Rogues over nerfed

another set of nerfs…

Rogue

Resounding Clarity now causes Echoing Reprimand to Animacharge 2 additional combo points (was 3).
Assassination
    All ability damage reduced by 3%.
    Fatal Concoction’s damage bonus for weapon poisons reduced to 10% (was 15%).
Outlaw
Subtlety

Rogue

Numbing Poison’s attack and cast speed debuff effectiveness reduced by 33% in PvP combat.
Assassination
    Deathmark’s damage dealt by duplicated poisons and bleeds reduced by 30% in PvP combat.
        The tooltip will not reflect this change, but it will be corrected in a future update.
Subtlety
    Secret Technique damage reduced by 30% in PvP combat.
Developers’ note: Assassination bleed damage is higher than we are comfortable with and Secret Technique has potential to lead to burst windows with minimal counterplay, so we are toning them down. Additionally, we are most comfortable with baseline cast speed reduction being 10% in PvP currently, so we’re reducing Numbing Poison to be in line with similar abilities.

But warlocks & shadow priest running rampant in PvP

27 Likes

Well, it is always that way, pep cries and they take off our dmg and we become a cc bot in 3v3s and useless in 2v2s.

Just wait, its going to get even worse.

10 Likes

Numbing poison self-medication inc

3 Likes

Oh damn that got nerfed too lul

• Numbing Poison’s attack and cast speed debuff effectiveness reduced by 33% in PvP combat.
3 Likes

At least your forums weren’t trolled endlessly and your class wasn’t deemed a FOTM OP spec to the point of receiving 20+ nerfs and then becoming mid tier in raid while being outperformed by all 3 Rogue specs, ontop of Rogues outperforming them in PvP (naturally, because Rogues were always their hardest counter).

Yes, I’m talking about DH.

You’re in the wrong forum to cry about well-deserved DH nerfs lol.

Also, at least Outlaw only ate the 3% so we are still fine. I have a feeling this is an omen for more to come though. That’s two nerfs in quick succession.

13 Likes

Games designed around soloq, to my horror for pvp. Which explains why the devs keep putting the “lacks counterplay” tagline on our nerfs. Bad players dont understand thst there is a point they cant counter because theyve made too many mistakes.

That game mode can die in a fire. Blizz doesnt balance around random bgs, shouldnt balance for soloq either. How do you balance people coming in at all gear ranges, who dont use abilities (or have proper pvp spec/binds/arena 123 macros) and who want constant handouts? Were getting an eyefull of it with alot of these changes.

6 Likes

Bro DH is a 3 button rotation with passive healing from leech that made them immune to death, not to mention a random demon that spawns that allows them to insta top themselves while killing ur whole team, they deserved the nerfs

9 Likes

Wasnt talking about dh bro, I was talking about rogue.

Dh and Fury need total reworks, for the simple reason those classes (coming from a s1 bfa dh player) play themselves. 3 globals shouldnt equate to 14+ from other classes b/c procs or auto actions. Blade dance and Rampage for example.

Doesnt change my point about soloq though. Dh and fury arent desiged well for any pvp game mode.

2 Likes

Yeah, and your class also deserved the nerfs when all 3 specs are ahead of everyone else in raid and could one shot people in a stun (see: Pikaboo). Quit crying. :slight_smile:

Not enough nerds. Need more.

2 Likes

Lol a class with a cheat death complaining. Now that is nothing new
Every time rogue get a tiny nerf they cry all over the place.

2 Likes

Ironic, coming from the class with spammable Feign Death

7 Likes

FD doesn’t make not so you don’t die lol

Doesn’t it though…

Regardless, why bother coming into the rogue forums to mock us as a collective for being annoyed at back to back nerfs? We have been shuffling around talents and builds to keep up with it. We work harder to outplay and are rewarded by wins and nerfs. It’s frustrating.

6 Likes

I’m starting to consider maining Brewmaster. Already at the bottom of the barrel so…it could get further nerfed, but I mean dang.

1 Like

wouldnt worry about the flat 3%. barely noticeable. idk about the other stuff tho.

1 Like

I love playing my rogue as much as others on this forum, but sometimes it feels people on here don’t know what it’s like from another class’ perspective. A class being able to engage on you at will from stealth and kill you in the opening cheap shot stun (or reset and do it again if you trinket) is not acceptable.

6 Likes

Calm down. Two outlaw rogues topped our raid parses tonight on most fights. A 3% nerf isn’t a sky is falling situation. We’ll be fine. If you’re a sub PvP player, you’re honestly getting some well deserved nerfs lol. I switch to Sub for 2s and have no idea what I’m doing but people die.

If you’re Assassin, well… sucks to be you but that spec is boring af anyway lol. I wanted to main it for single target in raid but it’s too boring for me.

Yeah, sub is still broken for sure. I’m glad to see the nerfs coming on the 20th because it’s good for the health of the game.