Rolling back gold without communication is not cool

dreams are fair play

also keep in mind that its thought only accounts that made a lot of gold from the bug were locked. most of us were not locked, otherwise every single pesron who even had one expired auction wouldve been locked. although of course i got called a liar by a cc member when i mentioned that expired auctions were affected too

and yes the followup communication wouldve been nice and is my sole complaint here, thanks for understanding that :slight_smile:

Exactly. I almost cancelled an auction for completely normal reasons, but then decided to not. But people who kept doing it when they saw they were getting free gold should have thought “GEE. Maybe this isn’t supposed to be happening. Maybe this is an exploit.

See, the difference is, when I accidentally run into something which seems to be a bug/exploit, I don’t keep doing it. Even if it’s being caused by what would be my “normal gameplay”. If you’re talking about a “large chunk of gold” then you obviously did NOT stop the behavior causing the exploit when you ran into it. You don’t need an explanation why illegitimately acquired gold was removed from your account.

This is the whole reason and all that needed to be said, but he’s trolling with this thread so he’s only going to respond to the people he can wind up

you understand EXPIRED auctions did the same thing right?

and you too also completely misunderstood the complaint

File a police report?

The AH was cleared out before the changes were made. Any new auctions would have had a minimum 12 hours before expiring. They found it within 12 hours, unless I’ve heard wrong. There shouldn’t have been any naturally expiring auctions.

2 Likes

auctions were not cleared after it was brought back online after the bug was “fixed”, which actually kept continuing for another full day+

1 Like

Actually it does, because your complaint was “Why wasn’t I notified in advance?”

sending an email when theyre about to nuke the gold and then nuking it, or nuking it then immediately sending an email - makes no difference

ZERO COMMUNICATION is the problem here but if you want to nitpick semantics then whatever keep defending bad communicaiton

going back and reading cs threads - they didnt even bother communicating to people whose accounts were actually locked too lol

I don’t think anyone openly admits to Tax Fraud or exploiting of a system.

lmao.

So your auctions expired but you still got the payout from them? You’d have been mistaken to have even counted that gold as yours to begin with. In this instance of gold being fabricated from nothing, Blizz wouldn’t even need to notify you because it wasn’t gold that belonged to you in the first place.

1 Like

An excellent point but then gold received in error above what the seller would have received through normal transactions is gold they aren’t entitled to either.

So I’m not exactly sure what the OP is carrying on about. Its like getting two boxes from Amazon of exactly the same thing when you ordered one and them left on your doorstep and then Amazon’s courier coming back to take the second one away. The second one wasn’t yours so telling you he is taking it is hardly necessary.

1 Like

Hmm, interesting subject! I do agree that Blizzard should have told people that they had made changes to the account. It certainly would help eliminate confusion.

One thing I recommend doing is to keep track of your auctions using TSM! That way if something like this happens again, you can figure out the exact amount that was reverted and compare it to the exact amount of the canceled or expired auctions so that you can confirm whether your loss of gold was due to something like this, or if something else happened.

I do understand your complaint though and it is quite valid! Although I don’t think anything will change so it may be best to provide your own solution.

Keep rolling in that dough and godspeed in your Auction Housing!

I look forward to TSM actually working properly again. Because it was so centred around server data, its still showing skewed values and Im guessing it will take a major update to adapt it to the new commodities market, because you have non-commodities that are still server/connected server specific, and commodities that are region wide.

Oh it certainly has its issues :frowning: I love the addon but I feel like the TSM devs dropped the ball here and didn’t bother testing TSM on PTR. It doesn’t feel very good when the addon offers a paid premium service and it’s not kept up to snuff :frowning:

With that said, I also have Auctionator running as a backup to TSM. Auctionator had its hiccups but for the most part handled things far more better than TSM did.

I do share your concern regarding TSM and hope it gets properly fixed and doesn’t remain developed in a reactionary manner. That’s not something I agree should happen with a paid addon.

Its written in the TOS they can do that with or without cause

I may have to install Auctionator, I havent used it since I started using TSM two or three years ago, if you think its working well.

If you paid for TSM, you maybe should send them a note telling them to get their asses into gear or no more monies :grin:

It certainly has its perks and is quite useful with some of its UI integration, such as recipe costs within the profession window. I use them both, but when TSM was incapable of simply scanning something, I went with Auctionator until the bugs were mostly worked out.

I don’t consider myself a TSM pro by any means, but one thing I found Auctionator can do that TSM can’t is freely let you post and cancel without regard for any operations. If I want to post something in TSM, it has to do its scan first which, as you know, didn’t work for a few days. Auctionator didn’t share this problem.

Both addons have their good and their bad.

1 Like

No i didn’t, i know how trolling works