Rogue tank threat issues

Hello,

Been doing some World bosses and there is no way I can keep threat on the long run on bosses… People didn’t noticed in dungeons because the mobs die so fast, but now in raid my threat get ripped off right after I end my burst of sinisters with main gauche. This is getting annoying and I’ve been complaining about this since I started dungeons. The threat gain from Just a flesh wound is clearly not enough and need fixing. Fighting for threat agains’t a warlock is just not happening and is a real joke since he will do more threat with his immolation aura (this is how it feels to me). DPS players keeps doing more and more damage and threat just don’t follow. This farce needs to stop and people needs to sit down and talk about rogue tanks and their poor design. seriously.

8 Likes

Rogue tanks are a terrible meme especially with AOE threat the idea is great but implemented terribly with zero support

3 Likes

Imagine playing a rogue tank.

2 Likes

Yeah, all you can do is deadly blunderbuss/shuriken toss and watch someone pull aggro off you in AOE groups and have nothing to do about it besides taunt one and watch the highest DPS get smoked.

I thought to myself, let me grab darkmantle, it’ll work out. False, it will not work out.

They said fan of knives, would be a good AOE move to use. That was dead in the water before it even went live.

It was amusing them changing shuriken toss from instant to 30 seconds as if there is so many tools at are disposal.

Even more amusing not being self sufficient and having to rely on a shaman for alpha, I already posted about this but yeah, it was a good concept but having a 30 second shuriken toss and a deadly blunderbuss just doesn’t cut it.

To have some darkmantle and watch DPS pull off you and act like you haven’t invested time into your character makes it not enjoyable in the slightest.

3 Likes

Its so terrible, really considering quitting to be honest.

1 Like

I thought rogue tanks still used mutilate to keep threat.

You do realize that is all tanks in classic right… threat matters and alliance have to rely on salv to help threat issues

2 Likes

You probably need to swap to Mutilate or Saber Slash so your steady damage output is higher. I like Main Gauche into free Sinister Strikes but that mostly allows you to get to a finisher faster… and Rogue Tanks don’t have damage worthy finishers.

You need to be prioritizing the biggest damage you can with your autos and builders, not racing to a 5pt finisher.

They do, or Saber Slash if they have really good combat-esque weapons. Main Gauche is a trap to get you to generate more CPs for… anemic Eviscerates? Rupture?

I wish Main Gauche was a finisher that hit really hard than a builder to be honest. No Envenom for Rogue Tanks is pure crap.

Yep. Threat is still awful. But they won’t change it. Rogue tanking is doomed. They say Tier 1 will save us. Bro, T0.5 doesn’t even do anything for our threat. I doubt T1 will do much better.

What is rouge tank??? Is it just a joke at this point?

I’m over here wanting to play rogue tank so badly. I love the concept. But Blizzard is like “yeah, but rogue suck at tanking dungeons. Good luck or re-roll”. Cool thanks?

1 Like

You are playing a meme spec. Better to just stick with ganking tbh

Apparently. Blizzard advertises a new spec. Makes it crap. GG

Relying on tier pieces for aoe threat is terrible design. What are we to do when we move on from Nightslayer?

2 Likes

Hopefully go back to being a normal rogue.

Completely agree. They’re making our aoe runes good within a tier set. Really? That’s horrible. So we have to complete raid content to have our runes be viable???

Also, giving us Cloak of Shadows behind T1 as well. Lol.

And yeah, what happens when we start equipping T2? Our aoe runes suck again?

We get it, you’re a terrible troll. There’s something called a dual spec ya know?

Fan of knives needs 1000% threat buff when using tanking runes to even be 1/10th the value of a prot paladin

4 Likes

we already rely on 2 runes to be able to even start tanking, now we need to (maybe) reply on T1 2 set aswell.

Rogue tank design is laughable, and a struggle in comparison to how easy shamans and druid have it

1 Like

quit mine in p1, came back to it in p2 for shuriken toss and threat buff, still horrible so quit it entirely. really wish they actually made rogues a tank. i was looking forward to it

2 Likes

Single target threat should not be a problem. Here’s the rundown…

For runes, use HaT, UA, SSL, PK, BD, RwtP, JafW.
Talent build should be 19/32/0

Occult poison OH, WF MH

Rotation is maintaining SnD/BD/EA/SSL bleed. Weave in SS when you have 4+ secs on bleed and PK when you’re at 4 or less CP.
Do not use PK if you’re not using occult and do not cast EA if you’re using sebacious.

For dungeons, use shuriken into BD, MG, BB, and tab SS and you shouldn’t have any problems.

1 Like

Did anyone say specifically single target threat or is the majority of the feedback identifying AOE threat as the problem