Rogues and Mutilate

Can we please re-balance and allow rogues to use other skills?

Mutilate is the most boring ability for rogues and from what I see in datamining that will only become more boring, essentially the rotation will bet Mut-mut-SND-mut-env-mut-env-mut-env-mut-env-mut-env forever in raid.

Terrible 2 button gameplay.

Phase 1 was so much more fun, I really miss having multiple viable options in PVE/PVP. In phase 1 I ran saber slash in raid and mixed around builds a lot but mostly stuck with Backstab build in pvp.

Make Backstab great again. That is all

17 Likes

kinda agree
wtb hemo and rupture runes

4 Likes

It should have never been reduced by 20 energy the way it was. They should have just allowed it to benefit from the -20 energy cost rune to backstab and ambush.

13 Likes

I think their reason for it was to save rogues in P2 because without mutilate we’d be worse than frost mages. I think that is a poor excuse, make only one build viable by giving it a massive buff instead of doing class balancing.

Backstab SHOULD hit significantly harder than Mutilate, otherwise why would you use something that requires being behind a target AND gives half the combo points for the same energy…

8 Likes

I personally hated having 4 combo points, needing to hit mut for 5 stack into envenom… felt bad to yeet that 6th combo point into nothing.

5 Likes

I’ll be surprised if mut stays as it is in p3 tbh. It will be probably nerfed in the first 2 weeks back to 60 and to compensate rupture will have it’s duration increased by 5 seconds.

3 Likes

Rogues tend to use one combo builder. I will be honest, other than leveling and PvP, I can’t think of a time when I didn’t use Mutilate/SS exclusively to build combos.

Rogues have a pretty simple damage rotation. Folks that roll rogue to exclusively PvE must go insane.

Good news is that two button pve rotation gets very dynamic in pvp. The damage part should be muscle memory. What makes rogues “rogues” is Gouge, Kidney, Blind, Kick, Distract, Vanish, garrote, Sap, CS, SS, and now our shotty slows and stuns.

Rogues have the highest skill cap in pvp. For that we are rewarded with a brain dead pve rotation. We are only supposed to raid for Weps anyways :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Most classes have a pretty brain dead rotation right now, rogues just take it to another level. and in p3 we won’t even have to worry about SND, I’m pretty sure we wont need to use 2 mutilates before envenom with all the extra cp from HAT and we might possibly start using seal fate for even more cp potentially being 4 cp per mutilate… Mutilate might fall off because it will be near impossible to not be overcapping CP all the time.

I do not see what blizzard was thinking making mutilate hit harder than backstab and giving double the combo points. In what world would you use backstab? IMO backstab is far and away the most fun build in wow and actually make you think about positioning. As is mutilate just raises the skill floor for all these terrible rogues, Tired of seeing rogues running deadly brew/envenom ruining everything that makes rogues “Rogues” as you put it and still managing to kill people.

Don’t change it. So rogues don’t need the fist set. Keep the fists for hunter bis

Lol, Many rogues will be going after the fist if nothing else but for p4 potential, the fists are insane. I am expecting something to rogue coming soon otherwise they super awesome BM sword makes no sense either…

You’re going to be mut again most likely.

1 Like

Yeah but it’d be nice if we didn’t have to be

I mean what’s the difference?

There is no cool new dagger that summons a dragon to fight with you. But there is a cool new sword

1 Like

Well if you’re going to use logic I can’t help you.

4 Likes

the worst part is they didnt even make an animation for mutliate. it existed in classic. it existed in tbc. it existed in wotlk.

why is SoD the only form of WoW where mutilate DOESNT have its animation? the devs hate rogues so much they refuse to give us so much as an animation for the only skill they want us to use.

3 Likes

terrible take
it should be mut > snd > mut > mut > cb > env > vanish > Tea > mut > mut > env

This is assuming mut spec isn’t overtaken by combat anyways. Rogue DPS rotation has pretty much always been this simple in vanilla, if anything there is more to do now not less.

the only terrible take is yours.

hes talking about next phase, and how rogues will work. plz use brain.

1 Like

Looks like that sword has a 1m ICD to summon a dragon.

Yea we will definitely be using HAT and so far it’s looking like Carnage is better than CTTC.

So throw in rupture in that rotation.

1 Like