Rogues over nerfed

bro we don’t care about your raids, we care about PvP balancing

13 Likes

If people get outplayed they deserve to lose. Thats healthy game play. Infinite hand holding from the devs to appease bad players is toxic.You getting carried in skirms or solo or whatever trash pvp youre doing isnt a good metric to judge how strong a spec is. Its 4th from the bottom in terms of rep on arena mate and after tuesday all the ladder except a few die hards will be sub and outlaw.

Lol 0 pvp achevements. You can say whatever you want about us in pvp but you have no idea what youre talking about clearly.

3 Likes

If you care about balancing, you should understand the nerfs. Sub rogue burst, like at the beginning of almost every expansion, was absolutely bonkers and needed to be nerfed.

The truth is you don’t care about balancing. You just want to be overpowered and for everybody else to be balanced.

What’s balanced about Secret Technique almost literally one-shotting fully geared players?

3 Likes

ya he is a troll, sad boy

Knowing how to PvP and spending the time grinding it to accomplish stuff are mutually exclusive.

You don’t have to be a gladiator every season to know that Secret Technique one-shotting people is hilariously unfair.

It’s an MMO and I’ve always played the beginning of expansions and quit as I preferred others with as trash as the game has been since I started playing (Cata) with the exception of Legion. You trying to act like achievements matter as if MMOs are difficult is just weird. Sorry to break it to you, but there’s nothing hard about this game dude.

However, this expansion looks good enough to stick around so I actually care about the balancing.

Getting that lol, dudes an idiot. One shotting someone you’ve stripped of defenses is the essence of rogue pvp.

4 Likes

Nerfs were warranted but not the best.

-3% damage is absolutely okay.
Sub -30% on Secret Tech is fine. Might not even be enough.

For Sin though, 30% off Deathmark is harsh. Especially after exsang going from 45 seconds to 3 mins and them admitting they don’t know what to even do about it.

Sin has tons of counterplay. It isn’t a 200k single skill. It’s all dots. In a meta with more bleed and poison cleanses than ever before. This is gonna hurt big time, and to me feels like a complete knee jerk reaction that once people actually get on top of their cleanses is just going to make Sin laughable.

45s to 1.5 min exsang and 15% deathmark nerf would have been about the sweet spot imho. But I’m biased and blizzard doesn’t read forums so whatever I guess.

10 Likes

I love how you call me an idiot while saying something this stupid. You and that other clown deserve each other for sure. Have fun crying about the rogue nerfs as they continue to be just fine.

The fact you think rogues should be designed to be able to one shot people after you get them to pop their big defensive CD says all that needs to be said. As I said earlier, you clowns don’t care about balance.

Also, if you want to talk about achievements and credentials you should probably post on your main. I can’t imagine being so spineless that I’d post on my alt on a video game forum.

1 Like

Yeah the sin nerfs were definitely a bit much. Sub needed hit but the other two were pretty fine in PvP if not a tad underwhelming after the destruction of Exsanguinate.

2 Likes

The Assa nerfs are low-key walkbacks from the new spec design without wanting to admit that they’re walkbacks, which is gross. Being able to build pulls around bomb uptime by way of RC was super fun; now needing to fish for stingy RNG procs with an unreliable opener feels bad. Glass cannoning around with dangerous bleed duplication in PvP felt great; now having the ability fall short of being scary and watching the same class designer baby abilities like The Hunt feels…ridiculous?

Who are these nerfs for exactly? I have guesses.

4 Likes

So you think no one should die in pvp, and try gaslighting me on that point?

Yeah, youre an idiot.

1 Like

So you think the only way people die is if you’re allowed to press 1 button that hits for 80% or more of their HP? You must be really good at this game.

Screw our CC kit, apparently if we can’t Secret Technique somebody for their entire health bar then Sub is useless and can’t kill anybody. What a great take.

3 Likes

At least from the lens of PvP: I’ll agree with a point in the OP that it’s very bizarre how certain classes are still flying under the nerf radar, and Spriests are bizarrely getting unneeded damage buffs as a side effect to their PvE tuning.

However, respectfully, rogues are still cracked in pvp and I don’t see these changes really threatening that.

7 Likes

Jesus this thread is still going on. You all can watch any high level rogue streamer and you can see that, when decently played, they are absurd.

And why are we talking about “stripping defenses” when entire healthbars are being deleted during an opener? Hello?

Rogues deserve their nerfs in PvP, as well as PvE. You can’t call other classes OP and then complain about you getting tuned down whenever your class is overperforming in all content, lmao.

3 Likes

I don’t take issue with numerical nerfs necessarily, but broad gameplay changes (like what’s happening with RC) just feel gross and possibly lazy. The hit to Deathmark, which is separate and probably warranted at the absolute topend, would land a little better if it weren’t coming from the same mind that’s letting DH throw damage and crazy survivability around like it’s an actual niche. Genuinely curious: what’s your comparative take on DH?

4 Likes

You are comparing what I would say about 90-95% of the rogue players (that have normal jobs/family/etc. that can’t play and learn everything about a class) to the top 1-5% that probably play wow for a living. Any class played decently will be absurd. Some classes have less of a skill gap then others. From my experience so far, every class has the capability to delete entire health bars in one opening. I’ve seen/have been deleted in an opener from probably all classes (damaged based specs). For example, I had a DH do 325k damage in a matter of 5 seconds. If you know a rogue will try to delete you in an opener then it can be countered don’t be greedy and save your trinket, that’s on you. Most deleting in openers require probably all damage CDs available to a rogue, cc/pop defensives when they pop them and should be gg. I would say quite easy in fact. In terms of PVE, what other purpose does a rogue serve other than damage? atrophic poisoning now to lessen the damage, some survivability with cloak/other skills. A rogues main purpose in PVE is high damage output and that is it. Most other classes can off-tank or off-heal besides maybe a hunter. In addition, the most recent post with rogues topping the DPS charts literally says rogue only top the charts because there are only a few hundred chart/dps logs compared to other classes with thousands so the averages are definitely going to be in the rogues favor.

5 Likes

can someone tell me where this is. i only see on other sites and not on the ptr forum. 10.0.5 does not list this.

So, according to your reasoning, no classes should be tuned right? Because after all, every class is absurd if the player is good.

You also completely disregard the fact that:

1. Outlaw rogue is clearly overperforming in PvE. It’s one of the best M+ specs along with WW and Havoc DH.

2. Rogue was seen in RWF teams and was usually the top DPS, along with logs supporting this.

Blizzard clearly has the data to nerf them by 3%.

Again, you cannot call other classes OP and defend your class consistently being at the top.

I agree, large changes to classes feel kinda bad and wish they would stick to numerical changes. It seems kinda odd that they are making broad changes to classes.

As for my perspective on DH, they are clearly overtuned for damage in PvP and will (hopefully) see tunings. With current logs as well as the RWF, they are at least seemingly not overtuned in raids but do excel in M+.

My issue currently with DH is that it’s an incredibly controversial class and the forums have a few users that are clearly trolling it, and yet despite being reported on numerous occasions, they haven’t been muted yet. It sucks.

1 Like

Honestly yea, I think everything was good where it was at. I would get deleted and I would delete. It forced people to learn/adapt in PVP. For example, knowing when a DH is casting the hunt and dodging or CC during cast. Didn’t play anything after BC up until Shadowlands but I believe outlaw has always excelled at PVE. I get what you are trying to say that them topping charts is “op” but who benefits from rogues smashing in DPS? Everyone, more damage to mobs/bosses = quicker death and I say higher success rate. I don’t do mythics much and don’t even know what RWF is. I don’t think blizzard has the data because a lot of classes would have gotten nerf or if they do they don’t have someone that actually takes the times to understand, I could be wrong. 30% kind of rough especially for skills that can be countered. Most people, including rogues like pikaboo thought secret technique was trash until he finally learned how to use it properly. It is what it is though.