with one personality per race is a good way to kill all fun, quickly.

7 Likes

Oh, neither do I. But that’s a whole other topic. There’s many ways to play “traditional” without following a formula. IMO it’s more fun to be creative shading inside the lines than it is to go outside the lines, so to speak. That’s a personal preference. Cardboard cutouts are about as fun as “I am a X raised by a Y in the land of Z” for me.

And honestly, my original comment was a light hearted jab at what I see pretty much every day when I stroll past VOH lol.

Traditional IS a formula. It’s basing your character around a pre-established archetype. I don’t think going against that should invoke criticism.

If you really look at this statement, can you not see how that could potentially scare folks off? “I like to be creative, just don’t color outside the lines.”

Fair enough. I’m just saying, don’t expect many warm receptions to criticisms for coloring outside lines that you yourself have established for all others.

2 Likes